Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:27 PM
lil_dude is offline lil_dude

Send a message via AIM to lil_dude Send a message via Yahoo to lil_dude
NOVALOGIC Embarks on Joint Operation

Creators of the #1 selling PC game Delta Force - Black Hawk Down announce the development of brand new PC title.

Calabasas, Ca (July 7th 2003) - Entertainment software developer and publisher NovaLogic, Inc. today announced plans to release Joint Operations™, a brand new multiplayer based PC title during Fall of 2003.

Set in Indonesia in the near future, Joint Operations takes the player to a country on the verge of disintegration. Regional independence movements have acquired advanced weaponry as the nation's military splits into competing factions. Escalating violence threatens innocent civilians and Western economic interests.

“Joint Operations is the future of warfare,” commented Lee Milligan, President of NovaLogic. “It is the synchronized application of land, sea and air forces for maximum effect. This Fall, NovaLogic will bring the 21st Century warfighting experience to multiplayer game enthusiasts everywhere.”

Joint Operations:

Fly helicopters, pilot boats, and drive fast attack vehicles as part of a skilled combat team, firing on the move.
Developed using the Black Hawk™ engine, Joint Operations promises superior rendering technology and an enhanced 3rd generation multiplayer experience.
Use LCAC's (Landing Craft Air Cushioned) or Chinook helicopters to transport teammates and vehicles from island to island or across expansive terrain for mass troop deployment.
Wage war with drivable modern combat vehicles and up to 64 players online via the NovaWorld games service, or through LAN.
· Play as either a member of the Joint Operations Force or an Indonesian Separatist, with a choice of weapons and vehicles at your disposal.
· Realistic "super-foliated" maps. Travel on vehicles across vast terrains or use the dense jungle canopy for cover while on foot.
Numerous multiplayer game types including co-operative mode.
Take out targets and remove threats in single player mode while gaining valuable experience in vehicle control and weapons handling

Joint Operations will ship during Fall 2003 on PC CD ROM.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:04 PM
lil_dude is offline lil_dude

Send a message via AIM to lil_dude Send a message via Yahoo to lil_dude
Joint Operation Prints

Last edited by lil_dude; 07-07-2003 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:44 PM
BeBop is offline BeBop

Send a message via ICQ to BeBop Send a message via AIM to BeBop Send a message via Yahoo to BeBop
to me it personally looks like they re-skinned BHD and just gave it a new title and new guns...
Old 07-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
lol bebop read the post again. They have VEHICLES that are DRIVABLE and PILOTABLE. You can fly choppers, drive attack vehicles etc. 64 players in MP max, COOP, indonesian campaigns and tons of other stuff mate.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

He's right, those screenshots are not impressive at all. NL just simply added a few new maps, objects, and made the vehicles driveable.

The thing about it is, the people will buy this cheap product because they believe the stories NL pushes about the quality of the game being 100 times better and for once being right the first time...

HOW many games has NL made, how many times are you people going to buy their product and then complain about it being unfinished! Well if you are going to be dumb enough to buy their propaganda and then buy the game that is your petty fault.

Computers are topping 3.2 Ghz now, it is time NL took the TIME to make a top end game like they promise they will.

Everyone comlains, then again, they wouldn't complain if they hadn't bought the game. Stop buying their games, and they'll start doing them right...
Old 07-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Camouflage is offline Camouflage

The problem I see is that if Joint Ops isn't named DF: Joint Ops then DF sites can't cover it and squads can't play it together.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:59 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
man love the way the water looks so real like better then the others' i see water spraying up like that

and the Jungle look almost real water,plants,smoky mist not bad at all

only wish they add in the other DF:Serials Buildens',terrains'
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 07-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

I am sorry, I do not think any of that looks real at all... The shadowing around them boats is awful! Look where it should be the darkest right where the boat reaches the water and the shadow should start, the light is almost white...

Old 07-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

I can't edit that post... Anyways... That guy on the right side of the boat is floating in mid air... The year this game is suppose to take place is after 2003 atleast... Yet the hummer tires are not round! I believe octagonal wheels went out in the 1800's when train passengers complained of back pains...

I am so sure that zodiac will float with a guy standing through it... Gun scopes, still not round... Textures are completely bland on everything...

The technology provides endless oppurtunities, and NL doesn't use it, but expects everyone to pay 50.00 for their game anyways...

You do the math there...

Old 07-08-2003, 04:21 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
Bustin, BF hasnt got the best grafics, realism etc - but ppl still buy it, its the F U N of the game, who cares wether they choose to chew up my CPU by adding nice looking shadows, do you spend your time looking at shadows or shooting people? This game may not look much better grafically, but neither did the others - they were F U N tho... Its not like Nova are gaming nazis or anything, they make the games, you play em or you dont, its that simple.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:30 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
Its not like Nova are gaming nazis or anything, they make the games, you play em or you dont, its that simple.
Well Said, im putting that in my sig.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:42 AM
Chad is offline Chad

These screenshot are prints what i mean by that is not true RGB

You can find screenshots for Joint Operations(tm) in jpeg format here: ftp://user10:xe4his@smallftp.novalogic.com/ . Please note that this link will expire on Tuesday July 8th at 5.30 p.m. PST.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:08 AM
A TIN OF SPAM is offline A TIN OF SPAM

Send a message via ICQ to A TIN OF SPAM
I'll wait and see if the vehicles ARE actually driveable, before I leave comment, after all...we went through the same thing with BHD, thinking we were gonna be able to pilot chops and drive Humvees...and we weren't!

Stumbling along on Freeserve 56k ? NOT FOR SOME TIME NOW!
Old 07-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Unregistered
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bustin
I am sorry, I do not think any of that looks real at all... The shadowing around them boats is awful! Look where it should be the darkest right where the boat reaches the water and the shadow should start, the light is almost white...
Bustin if you want REAL join the army THIS IS A GAME.

Some people
Old 07-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Joining the Navy, fyi.

Well you all say what you say now, but when that game comes out you'll be bickering and complaining about the graphics sucking, the game have endless bugs and glitches, cheaters, etc...

I'm tired of hearing it no matter what forum you go into for what DF game...

So, I am going to point out every little thing I see that is wrong, this way no one can say they didn't know

I guess DFHQ is going to get a lot of forum hits with people in here telling me off

Old 07-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Smile

Every game has Glitches,Cheats and complaints about cirtain things.
As for the graphics using full detail on a multiplayer game is
Silly as framerate complaints are mostly due to players
having their graphics pushed to the limits.Vietcong complaints were about framerate But I only have......
An AND Athlon TBird 1.4GHZ 512megs ddr and a cheap
GeForce 4 MX440 and had no probs with framerate using the settings it set up for my system.

I will buy one of the games but not both.....
Old 07-08-2003, 01:20 PM
A TIN OF SPAM is offline A TIN OF SPAM

Send a message via ICQ to A TIN OF SPAM
Every game has its bugs m8...and wherever there is competition there will always be cheats...no online game can truly be said to be free of those scum sucking morons that like to use methods other than their own skill and gameplay...in my 17 years on the net I've been through most online games, and left most of them because of these useless individuals that want to win so much they have to cheat to do it...personally I don't see the point of it.

And you're right...we DF players WILL probably moan our backsides off about this new game having crap graphics and bad gameplay...but m8...moaning gets things done...if enough people moan to NL then they invariably patch the game to address the issues people are most having gripes about.

I don't diss other peoples games, as I've played most of them...I liked the feel of BF 1942 and the driving/piloting was excellent, yet I returned to Black Hawk Down and DF...why?...Because I know what I like...it's the same for everyone...and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Stumbling along on Freeserve 56k ? NOT FOR SOME TIME NOW!
Old 07-08-2003, 04:18 PM
JèrséÿÐèvíL is offline JèrséÿÐèvíL

Something tells me Team Sabre will be released around the same time as Necrocide now
Old 07-08-2003, 04:33 PM
JèrséÿÐèvíL is offline JèrséÿÐèvíL

If I'm wrong on this someone please tell me. But arent all the things we see in those screenshots basicly what weve been hearing Team Sabre was gonna have?

This reminds me of how the a certain flight sim called IL-2 had an expansion called Forgotten Battles slated then all of a sudden they decided to make it a stand alone product a month or two before release.
After buying FB it was obvious that the same end could have been acheived with a 300-400 MB expansion CD but instead they just bundled IL-2s code with the newer FB code and planes etc... and called it a new game.

Heres my theory:

Nova's been working on Team Sabre and someone said to themselves "hey why are we working so hard on this expansion that were only gonna be able to charge $20-30 for?"
Then he thought "aha!! we can just tell team Team Sabre's been pushed back till next year and that we have something new called hmmm lets see... Joint Operations.We bundle BHD and what weve done for Team Sabre so far and call it a stand alone game!!!"

viola $50 game

So in closing we will never see Team Sabre and Joint operations will be nothing more than what BHD was actually suppossed to be in the first place.
Oh and as for any bugs in BHD getting fixed now... I wouldnt hold my breath

These are just my opinions if you think I'm wrong please say so
Old 07-08-2003, 06:19 PM
FUBAR~UR is offline FUBAR~UR

Jersey is right on!

Cheaters are SPINELESS, If you CHEAT You SUCK!
Closed Thread