Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:04 PM
peregrine falcon is offline peregrine falcon

spawn armor and spawn armor myths

I want to put some of the myths about spawn armor to rest, and to once and for all end the debate about spawn/med armor time.

I tested this by setting up a server on my computer ALT TAB out start another game and join server on same computer thus giving me a 1MS ping time hence no argument about lag. I used a stop watch to accurately measure time making sure to press space bar and timer button at same time. I set up enemy AI to kill players. First both players on blue team(to test MED armor) then one on blue and one on red(to test flag saving and PSP tagging takeover)

Spawn armor lasts 10 seconds, and med armor lasts 5 seconds maybe give or take a few hundredths of a second.(I used to think it lasted 8-9 seconds and 4-5 seconds respectfully)

Myth 1 MED armor lasts longer the longer you wait before respawning. BUSTED It lasts 5 seconds regardless of how long you wait. Tested I waited 30 seconds 1,2 and 3 minutes before respawning every time MED armor lasted 5 seconds.

Myth 2 saving flags loses spawn armor BUSTED

Myth 3 Tagging PSP for takeover loses spawn armor BUSTED

Myth 3 entering TKOTH center loses spawn armor. BUSTED

Myth 4 the IS DEAD message is the result of lag etc. BUSTED It is generally the result of dieing by nade or other explosion(mostly 203s rarely clays) while having spawn armor.

Myth 5 Clays will kill those with spawn armor. BUSTED most of the time you can run through as many CLAYS as the time you have spawn armor.

Myth 6 reloading causes you to lose spawn armor BUSTED Answer is SPAWN armor yes(simply because you have to fire losing spawn armor before you can reload), but reloading from a power up no you don't lose it. MED armor no. You can even actually press fire button while reloading and not lose MED armor

There are 3 ways to lose spawn/med armor

1. time runs out

2. Pressing fire button for anything(KNIFE NADE, FIRE WEAPON MEDDING ETC)

3. Picking up a flag

NOTE: In DFLW you cant pick up flag with spawn armor you actually have to lose it by spawn armor time running out or pressing fire button before you can pick it up.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
+ rep, great post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:10 AM
JulietteKlonk is offline JulietteKlonk

I don’t usually reply to posts but I will in this case. Thank you for the great post.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Nobody loves me

nice +1 invisible rep from me good job