Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:29 PM
yoeri is offline yoeri

lagging

Help,

I have a new PC and when I play Black Hawk down - multiplayer it appears the game is lagging, ie the movements lag behind the commands.

Any idea what causes this.

My pC specs:

Dell, 3Ghz, 160 gb, 256 cache, 512Mb

Yoeri
Old 12-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Ahh... that's natural.

Just go to a server closest to your location. What connection do you have by the way?

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-23-2006, 04:13 PM
yoeri is offline yoeri

hee,

i have an ADSL connection, but i dont think its that problem..because my friend in that lives in the same street as me with also ADSL connection doesnt lagg, actually he is very fast! but i dont think its my internet connection because thats very well (I tested) do you know what it can be? so my friend plays in the same server, lives in the same street and has the same connection? but whats wrong:O?

Thank you

Yoeri
Old 12-23-2006, 05:07 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
What your describing sounds more like screen lag... Does it happen when you play in single player mode?

If so,

What kind of video card do you have?

More ram wouldn't hurt.. I'm assuming you have windows XP which will take at least 128mb right off the bat, plus any other software and processes you have running, you may be getting low on ram.

Also if you have any programs hogging the cpu that will slow it down. Right click the windows taskbar and click "Task Manager". Go to the processes tab and see if any process is using the cpu all the time (except for system idle process)

If it is internet lag, you have any downloads running?

IcI
Old 12-25-2006, 04:19 PM
yoeri is offline yoeri

No m8, i dont have downloads running. But look: Im on the same server as my friend, and we live in the same street. the requirements of the game are not that high, im far over it also i have got 502MB RAM and a Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 Videocard. I dont run downloads when i play the game actually this computer is just new, so the only thing thats on it, are msn or BHD. This lagg is very irritating, but hard to solve what the problem is. Someone knows or had the same problem??????

Thanks, Yoeri
Old 12-25-2006, 04:23 PM
yoeri is offline yoeri

Quote:
Originally posted by yoeri
No m8, i dont have downloads running. But look: Im on the same server as my friend, and we live in the same street another problem is that in the BHD options he can change the game modes to HIGH and i can only change them to NORMAL OR LOW. the requirements of the game are not that high, im far over it also i have got 502MB RAM and a Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 Videocard. I dont run downloads when i play the game actually this computer is just new, so the only thing thats on it, are msn or BHD. This lagg is very irritating, but hard to solve what the problem is. Someone knows or had the same problem??????

Thanks, Yoeri
Old 12-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Perry is offline Perry
Banned.

Try running graphics on absolute lowest, see if that helps, if not try a different range of servers, you may have a high ping on one, low on another, just keep playing around until you find one you like and you can play on,

I usually play on ISA or CSA if i am playing on a UK/EU server
Old 12-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by yoeri
No m8, i dont have downloads running. But look: Im on the same server as my friend, and we live in the same street. the requirements of the game are not that high, im far over it also i have got 502MB RAM and a Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 Videocard. I dont run downloads when i play the game actually this computer is just new, so the only thing thats on it, are msn or BHD. This lagg is very irritating, but hard to solve what the problem is. Someone knows or had the same problem??????

Thanks, Yoeri
thats you trouble right there
*Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 Videocard
(not a video card it a chip on the mother broad)

its only a video chip on the mother broad you need a video card on your system on the mother broad so it runs faster and better.

if it a new system on the market most likely its a PCIe 16x type of video card you need to buy for it.

you getting video lag (screen lag)

go out buy a video card for it.

can't say 100% what your mother broad need to use for a video card type.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I was gonna say that Chief lol. ^^

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black