Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Hardware and Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Hardware and Software Discuss hardware, software and security related stuff

Old 05-14-2011, 02:48 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Tablets?

Anyone invested in one? My employer has been looking at some to use in different situations so I got to try out the Motorola XOOM. My boss got to try the iPad 2.

I must say, I am sort of disappointed in Android 3.1. I can't believe it has no default video player or notepad program to use out of the box. The "Multi-tasking" and menu buttons seem confusing also.

I think MAC has them beat for now. Kind of disappointed in google.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:26 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Yeah... actually the wife' has the Ipad 1, I have the no name edition, I like to play DF2 on hers, and I get bitch slapped for doing that, the No name edition, cost 75% less and does 75% less, in fact a total waste of chinese communist slaves whipping this no name up in a bamboo slum is what it is.

My bottom line is.....wait another 12 months, apple has got IT, samsung and others VERY far behind.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

You play DF2 on an ipad?

I still think they are pretty useless. Until they can run most standard Windows apps anyways. They are very nice for outside salesmen though. Showing products, flyers or catalogs via the ipad is a handy tool.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-17-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
You play DF2 on an ipad?

I still think they are pretty useless. Until they can run most standard Windows apps anyways. They are very nice for outside salesmen though. Showing products, flyers or catalogs via the ipad is a handy tool.

Yes sir! that is correct, but I must stress that I did not install it, a geeky neighbor did that, and at minimum resolution too, I do believe an EMULATOR was used but no details are available at the moment
The truth is I found it very awkward as the screen was to shiny and too small, the sound very tiny, the only "fun" bit was spinning the unit and spinning the game around....bit dumb really.

Only place I want an Ipod is in the game ANGEL FALLS for the player to use stuff and for comms naturally
Old 05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

RSI
A desktop pc with a touch screen would be a disaster under normal operation, ok on a fridge door
Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
You play DF2 on an ipad?

I think the idea is that the user will use RDP to use those types of applications. That way they can leave the heavier processing up to the server itself. It works quite well on the iPad believe it or not.

They're also good for mobile jobs like nursing, inventory management. Stuff where you aren't going to be sitting at a desk.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:40 AM

So what happened to 'her ipad!

She dropped it climbing outta her car, she couldn't get it to run right, so I took it to a pc repair shop, who said, claim the insurance.....she did.
Next day I dropped in the trash, then thought better of it, and took it to the garage bench for a couple of hours...

Guys I dunno what I did, but it goes great now.....

BUT I HAVN'T TOLD ANYONE, AM I A CRIMMINAL, A THIEF???

Should I move all my wifes important stuff to her ipad1 the new one or what..?

Or just chuck it out like I said I would....? HELP!!