Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 10-15-2004, 01:54 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigworm
it was probably a different insomia, but he was good.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 10-15-2004, 02:07 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
yeah bastardo, i see where u are coming from, I wouldn't like another clan having the same squad name as us. But there are more Team Frictions out there and you can't really go to every website and ask them to change there team name b/c yall have the same name. We are a counter strike clan. We have absolutly nothing to do with NW. We dont plan to go to any NW games. We have a irc channel. We cannot change the name. We just have got a website, and we will have to redo the whole website b/c we have the same clan name as someone else. I dont see the big deal of having the same clan name. I did not know about Team Friction for jo & bhd or other wise i would of gotten another name. I don't know why this is such a big deal either. Unless we find another Team Friction for cs, we are not going to change our name. I mean our tags are not even the same. Yours is F* and ours is tf|. I dont think we will be having a match with you anyways.

Quote:
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 10-15-2004, 10:03 PM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

Listen M8,

I have spent over 4 years biulding up the good reputation of "Team Friction"......It's taken a **** load of hard work at times & Ive put some major effort into it.......I can't believe you have NEVER come across our name before......I mean you even spend a lot of time in these forums where there are numerous registered ORIGINAL team friction members..... more than one with the wording "Team Friction" or "Friction" under their sigs ffs

Quote:
Originally posted by insomnia
... But there are more Team Frictions out there .........
Ok then You find me them....post their URLs here......Like I said the paintball team site isnt up now and any reference to Delta Force, Task FOrce Dagger, BHD, JO & even BF1942 I reckon will be a 99% certainty to refer back to MY squad

I do not plan to & never have "gone to every website" etc m8.
BUT you are just starting out &, as such it would not be any great loss for you to pick an original name.

Sorry m8 but I have asked out of courtesy & decency that you reconsider BEFORE you get your squad in full swing - Ive sent some very polite PMs and, in general I think Ive been pretty damn good about it.......(a damn site better than most squads would be)

If you can't be decent enough to pcik your own damn name then Im gonna have to tell I think it's well out of order.
Basically stealing the name from awell established, respected squad that has been playing online games for a number of years.

I really don't want to start a flame war, it's not my style & I can do without the crap but I just wanted to make my feelings known because I dont think its right that you start an online gaming squad with EXACTLY the same name as ours. - I know damn well the rest of my squad won't be over impressed with the possibility of all of their hard work, decent attitudes, morals, standards and reputations being associated with a new squad that some people in the community will just automatically presume is the same squad...........
Well, you would wouldn't you it's the same damn name lmao.

I've tried to ask you nicely to do the right thing before you become establised and get your new squad off the ground.......... Im just letting you know that I think you should use your imagination to think of your own squad name.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:45 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
Yeah np m8, Like I said, we will look for a new name, but if we don't find one that our whole team agrees on we will be sticking with Team friction. Whats the big deal? We are a good clan and a respected one, so are you. Either way, neither squad will hurt the others reputation. Seriously, I see no big deal. Maybe its because im on the other end of your situation, but i dunno.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:45 AM
teej is offline teej

alright bro I understand where ur coming from. We will change. I do understand how much work it takes to make a clan.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2004, 03:55 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Quote:
Originally posted by EL_BASTARDO
I have spent over 4 years biulding up the good reputation of "Team Friction"
Im going to sound like a right brown nosing chump here but I am in the mood to tell people when they are doing something right.
Team Friction has indeed been a success story and it has to be said against the grain of what I thought was best for it at one time.
I have had associations with the squad for as long as it has existed (and a long time prior) and I have seen it fold into itself a few times only to come out stronger everytime.
High ambition at one time seemed unattainable to me and yet I have been proven as wrong as I think its possible to be.
When I look at the match stats of Team Friction and the respect it is gaining amongst players that have been famous for years in this community I am fairly impressed to say the least.
From some of the key Team Friction talent of history there has been formed a Battlefield clan that is proving pretty hard to beat and is an extremley impressive achievement in its own right, Imperial War Machine http://www.iwmclan.co.uk

If TF:CS can come close to what the boys I have been playing games with for the past 4 years have achieved then you can look forward to a bright and great (if tough) future of fun and competition.

Im also very impressed with the way this debate has been played out over the last 24 hours.

Well done every one. Have a banana.
</licking>

Old 10-16-2004, 05:52 AM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

lol thank you for that Zz

Thanks Insomnia for agreeing to find a new name too , appreciate that.......
Ive seen your posts in here over time & got the impression u were a decent kinda guy & it's good to see you have listened to & appreciated our points of view.
Respect you for that & wish your Squad all the best in setting up & success & a long future for the squad ..........

Let me know what name you decide on & I'll drop by your forums & talk a load of cobblers with u all

(Oh, & clear out your PM inbox & outbox on these forums, I can't send any PMs cos it's full lol)
Old 10-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Bigworm is offline Bigworm

Send a message via AIM to Bigworm
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigworm
it was probably a different insomia, but he was good.

I am 47% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?