Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-06-2002, 03:42 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek RE AUSRALIAN.

Hello,

I recently posted a point of view about the declining number of players on Land Warrior. Which for what ever reason was closed by a moderator I had never heard of.

I have just logged in again to find there is a reply which has cleared this matter up some what however, there is a codicil to this reply I received, implying that my post was "Flaming"? This was not my intention! That is some way there was an implied "racial slur", there was not!!!! I am well aware that using caps is considered shouting on the net but, I was just being idle and could not be bothered to turn off my caps lock. Secondly, these are words not sticks or stones and maybe I was using caps for the hard of hearing! Some players on Delta Force are a little older and may not see that well!!! You do understand irony when you read it I presume?

I was then informed that I would recieve this "warning" once only and any repeat of this would lead to my being banned? Then if this is the way this excellent board is going to be run, the ban me by all means!!!!

I strongly resent the implication made that I am in any way "racist", that I was "flaming", when I consider that from time to time, post appear with the F word in them, and apparently that is totally acceptable, then I consider my being told that I will face a ban an act of total hypocrisy

I read the post from the Australian gentleman and accept that he in no way ment to offend me and I may add, I meant no dis repsect to him however, if you are going to be this tough on some thing like this, then I expect that you will be equally tough on post's that contain, foul language!!!!

I await your reply with interest.

BADDOG

That's my game name by the way and it is always "shouted"!

One final thing on this subject, if there is any repeat of the statement that anything I said was in any way "racist" then I shall consider legal action against anyone who implies this!
Old 10-06-2002, 03:51 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Sorry there was some confusion going on there. It happens. You have been here awhile and have't done anything to even make anything think of banning you. If you have any other problems please feel free to PM me.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-06-2002, 03:53 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Baddog, you're reading too much into it. No one is calling you a racist or anything. Its just that you started to flame, at least that's what my understanding's, and I edited your post appropriately.

That was not a warning nor is anyone going to ban you. But its was only a friendly reminder that you are walking into grey area.

Now, for "the Australian gentleman," he's one of our mods and he was just trying to point what I stated in my earlier post.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 11-03-2002, 03:04 AM
HD135 is offline HD135

A velvet tongue with a heart of fire. Baddog is a Soldiers soldier. Always good, thoughtful, courteous comments which I enjoy reading. Also the type of participant that makes this forum fun and interesting. No doubt the administrators feel the same way. "Baddog", put your rifle down and have another cup of tea ( that's what you Brits enjoy, right?). I'll cover your back.
HD135 AKA: Mass Grave
Old 11-03-2002, 05:44 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
mmmmmmm tea mmmm

oh and buscuits of course
Old 11-03-2002, 11:46 AM
HD135 is offline HD135

Biscuits, eh. Now that I didn't know. Southern Yanks eat them with gravy but most all Yanks use a coffee chaser.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:30 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile AUSTRALIAN.

Hi HD 135,

Thanks for those kind words, I'll be getting a swollen head lol lol! I guess I must have had an off day, but then, we all get those don't we? As for tea? Yep, we love it !

Keep ducking and diving HD

Warm Regards

BADDOG
ENGLAND

"CAVE CANUM"