Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 03-31-2004, 03:36 PM
AK47Killer is offline AK47Killer

RollEyes Demo Review

Allright.. I was dissapointed in the DEMO Greatly..
The first reason is one of the family members in my family haven't I downloaded it for a very long time actually they deleted it... so.. I will not have a DEMO anymore, it is not worth the time to download.

The Demo is very glitchy,I did not like this at all.. very slow, errors, hard to move, and my PC is horrible.. need a new one.
Gameplay is very choppy Almost too hard to play. I also did not like the fact that it takes over 5 mins maybe more just to load the games. The map that Novalogic picked and that type of game I don't really like. Unless there is a better and different map because that one I thought took a lot of time to get around, and was hard to navigate. About the veichles the ground and boats were very well constructed, but the flyable veichles boy were they hard to navigate. Since there is no instruction manuel I mean maybe in the Help Section or Keyboard controls I could of found out how, but in this demo without knowing I drove my littlebird all the way to the enemy base, and over like 35 enemies starting shooting and firing missles, and my little bird was swinging left and right and going down that it hit and exploded into their base causing a lot of the enemies to die.. but anyways I did not know what the hell I was doing.

I would say to everyone for now.. trash the Demo lol not litterarly but this game is not very good right now. I think they released the demo too early and I think they should of used a basic game type not the new game type Advance and Secure, they should of just kept a TDM, with a map that was easy, but fun and not a struggle. Some users who used the DEMO possibly never have played any other games by Novalogic besides the JO demo.. they would be thinking "Wow this game is way too hard or confusing."

I am very dissapointed on the demo like I have already said. But I do have high exceptions for the final product of the regular game not the demo. I think this game can be very good and popular game it just needs some work with the glitches and bugs and that sort.

Some pro's about the game: Characters were very cool looking, I liked the fact that they had female lol just to give it for all users the game. (Hopefully Novalogic will add more player types than the ones that we saw in the final product) Weapons: The weapons I thought were awesome every single one of them was great, the AK47, AK74 and that new machine gun were wicked to use, and in the final game of it not the demo they should be fun when Novalogic get's rid of all the glitches and makes the game better.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I don't like a few parts of the game. Becides the normal glitches, for some reason outa no where my screen would get huge and it would look like i was looking at everything with a magnaifing glass. And it was not a weapon, or the binocs. Graphics are great, no choppyness.

The first time I spawned I got ran over, the second time a chopper blew me up.. and the 3rd time I got into the armory... and got blown up. I knew this game would be like this. Everyone flys the chopper.. boom boom boom die die die.. After dieing a few times and waiting the 10-30 second spawn timer... I finally made it to some place and killed a team mate.. I guess when you get close there tags dissapear.. to late.

The map is to big.. there is no real combat other then flying.. and that sucks for me. I hate waiting, I was a lw junkie.. i like running around jumping killing raping spawning to get right back in asap etc.. not stuck in one area with 10 choppers over me and then trying to run 10000 meters to finally find someone to shoot at and then have the super hidden sniper kill me..

I like the black dots, i liked the ****ty graphics, at least the game kicked ass, i liked being able to have a clue where someone is when they are shooting at me. I like the freedom lw has with movement, I like unloading over a hill top onto the other teams base.. I like the fast and intence shootouts lw had, I love double loaded rocket launchers and the easy nades. You cant even switch weapons good in bhd or jops. I like the fast switch, not some pull it outa your arse and clean it first weapon switch. I hate how I can run into a tree with the chooper and bounce off of it. I hate the vehicals period.

Why must they take something great and turn it into this ..

But there are prolly a small ammount of people that like the lw style like me..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-31-2004, 05:16 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
been playing the demo for a good 4 hours, all i have to say is get used to the controls, set up your own server by your self and learn to handle the vehicles, now i can land a little bird take off and pick more soldiers up like it aint no thang, but yes it is glitchey but then again it is DEMO, i love it so far, the helos are so easy to fly, best advice is get used to it and its hella fun
Old 03-31-2004, 05:32 PM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
Anyone know what ports have to be forwarded for JO? I don't wanna run that machine in the DMZ.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:20 PM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
it sucks...the game is just like any other DF game from novalogic

and the players i was playing with/against...we were on the same team...

damn TKing mother Fers...i saw more murdering going on both sides in multiple servers than i saw my entire time playing DF

didnt get a real good chance to take a look a the map to play with the weapons

i did take a couple short rides in choppers and boats but they didnt last long cause a TKer was laying in wait

im not getting this game due to the community that will buy a game just to ruin it for the rest of us...

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 03-31-2004, 10:46 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
I like the black dots, i liked the ****ty graphics, at least the game kicked ass, i liked being able to have a clue where someone is when they are shooting at me. I like the freedom lw has with movement, I like unloading over a hill top onto the other teams base.. I like the fast and intence shootouts lw had, I love double loaded rocket launchers and the easy nades. You cant even switch weapons good in bhd or jops. I like the fast switch, not some pull it outa your arse and clean it first weapon switch. I hate how I can run into a tree with the chooper and bounce off of it. I hate the vehicals period.
I swear to god Panther is a mirror image of myself. I have DF2-BHD (i guess u can include the JO demo) and my favorite out of all of them is TFD even though LW was some ownage also. I love shooting at dots...long range gunning...hill running. That is the definition of Delta Force. In TFD I can pick off a 3x3 pixel on a dark hill 800m off. But in games like BHD and JO I can't hit someone standing in front of me because of all the recoil. Hell I was playing JO with Panther not long ago and I tried to shoot his ass when he was standing still and the next thing I knew I was looking at the sun. Luckily I killed him but dayum.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 03-31-2004, 11:09 PM
E.Valencia is offline E.Valencia

Quote:
Originally posted by G.I.JOE*MFA*
it sucks...the game is just like any other DF game from novalogic

and the players i was playing with/against...we were on the same team...

damn TKing mother Fers...i saw more murdering going on both sides in multiple servers than i saw my entire time playing DF

didnt get a real good chance to take a look a the map to play with the weapons

i did take a couple short rides in choppers and boats but they didnt last long cause a TKer was laying in wait

Dude first off (and the players i was playing with/against...we were on the same team...) doesnt make not the slightest sence, second if you dont like the df games THEN STOP PLAYING THEM! third (im not getting this game due to the community that will buy a game just to ruin it for the rest of us...) how are u gunna judge this game for the rest of us thats your OPPINION if u dont like the game TOUGH dont play it, forth (damn TKing mother Fers...i saw more murdering going on both sides in multiple servers than i saw my entire time playing DF) is not a prob with the game its a prob with the players! So iff you want to tell probs with the game go ahead but dont go off saying the game sux and all that crap about nova, half of that isnt nothing nova can change(tking) and remember bro its only a BETA theres alot of changes to b made before the game is out so dont get all upset and stuff before the game even comes out remember theres still beta and novalogic members working!
Old 03-31-2004, 11:26 PM

i think people are entitled to there own opinion. Maybe his views will be read by some one with the same interest, YEAH THERE IS A LOT OF TKERS, and last there was to much hype about the game
Old 03-31-2004, 11:29 PM

yes it is a officail demo but still doesnt mean nobodys gunna fix the bugs and put a fixed version on the shelves!! i mean that would b stupid to put a game out in stores full of bugs and glitches..
Old 04-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Doper-ISK- is offline Doper-ISK-

i love it flying is absolutely easy way to cool i didnt have much glitches only exiting a vehicle should improve as u leave the chopper u can find urself with ur feet on the blades lol.also my server went nuts in cpu bouncing between 20 and 40 % cpu usage but the ping was cool.
i had no stuttering maybe 2 times in 2 hours playing.also different then bfv ground personnel can be dominating and the aim is like it should be.

i slept 2 hours and it was worth it.

as for the screen lag we were warned it was going to be a cpu eater.but mine is fine gotta tweak my server though.

j-ops server demandss waaaaaay more then bhd server .

but im satis fied and nova made the rite decision i thibk bringing it out now before the actual date it would be.

i think we are actually beta testing this rite now as the demo is a 0.96 version or sumtin? me thinks we are all beta testers
Old 04-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
i'm with trilogy and panther here, too many vehicles, not enough ground combat
well, let's be glad there are no heavy tanks

noone believed me when i said i'm totally happy that NL didn't include driveable vehicles in TS...
Old 04-01-2004, 06:39 AM

still dont belive you, but you guys talk about JO being all that cuz you can fly and stuff, well once you get your hands on it your not happy, what would you expect a flight sim?
Old 04-01-2004, 06:40 AM

one more thing its a delta force game, and from my understanding delta force is a game made so that every one can play, not just the elite
Old 04-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Hayzee is offline Hayzee

I think something that needs to be understood is that Joint Ops is nothing to do with the DF series and I don't think it should be compared that much with the DF series.

I too reminisce over the old days of double loaded rockets & parachutes, and shooting at black dots, out of the games LW was my favourite and then DF2 and then BHD & BHDTS. I do enjoy playing them all.

Joint Ops is a different entity, controllable vehicles etc These aspects are not part of the DF series and hopefully never will be (apart from the odd mod of course). I don't think a comparison should be made. I downloaded the demo last night and played on it for about half an hour or so. It looks like a fun game from what I have seen. The DF series will be the mainstay of my gaming, but I will buy JO as a change from playing DF.

Just my 2 pence worth.

=HZ=
Old 04-01-2004, 08:42 AM
AK47Killer is offline AK47Killer

From my first review I take a few things back.. this is demo or whatever you call it is released early Novalogic is still going to make improvements to the game.. and besides the map and maybe a little lag it was fun I think whene they make improvements and in the 2nd Beta, and also I think a different map or game type then it will be a great game.. I still can't wait to buy it in stores.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
Personally, with games out like FarCry, and UT2k4, I don't see Nova being a contender (have you seen Far Cry?...OMG!). The BHD engine is a good start, but its unfinished, and unrefined. BHD would have been a greater game, had it been finished. In my opinion, it still isn't - how bout the password issues with it? Yeah we can change em by editing cfg files, or using some utility to do so, but what the hell is that? They should have put password slots in @ the very beginning. They have been told repeatedly, but yet even at this late date, they have YET to include it....hell, Devilsclaw did it immediately. I guess Nova should hire him to oversee.

There is just so much that could have been better...like the clays issue...maybe 8 was too many, but I think 2 is too few, and they could have made the number of clays a server setting, so eventually all of US could decide how many was gonna be the standard. Like they did with the auto-elevation.

I think JO might be fun, but I can't tell...can't get any combat because everyone is in the air...I really like BHD better I think...
Old 04-01-2004, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ߣÚÑT
one more thing its a delta force game, and from my understanding delta force is a game made so that every one can play, not just the elite
I agree with Hayzee, its not a DeltaForce game, and shouldnt be compared with them.... Or it would be named DeltaForce something. JointOps is a totaly new start for Nova, not just another series.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
If you think about it when BHD demo was first released where did everyone go? They all wanted to ride around in the chopper, it was something new. Now the new thing is driving the vehicles and choppers. I think people will get over it...hopefully.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 04-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by E.Valencia
yes it is a officail demo but still doesnt mean nobodys gunna fix the bugs and put a fixed version on the shelves!! i mean that would b stupid to put a game out in stores full of bugs and glitches..
You must not be from around nova land? This your first?

Sorry just had to say that

Old 04-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Joint Ops is just bhd with vehicals... A few new weapons, I mean, terra-nova coulda made this, oh wait, they did..