Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-30-2003, 08:15 AM
Andrea is offline Andrea

Send a message via ICQ to Andrea
EXPLW

Hi there....i would like to know if there is a way to delet EXPlw without delet the whole DFLW....let me know ty very much
peace out
Old 04-30-2003, 08:23 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i'll get the dudes who made it to answer that one
someone should reply sometime today i think
Old 04-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Andrea is offline Andrea

TY KIND SIR
Old 04-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Major Headache is offline Major Headache

Send a message via ICQ to Major Headache
Now why would you want to do that?!?!

It only adds terrains, it doesn't change any stock files. If you're hosting, you can simply remove the EXP maps from your folder, they are not packed.

OK, I'll assume you have a good reason. There is only one way and that is if you made a backup of DFLW.PFF before installation and you still have it. In which case you can simply delete the current DFLW.PFF and rename the backup to that name.

If you didn't backup DFLW.PFF you could reinstall DFLW in a new folder, update it, then copy the DFLW.PFF from there to your old installation. Unfortunately, that has it's own drawbacks, like shortcuts would have to be reconfigured, etc.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:22 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
if you added in skin's (mod) to it you can redo the update i beleave it will change it back to stock skine's (mod)

if you know longer wish to host exp type maps thats cool yea you will have to unstill it then remove the dflw.pff or is it terrain.pff ether case delete them.

should have made a backup of the .pff file before instilling the explw terrain in.

what to do to save one a headack.
before doing any add-in's or add-on's do the follows:
1.) make a folder inside the game folder name "stock items"
cover all stock/skin/mod's that are stock
2.) copy and past the normal items (file you going to change).
3.) now add-in the new items in skin/Exp/terrain/mod's/ect..

4.) make a folder call "add-ins".

Now you can chainge them if need to put in the change items (.pff) or if you don't like them you can change back to normal stock .pff without the headacks or unstill it all.

you do need to change them sample you wish to use the stock one at a given time then you need to switch them put the new virsion sample dflw.pff (has added-in skin/mod/terrain) change to stock dflw.pff thats it.put the newer one in to add-in folder
and take out the stock one place it into the main folder that you have you game.exe (df.exe/df2.exe/dflw.exe/dftfd.exe/dfbhd.exe) are in what ever game you going to play or host.

you should not be getting any error other then not many player's use exp-type terrain do to take a long time to download and if you host it draw back all player who with to play in your server need to have it added in.

i lrean the hard way i added in DF2 into DFLW items builden's/terrains (yep grass terrain from DF2 now in DFLW)/shin.

got all type of error none system dump only joining in other game area online using skins mainly and mod's so i lrean make a stock folder and make a add-in folder save a lot of headack's
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-30-2003 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

personally id rename the EXP dflw.pff to exp.pff and copy and paste the DFLW.pff from your disk that way with a bit of reneming you could still use the exp if you wantred to.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:11 AM

Just a few clarifications...this may save a headache, or give a headache, depending on your nature.

Reapplying the update patch will only overwrite files of the same name, it will not restore your PFF file to it's stock condition, and certainly won't affect EXP files.

TerraNova only packs to the PFF file used in the small install, i.e dflw.pff for DFLW, small.pff for TFD, df2.pff for DF2, and dfbase.pff for DF. This is to support users who choose the Small Install, and works because that resource file always takes precedence over the other.

Yes, it's always a great idea to backup your stock files when installing any mods.

You can't copy the DFLW.PFF from your CD because due to their anti-copy scheme, the file appears to be 2.5 gigs!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:30 AM
DeadBoltdf2 is offline DeadBoltdf2

Send a message via ICQ to DeadBoltdf2
MH, you know what might be a cool addition to the exp... Just a quick tool to turn off all the exp based maps and turn them back on again.

Disabling the maps for hosting a non-exp server would seem to be the only reason to ever uninstall the prog so providing an exp-on/off switch would make that less of a requirement.

btw, I do love the exp for df2, just wish more servers would make use of it more frequently.

Regards,
DB
Old 05-01-2003, 03:30 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

thats wierd cause i just got it off the cd, maybe i clicked and dragged.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:38 AM

How big is it?
Old 05-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Andrea is offline Andrea

i 'll re-install my DFLW ...will be better and easier...ty brothers
Old 05-01-2003, 11:33 AM

I'm still curious as to why you're doing it.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Andrea is offline Andrea

causes me some screen annoing things and doesn't allow me to reduce to icon while h's downloading mission from server(between two maps)

SORRY MY NGLISH SUX
Old 05-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Butcher is offline Butcher

Quote:
Originally posted by DeadBoltdf2
MH, you know what might be a cool addition to the exp... Just a quick tool to turn off all the exp based maps and turn them back on again.

Disabling the maps for hosting a non-exp server would seem to be the only reason to ever uninstall the prog so providing an exp-on/off switch would make that less of a requirement.

btw, I do love the exp for df2, just wish more servers would make use of it more frequently.

Regards,
DB
You can make a simple batch file to do that.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:12 PM

Not if people make new maps that are based on the exp terrains. I was referring to something that would tell the difference between a exp based map regardless of those initially deployed with the exp pack.

If it was a batch file each person would need to keep it up to date themselves
Old 05-02-2003, 02:10 PM

If a person could stick to a convention of calling exp maps exp...whatever.bms. then you could have a simple bat file called noexp.bat
ren exp*.bms exp*.bak

and exp.bat
ren exp*.bak exp*.bms

The alternative would be to read the trn offset of each BMS and either compare it to a list of EXP terrains, or stock terrains and enable/disable the maps that way. I think thats more trouble than it's worth, but I'm not a programmer.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:30 PM

It was just a suggestion; if it wasn't part of the main download and docs I doubt a separate tool would be of any benefit. Just figuring there are people that don't have batch files as a skill and it seems like the only reason to uninstall the exp.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Butcher is offline Butcher

Quote:
Originally posted by DeadBoltdf2
Not if people make new maps that are based on the exp terrains. I was referring to something that would tell the difference between a exp based map regardless of those initially deployed with the exp pack.

If it was a batch file each person would need to keep it up to date themselves
Oh! I see...

Any maps using exp terrains SHOULD have EXP in the name. As long as the EXP was installed, it shouldn't make a difference.

If they fail to note it in the name, it would be tough to tell. I suppose you could use a hex editor to peek at the trn file name inside the bms file though.