Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:12 PM
termcool is offline termcool

Delta Force 2 Extreme - server question.

Hello,

I am wondering whether it is possible to run dfx2.exe as server without having compatible video card ?

I've tried creating shortcut to dfx2.exe and then editing the shortcut to look like this:

C:\df2x\dfx2.exe /serveronly

but after running - nothing happens, no error, nothing in logs - it just doesn't run.

Then i tried:

C:\df2x\dfx2.exe /serveronly /w

/w - for windowed mode - but then it says i don't have compatible video card, therefore i can't continue.

Then i found this: http://novalogic.com/kb_article.asp?ID=435
it says that the game still require compatible 3d card, even when running with /serveonly switch - but i'm not sure if this is also in regard to dfx2 game.

So, can someone confirm whether compatible 3d video card is required, even when i want just to run the game as dedicated server ?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

C:\df2x\dfx2.exe /serveronly is incorrect in 2 ways

you need to enclose the command like this "C:\dfx2\dfx2.exe" /serveonly

it is not server only /serveronly No

it is serve only with no extra letter r just one r IE.... /serveonly Yes

/serveonly

This command enables it to run on a server without a regular graphics card
Old 08-18-2013, 05:08 AM

Here is what the game.cfg file should look like with no detection enabled by the /serveonly command.

// game.cfg
//

// GENERAL
version = 29

// DISPLAY
windowed = 0
hw3d_deviceno = 0
hw3d_name = ""
hw3d_guid = ""
video_res = 0
gamma = 1.0
terrain_polydetail = 0
terrain_texdetail = 0
object_polydetail = 0
object_texdetail = 0
display_16x9 = 0
water_quality = 1
shadow_quality = 0
particle_density = 0
antialias_mode = 0
texfilter_level = 0
fbeffects_level = 0
shader_usage_level = 0
texcompression_level = 0
lock_framerate = 1
force_vsync = 0
reduce_mouselag = 1
enable_keyboardtips = 1
enable_gameplaytips = 1
Old 08-20-2013, 10:52 AM

i know that it is SERVEONLY, i did typo here, on forum but i already tried /serveonly

I have also tried it that way: "C:\df2x\dfx2.exe" /serveronly

Stuff that you are saying is irrevelant since you're catching on details that doesn't have any matter.

game.cfg is already like you posted so these are _default_ settings.

Please see screnshots attached.

So the primary question remains open: Can i run DFX2 server using /serveonly switch - without having compatible 3D video card?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:10 PM

Problem is 100% your side, not the game...sry
Old 08-20-2013, 02:25 PM

BTW what I said before has been good enough for thousands of users over the years.

You have left out a lot of info in your Q...like

OS

Compatibility Settings if any

User Configuration

Network Configuration

RAM, CPU and GPU specs

Main-board Controller Generation

Server configuration

Describing someones attempt at helping you as irrelevant isn't very nice either and doesn't help your chances very much.

There's an FAQ here on NHQ and Tutorials on the Net on how to run a server.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:17 AM

I'm sorry but you're acting childish.

" Problem is 100% your side, not the game...sry" - prove it. 100% ?
Man, you don't even know when one doesn't need to use quotes on the shortcut when using additional command parameters and you are 100% sure about something? you can be sure about your frustration only.

" Describing someones attempt at helping you as irrelevant isn't very nice either and doesn't help your chances very much."

Read above. It is irrelevant when the question is: DOES THE GAME CAN ACT AS DEDICATED SERVER WITH /serveonly SWITCH WITHOUT HAVING COMPATIBLE VIDEO CARD - and then you start talking about quotes in shortcut without knowing the simple fact that quotes doesn't matter if path or name of the executable does not contain whitespaces? is that _relevant?

Then you pasted part of game.cfg - i understand if you would paste some modified configuration but no - what you pasted is _default_ configuration that is already there after DFX2 finishes installation. Again - is that relevant ?

and then you say:
"This command enables it to run on a server without a regular graphics card"

Please provide me a link with official response that confirms your claim, if you are not able - then you cannot be correct because facts for now are saying that it will NOT work without compatible 3D video card.

I suggest to stop messing around your ego and simply wait for official reply from NOVAHQ.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:27 PM

Sure about the 8.1 naming rules? OK then.

You are the Rep from Game Company INXG aren't you?

So may I ask why you do not know the answer to this?

I'm a fair person so I will help even after your stuff up there.

So, If you go to Thors Thunder and register (for free) they will help you as they do everyone and they manage a wide network of Nova servers and other games as well as running stats and control panels.

They are my friends...they run 2 servers for me
=TMW=ThorsThunder=TMW= TDM and =TMW=ThorsThunder=TMW= DM for free as friend and =TMW= member.

And I run [GSP]

Good luck.

Q. Problem?

A. Between chair and keyboard. Usually 100% like you said.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:29 PM

More answers to confirm that /serveonly definitely works

http://www.novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40917

And Here

http://www.dfreload.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1508

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesystemrequirements.com

DFX2
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

CPU: Pentium 4 Minimum CPU Required

RAM: 1 GB or greater required

DX: DirectX 9.0c or greater required

http://gamesystemrequirements.com/

Internet connection recommended

for server hosting

Old 08-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Swifty Helen is offline Swifty Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by termcool View Post
I'm sorry but you're acting childish.

" Problem is 100% your side, not the game...sry" - prove it. 100% ?
Man, you don't even know when one doesn't need to use quotes on the shortcut when using additional command parameters and you are 100% sure about something? you can be sure about your frustration only.

" Describing someones attempt at helping you as irrelevant isn't very nice either and doesn't help your chances very much."

Read above. It is irrelevant when the question is: DOES THE GAME CAN ACT AS DEDICATED SERVER WITH /serveonly SWITCH WITHOUT HAVING COMPATIBLE VIDEO CARD - and then you start talking about quotes in shortcut without knowing the simple fact that quotes doesn't matter if path or name of the executable does not contain whitespaces? is that _relevant?

Then you pasted part of game.cfg - i understand if you would paste some modified configuration but no - what you pasted is _default_ configuration that is already there after DFX2 finishes installation. Again - is that relevant ?

and then you say:
"This command enables it to run on a server without a regular graphics card"

Please provide me a link with official response that confirms your claim, if you are not able - then you cannot be correct because facts for now are saying that it will NOT work without compatible 3D video card.

I suggest to stop messing around your ego and simply wait for official reply from NOVAHQ.
just because stompem put some quotes and you don't know how either? How rude you are.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:22 AM

stompem, i am trying to help you, not the opposite way. we don't host dfx2 servers but we want to make an exception for you.
also the fact that i'm working for GSP doesn't mean i have to know absolutely everything regarding any and all games.

I've ran dfx2 on my home desktop where i have compatible 3d vid card and it worked with the /serveonly switch, then i ran the same game on remote machine without 3d card on it and it fails, on 2 differend machines without 3d vid card, then i tried on my daughter's pc where 3d vid card is present and it works.

I believe it will not work without compatible 3d vid card but if you seen someone that runs dfx2 dedicated server on machine without 3d vid card - please let me know, otherwise i'm wondering why there is no official reply from NOVAHQ, perhaps you can open customer ticket with them as you bought their product ?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:46 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Sorry termcool but NOVAHQ is a community based around Novalogic games but we're not part of Novalogic

And sorry, don't have a definite answer but it looks indeed as it won't run without a GC

My photography website