Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 07-20-2022, 10:56 AM
SUICIDESQUAD is offline SUICIDESQUAD

Sad I'm quitting uploading maps ;(

I'm quitting uploading maps because it's getting boring and very tiring cause the map takes like 2 or 3 hours to make and even that we have to run dfx2 in background so we can check if we did any mistakes or not so it takes so much time but if you guys want a word document of full tutorial how to make dfx2 maps I'll make it. And if a good mod comes arround I'll make a map on it.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:54 PM
Baldo_the_Don is online now Baldo_the_Don

"the map takes like 2 or 3 hours to make"

WHAT?!

I've been putting together a test range for the SFOD mod, it has four dozen items and a dozen events. I've sunk at least six work-hours into already, and maybe four of those hours were actual progress and not me just fooling around.

You can make a playable MP map, ready for testing, between breakfast and lunch?

You make that tutorial a .txt or a .pdf, then I would love to look at it.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:02 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
"the map takes like 2 or 3 hours to make"

WHAT?!

I've been putting together a test range for the SFOD mod, it has four dozen items and a dozen events. I've sunk at least six work-hours into already, and maybe four of those hours were actual progress and not me just fooling around.

You can make a playable MP map, ready for testing, between breakfast and lunch?

You make that tutorial a .txt or a .pdf, then I would love to look at it.

Can confirm, if you're proficient with the MED you can do this. Usually though, I spend several hours simply creating the environment (buildings, decor, trees...etc). But, I tend to spend a lot of time on visual details. Once that's in place, I'll work on bots, MED events, and WAC scripts. I used to spend like a week on one map. But they usually had a lot of content as well as events and such. gets pretty chaotic. Now days I could probably do them much faster.

SuicideSquad, I'm currently making a Mod for Joint Ops. Could really use some simple but fun co-op maps. Maps similar to the stock Co-op maps would be cool. If you're looking for something to do. Any map made with stock items will work in the mod, so your don't need the mod itself.
Old 07-22-2022, 08:00 AM
SUICIDESQUAD is offline SUICIDESQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarmike247 View Post
Can confirm, if you're proficient with the MED you can do this. Usually though, I spend several hours simply creating the environment (buildings, decor, trees...etc). But, I tend to spend a lot of time on visual details. Once that's in place, I'll work on bots, MED events, and WAC scripts. I used to spend like a week on one map. But they usually had a lot of content as well as events and such. gets pretty chaotic. Now days I could probably do them much faster.

SuicideSquad, I'm currently making a Mod for Joint Ops. Could really use some simple but fun co-op maps. Maps similar to the stock Co-op maps would be cool. If you're looking for something to do. Any map made with stock items will work in the mod, so your don't need the mod itself.
how can you make a mod?
i dont see any options