Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-02-2003, 10:30 AM
BlackFox is offline BlackFox

Send a message via AIM to BlackFox
To diable those Pop-Up Messages:
go to Start > Run, and type services.msc, look down the list for Messenger, and change it from automatic to Disabled, this will stop those pop-ups witout additional software so you won't have to use extra cpu time while playing your games!
Old 07-27-2003, 01:49 AM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
ok now i just installed XP home ,and did a Low Level Format ,so i know everything was clean, it installed no problem ,BUT!, #1 adaptec cd creator 4.2,will not run and gives error saying not supported by XP and to get update from adaptec ,tried to install update and it said not compatable with XP, but it was for XP, #2 TFD LW and BHD all installed ok , but when i put in my No CD crack that i got here , it runs the game but only after i click cancel on the box that comes up 3-5 times saying There is no disk in the drive.Please insert a disk into drive D , i think XP has some bugs and cant find anything on Microsoft to fix it,i have ALL service packs and updates , had to get Vid driver from Mirosoft ,cause it wouldnt let me install the driver from Nvidia (exact same #), so why doesnt it like my games and some programs ? and they are all compatable with XP !!

Last edited by JimDirt; 07-27-2003 at 02:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:10 AM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
also BHD will not let me join a game , i can sign in ,go to lobby ,but when i click on game say "Blackhawk 1 "it says JOINING , but hangs there and will not go any farther! ,my system is ,1.7 AMD Athlon XP , Win XP home, CSI k7n2g mainboard , Asylum TI 4200 128mb vid, 512 DDR ram, 512 cable (my PING average is 68 ), i did not have any of these probs with 98SE , only 2000 pro ,and XP ,, any answers?????????
Old 11-24-2003, 03:40 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Biggrin

they remove it i never had a chance to try it?

BootVis.exe Tool
Updated: September 19, 2003

About Bootvis.exe
Bootvis.exe is a performance tracing and visualization tool that Microsoft designed to help PC system designers and software developers identify performance issues for boot/resume timing while developing new PC products or supporting software.

Please note that Bootvis.exe is not a tool that will improve boot/resume performance for end users. Contrary to some published reports, Bootvis.exe cannot reduce or alter a system's boot or resume performance. The boot optimization routines invoked by Bootvis.exe are built into Windows XP. These routines run automatically at pre-determined times as part of the normal operation of the operating system.

If you are an end-user seeking to resolve issues for boot/resume performance on your PC, we recommend that you contact the vendor from whom you purchased the PC. For information from Microsoft on specific issues, you can search Knowledge Base for Windows XP product issues related to "resume time." Knowledge Base is a free information service available at: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

You can also post questions to the Microsoft Windows XP Newsgroups at: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...&Product=winxp

If you are a software developer or system designer seeking assistance for using Bootvis.exe in your development efforts, please work with your usual Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) contacts for developer support. To get developer support if you do not already have a contact, please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/support/

The Bootvis.exe tool is no longer available from this site.
==========================================
Quote:
Originally posted by BLADE =GH=
I use XP-Antispy3e to get rid of ALL messenger stuff, I also had probs with NTFS swapping around. But all OK now. Oh this antispy give you back the 20% bandwidth Microsoft took from you!
Thats the Virsion i upgraded to Windows Xp Pro Fat/NTFS. some call it "Windows Xp Pro Corp" i had a lic tech instill it who has a lic from Microsoft. he works on bussines computers system all the time and he been working with microsoft from 1960 to this day. he have a great back ground with hirstory on top of that. i found him last 2 weeks he been helping me a lot for free with that windows me and he ask if i like to do a upgrade i said hell yes, he said he instill a corp virsion of Windows Pro into my system, past 3days nothen funny as happen only Sound card i have to work it bugs out software and drivers for it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-10-2003 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by XenoMorpH
I had problems with XP. When I tried to install my soundblaster after a clean installation of XP, it crashed. After another clean installation I could install all drivers etc, but after a while it keep on crashing so I installed 98se again. 1 day I got myself a new Case and put the mainboard into the new case (after cleaning all hardware from dust). I forgot to put in 1 DDR Module, and installed a clean XP without any probs (with drivers and all). When I took a look at my RAM within XP I found out I just had 256 and not 512MB.
I put the other RAM module back into the pc, and booted,it had a crash amediately.

I had 2 different Brands of RAM moduls in it which were having probs with XP.

My tip: make sure ur Hardware isn't giving the probs.
ok i upgraded and my sound blaster live! vol it did not work ether i gone to my pc MFG (Gateway) got a new (really a old one for Xp) and instill it in the driver it work again i updated the software part of it from sound blaster web-site it was a combo job with a drivers fr; gateway and software from; Creative its working 100% good.

only thing now i am having its seem to log/skip offline or on line playing a DVD or Game it seem to hang there for 2sec and go on as normal dose it every 5-7min really bug me to hell, only see is "system Idle Process" running when it happens at CPU 99% then gose down to 0% then backup asap to 87-99% i really don't know it its that or what windows is running in back ground? only happen when playing any games/DVD/ or working on a programs it hangs there for 2sec then run normal dose it ever 5min or so.

Windows Xp Pro (OEM) HD-NTFS only
Old 12-10-2003, 01:04 AM
Chief ADFP

Update dose any one of a maints thats could be running like crazy in the back ground seems "System Idle Process" like to over run the CPU a lot going up to 99% on CPU amd staying up there a long time and for 5sec gose to 00%.

like it to run better with out so much b/s to it.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:22 PM
Chief ADFP

Cry

is there a way to stop msn-messager from popup people sign-on? i have it turn off and exit out. but i still get them drang small box poping up on me bottom right by the clock area getting tire of it, using msn-messager Vr 6.1? bugging the liven hell out of me. game play and all. in the game some one sign-on a blank box shows up in the game and gose away, only started when i upgraded to windows xp pro

i did use "Windows Task Manager" to end it by turn off msnmessage.exe but is there a better way?
Old 02-11-2004, 11:30 AM
wigster187KIA is offline wigster187KIA

to turn off msn messinger pop ups ....

start msn messinger

go to tools

go to options

go to general

un tick the alert box (S )
Old 02-11-2004, 11:38 AM

does this only work on xp pro ?
Quote:
Originally posted by staffy bull
to get 20% back with xp pro

goto start menu and click "run"

type in "gpedit.msc" and press enter

expand "computer configuration"

expand "administrative templates"

expand "network"

double click "qos packet scheduler"

in main window double click "limit reservable bandwith"

tick the "enabled" box

alter the bandwith limit from 20% to 0%

apply and ok
Old 02-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by wigster187KIA
does this only work on xp pro ?
no will work with Windows: Xp/Xp Pro/2003

Windows 2003 is mainly what i under stand is for Servers. i don't have it at all if some one can tell us more of be great.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:46 PM

ive got xp pro and i think it does improve the bandwidth

but a few of my freinds have only got xp and they cant run gpedit.msc any ideas
Old 02-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
it's only a network based thing for QoS, basically it doesnt do anyting:

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/w...365585,00.html
Old 02-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by wigster187KIA
ive got xp pro and i think it does improve the bandwidth

but a few of my freinds have only got xp and they cant run gpedit.msc any ideas
Your right for one i am using Windows Xp Pro Sp1 Virsion my download for the most part 5kb-8.5kb but upload it 8.5kb i seen this when i send a e-mail 1.3mb it taken 2min's to send out, think the main reason i never seen this i had Norton firewall it block them port now i using Sygate Personal Firewall Vr 4.1 and it lets them other port go at it, it dose block a lot of hackers scan's at ths time it blocked 30 scanports that hit me got thier full ISP address from every hop points right down to them, way cool.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Chief ADFP

do you know how to get your Wndows Xp to restart without really restarting (this is for real).

sorry i came across this one really cool:
How to restart Windows without restarting your computer
This one is again is. When you click on the SHUTDOWN button, make sure to simultaneous press SHIFT Button. If you hold the Shift key down while clicking on SHUTDOWN button, you computer would restart without restarting the Computer. This is equivalent to term"HOT REBOOT".

Great site to find info on Windows Xp & Xp Pro:
http://www.xptuneup.com/xptuneup_listview.htm
Old 03-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
before i do any thing that will piss me off, Does that really work, as in does it actualy clean out all the temp memory that is used

and refering to the comment before that i run one XP pro, Linux Mandrake, XP home, and 2003 server lol
Old 03-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
do you know how to get your Wndows Xp to restart without really restarting (this is for real).

sorry i came across this one really cool:
How to restart Windows without restarting your computer
This one is again is. When you click on the SHUTDOWN button, make sure to simultaneous press SHIFT Button. If you hold the Shift key down while clicking on SHUTDOWN button, you computer would restart without restarting the Computer. This is equivalent to term"HOT REBOOT".

Great site to find info on Windows Xp & Xp Pro:
http://www.xptuneup.com/xptuneup_listview.htm
you could go and check it out da? did you go there link above and read it all nope you only your big mouth up. read up on it guy.!!!! Gee they do have a lot of good tip on making your system run better so much better and shortcut on how to use your Windows Xp Family & pro work so good.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:18 PM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
ok just for you guys ..to stop and remove msn 4.7 which is poo and there is now a msn 6.1 ver out easily downloaded goto start/run and put this in

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

to quote my m8 judge at Team Friction "Die MSN 4.7"

reboot and no more pop ups ..install msn 6.1 and away you go

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 04-26-2004, 03:29 AM
Chief ADFP

Plain

sorry i am a bet lost on this one
is this normal or not in Control panel i open "User accounts" these 3 are not listed in there at all.
1.) Power user
2.) System
3.) User

I taken a SS of it so you know how i came across this
file name Wast.exe

System OS is Windows Xp Professional Sp1
(OEM) NTFS/Fat32

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-26-2004 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:31 AM
Chief ADFP

Edited double post
forum error

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-26-2004 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Chief ADFP

Microsoft Windows XP won't allow you to un-install or repair Internet Explorer. How can you fix the browser or even reinstall the program if it becomes corrupt?

If you don't yet have the very latest Internet Explorer, you can fix many problems by visiting "Windows Update Page" and updating to the latest version. If you're already up to date, however, the site won't let you reinstall the program. You need to fool the system into thinking you don't have the latest version.

IE6 reinstall back in.
Launch REGEDIT from the Start menu's Run dialog and navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}. In the right-hand pane, double-click on the DWORD value IsInstalled and change it from 1 to 0 (no matter whether you choose Decimal or Hexadecimal). Close REGEDIT and go to the Windows update site again. Now it should let you "update" IE and, with luck, fix the problems.

IE6 Outlook Express
By the way, you can do the same thing if you need to repair Outlook Express, but at the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}.

after all is done go to Microsoft update page you be able to reinstall it back in clean, i found this out my goof-up shown it gone back to IE Vr5.5 and not IE Vr6.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-24-2004 at 03:13 AM.