Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

Confused How do I...?

I dont get it! how do i edit/make new maps?! i mean is it because i got the downloadable version (from gamestop) which probably doesnt come with everything the disc does or what? do i have to download a thing that lets me make/edit maps? another question: how do i make mods, i've been asking people this for 2 years now and no one answered. do i have to download something that lets me make mods or what? one more thing, is making mods really hard to do? it seems like it is, but i wanna know for sure! is there any free file unzipping programs out there? so i can download maps from this site.

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010

Last edited by RedrumSalad; 08-04-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
The mission editor comes with the game, assuming you made a complete installation. in your start menu, go to the novalogic folder and then to the corresponding game, there should be a mission editor, sometimes called the med. If you talking about Joint op then you have to download NILE mission editor or the MED mission editor from a community website.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

Well, I DOWNLOADED the game, from gamestop, so there isnt a navologic folder, there's just a Delta Force - Black Hawk Down folder, and it doesn't have the MED thing.

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

ok, nvm, i explored a little and found the med thing, but what about the mods?

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
The mod tool kits should be somewhere on novahq's downloads.

to make models work, you need a 3d-studio max of atleast version 3 I think.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 08-05-2008, 01:09 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

yea, i found that out my self, i just forgot to post it on here. but how do i download new mods and get to play them, i mean, that drivable vehicles mod won't work for some reason, i mean, i can download it but i cant play it because single player and multiplayer are gray, which means i cant play them at all, so can anyone help me with that problem?

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Is your CD in the drive? Did you run the drivable vehicle mod by its shortcut?
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Temp is offline Temp

His bad downloaded an novalogic game ! ! damn you ! support novalogic by buying it for 10 bucks !
Old 08-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
gamestop.com isn't a pirate website....
Old 08-06-2008, 12:26 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

and that custom weapons thing doesnt work either, it says in the install instructions to change the target line to just add /d/s after the last " to make it work, and i tried to do it, but when i pressed "ok" it said that it isn't a specified file, anyone know how to fix that?

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-06-2008, 02:10 PM

The /d command is the developer mode - you only use that if there's items in your core BHD folder like skins, etc. The /s command is to save .txt scores after each match.

And it doesn't go like "/d/s" - it goes like "/d /s", just incase you did do it like that.

In your BHD folder, there might be a folder called "mod", with the drivable vehicles mod .pff in. If that's the case, then add to the end of your line "/mod test".

For example, in the mod folder I had a .pff file called "chris101.pff". My target line would be:

"C:\Games\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\dfbhd.exe" /mod chris101
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

ok, thnx, ill try that..................what about the custom weapons mod though?

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-06-2008, 03:49 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

oh, nvm

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-06-2008, 03:50 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

but how do i open up/forward firewall ports? i just found out that i need to open/forward port 17480 for it to work. how do i?

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-06-2008, 03:58 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

hey chrispy, can u type that again, except with out the " unless its part of the target line, like type the whole thing the way it should be to make the custom weapons mod work, cuz i got confused there

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

and what's the name for port 17480? i found out how to open/forward the ports, but i need the name to it...help!

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 PM

Well I've no idea what the "custom weapons mod" is. All you have to find out is where the .pff is. If the .pff is called "mod.pff" in a folder called "mod", then you add to the end of the target line after the " /mod mod...

It's common sense really...

folder pffname

folder is the folder...
pffname is the .pff name.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
got to love the new people coming in to the light lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-07-2008, 12:13 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

well, i know where the .pff is, i installed the mod, and i can open it using the shortcut,and at the main menu single player and multiplayer are gray, and in the instructions, it said that i needed to open/forward port 17480 for the multiplayer to work, i just need to know what to name it so i can! i tried the help and support center and did what they said, but it still didn't work, i need to know exactly what to name it, i tried Multiplayer, and even File Sharing: 455, which is what it said, but it didn't work! so plz, if u know, tell me what to name it!

R.I.P Murphy
Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 PM

You said the single player and multiplayer is greyed out, right? How can forwarding ports enable multiplayer, exactly?

And why do you need to give it a name? Are you trying to forward ports in your router config?