Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

NL answered a few questions

We sent a few questions to some of the good people at Novalogic and got this back, its a bit disjointed, because it wasnt an interview as such but rather a few questions.

1. What should the community expect from DFX?
The Community can expect a fast paced first person shooter that caters to multiple play styles. Tactical, and deliberate long range battles and heart pounding fast paced close quarters battle. In addition to that they will have the option, in selected maps, to pilot and drive a number of vehicles. It's truly a game that all players can enjoy!

2. What was the reasoning behind the $20 price tag? Why not charge the normal game price?

There were two goals with the $20.00 price point.

The first was to reach out to new players and mass market consumers who may not be familiar with the Delta Force and NovaLogic brands.

The second was to get the community excited about the old school style of the original Delta Force, including the off set scope and game play style. The game returns back to the days when Delta Force was more run and gun. The $20.00 price point was to make the product even more attractive.

What we have delivered is a product between the single player missions and the multiplayer game that over delivers on what consumers would expect from a $20.00 title.

3. Who determins the release date for NL games outside the US?

Each territory sets a ship date based on several criteria including, market conditions, holidays or specific times of year in a market place and the completion of language localization for a title, just to name a few. The goal is to have a same ship date/week in every territory where possible.

4. Will DFX have more of a single player emphasis or a multiplayer emphasis? What is the reason behind that decision?

We decided to focus equally on Multiplayer and Single player. The original DF had strong emphasis in both realms as did BHD. Furthermore there is a large contingent of people who buy games to play single player missions and rarely make their way online. As such, we wanted our product to have the broadest popular appeal and so we incorporated
strong single player and multiplayer elements.

5. I get the impression that DFX is more a tie-over game until the next major game release, what can you tell us about the next game?

As I'm sure you are aware, we can't get into talking about things in development. However, I have seen and heard some stuff that tells me the next release will be awesome.

6. Can we expect to see a game based on the current situation in Iraq anytime soon?

We have many ideas in the pipe line right now and as everyone know we make military FPS. So I don't think it's unreasonable for us to go in that direction, but we really can't divulge that type of information at
this time. As soon as we can let people know more about future releases we will.

7. Novalogic are well known for their PC games, but have also done work with the private sector with companies like Skirosky and Lockheed Martin, what services can Novalogic offer to the private sector and what % of work by Novalogic is for stuff other than PC games?

We are a game company first and foremost. While we may venture into other directions from time to time, our priority is always geared towards making video games.

8. Will NovaLogic continue to create a Joint Operations Series as they did with Delta Force? If so, what will NovaLogic continue to do for the loyal Delta Force fans. Is there still a future for Delta Force?

Delta Force has been our best selling brand. We have no intention of dropping the Delta Force series. You can expect to see different types of community support for both series in the coming months. Keep your eyes on the boards in the next few days and you will see what I mean.

9. Will novalogic ever make a game more like Delta Force 1, or even Delta force land warrior? Where the graphics aren't the main focus of
the game?

Graphics will always continue to evolve. However, our main focus when creating a game is gameplay and the fun factor. Graphics go hand in hand with this. There is no reason to make a game that does not have better graphics than the last game. To do otherwise would be akin to using a Pentium 1 with 32 megs of RAM when you could have a Pentium 4
with 1.5 gigs or RAM.

There is always an interest in retro games, but what keeps that interest alive is the fact that people are playing the original. What makes remakes cool is taking the fun parts out of the old version and using
bigger and better technology to enhance the old experience.

10. Are you sick of the community and there reaction with cheaters? I know it ruins a game, but every game has them. Are you, as a company
sick of hearing about it?

Cheaters are not good for business and they are not good for the well being of the community. As such we strive to counter cheaters and their devious ways. Complaining about cheaters allows people to vent. As far as solving problems, what is much more effective for us in combating cheaters is when players simply report them and leave it at that. In our experience, half of the joy that cheaters have in the community comes from listening to people complain about them. Therefore if people simply reported them and did not complain, it would take a lot of the
enjoyment out of cheating for the cheaters. People have the right to complain, but they should know that sometime it makes it worse.

11. Do any novalogic employees visit a site like novahq.net and participate in the community like they are not a novalogic employee?
What do you think about fan sites?

There are several employees that have accounts on many different fan sites including novahq.net. We find that it is incredibly helpful to come and visit all of our fan sites because it allows us to see another
perspective from the gamers.

Fan sites are great and you guys do a wonderful job on them.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. What's a usual day's schedule like?

I'm much like you guys. I love video games, movies, good food and great experiences. I love my job and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I get to work at 9:00am after driving an hour through traffic. It's not that bad because I am lucky enough to drive up the coast and see the ocean 100 yards away from my car. Work is officially over at 6:00pm but more often than not we continue to work for a 2 or more hours. During crunch time, we have been known to be in the office throughout the entire night, weekends, and holidays. It is not an easy task to get a game out, but getting games out is what we do. The actual work day is spent in meetings, discussing features, bugs, design problems, cheaters, and the community. We are also generally working on multiple projects at any given time so we spend portions of our day dealing with those other products as well as our current in house product. In the end
there is a ton of work to do, but we do our best to get it all done.

13. Some personal message you want to convey to the community?

Keep a look out in the near future. We are coming up with some outstanding ideas to restructure the community that is going to blow you guys away. I know it's been a tough few months, but the changes we are going to make are going to be well worth it.

Just know that we are always thinking about the community. Even though we don't always post something right away we know you are there and we
know you posted it. We read almost everything that you guys send us. Keep sticking by us and thank you for being loyal fans.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Thanks Mike. My question was answered.

Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
8. Will NovaLogic continue to create a Joint Operations Series as they did with Delta Force? If so, what will NovaLogic continue to do for the loyal Delta Force fans. Is there still a future for Delta Force?

Delta Force has been our best selling brand. We have no intention of dropping the Delta Force series. You can expect to see different types of community support for both series in the coming months. Keep your eyes on the boards in the next few days and you will see what I mean.
-------------------------------------------

Everybody head to www.novaworld.com and keep your eyes on the boards.

-Trojan

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••

Last edited by Trojan; 04-22-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
woow that was good to know.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-23-2005, 05:21 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

Old 04-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Trigger is offline Trigger

Send a message via ICQ to Trigger
Good Job boys
great questions answer. We are witnessing nova turn a new leaf. Good riddance to the old nova
Old 04-25-2005, 12:38 PM
divine is offline divine

Nova

No punkbusters, no cheat blocker, no anti cheat program, another piece of junk from Nova do not buy it u will be sorry it will be over ran with cheaters in 2 weeks, what a crock to steal
20.00 from all of you...Seems to me they dont care about cheaters eating up thier glitchy games....

sorry to be so negative...they even know about these so called elite squads that cheat and do nothing about it.

I cant wait till they go out of business.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Guns4hire is offline Guns4hire

Send a message via Yahoo to Guns4hire
Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
Thanks Mike. My question was answered.

-------------------------------------------

Everybody head to www.novaworld.com and keep your eyes on the boards.

-Trojan
yaaa that qestion ive ask on nova forums and the staff hasvnt repalyed yet , but now some 1 asnwered it clear and im glad they said it wil ever end
Old 04-25-2005, 01:36 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
That's cool
Old 04-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Quote:
I'm much like you guys. I love video games, movies, good food and great experiences. I love my job and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
GASP!!! Nova employees are humans too! I would have never thought that..

Great questions and answers. Hopefully it's not just smoke blowing and Nova is actually turning a new leaf.

And really, it's not the cheating that bothers me. It's the sub-par gaming experience that does.