Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Your "All Time" List :: Movies

What are your all-time favourite movies?
Please don't just list, include a short description why. It'll just be another spam topic if you don't describe.

1) Saving Private Ryan
Great plot, great actors and very good coordination by Spielberg. Has to be Steven's best.

2) Tears of the Sun
A bit gory, lots of action and still has a great storyline/message! I'm thinking of having Bruce Willis father my children.

3) Pay it forward
Helen Hunt, not your average drunk mother but did well. GREAT message in this movie, if you havent seen it you HAVE to GO RENT IT.

4) The rest of the movies in my DVD collection: BHD, Man on Fire, Basic, SWAT, Without a paddle, American Pie 1 / 2 & Wedding, 40 year old virgin, Windtalkers, Anchorman, Napoleon dynamite, Euro Trip, Road Trip, Friday Night Lights, plus a few i can't remember.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Terry is offline Terry

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
Great film. As you've said jeff, great plot, great actors and definately one of spielberg's best!! Really gives you a deep feeling too this film!

GLADIATOR
Really well made. Russell crow is brilliant in this film, a great story and very well put together.

DIE HARD 1, 2 & 3
Hey, bruce willis rules!! Always loved the die hard's!!

MY DVD COLLECTION (most of it)
Dude wheres my car, freddy got fingered, bruce almighty, wedding crashers, friday, next friday, rush hour 1 & 2, blue streak, black hawk down, van helsing, layer cake, pitch black, the football factory, the matrix, gone in 60 seconds, xXx, 8 mile, the one, platoon, saving private ryan, full metal jacket, a man apart, assault on precinct 13, fast and the furious 1 & 2, gladiator, 51st state, bulletproof monk, die hard 1, 2 & 3, i-robot, bad boys 1 & 2, terminator 1 & 2, ultimate force series 1, 2 & 3, the sopranos series 1, friends series 1-10, star wars episodes 4, 5 & 6

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Chels is offline Chels

1)Stealth
Ok MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME. If you ask anyone in my family the only movie I watch atleast 2 times a day is stealth. It is an amazing movie.

2)Crash
May confuse you at times but if you watch it twice the message is clear. This movie is based on around 3-4 different stories going on at once. Then by the end of the movie the stories have added up into one finale moment where they all collide

3) Pay it forward
Helen Hunt, not your average drunk mother but did well. GREAT message in this movie, if you havent seen it you HAVE to GO RENT IT.(I agree lol)

4) Thin Red Line
I'd say my favorite war movie. Charlie Company trying to take over an Island during WWII

5)The BigBouce
LOL Sara Foster is stunning in this movie...It is funny yet dumb at same time.

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Enemy At The Gates: WW2 Russian side of the story. Sniper action to the Nth level. My Fav.

We Were Soldiers: Vietnam era movie. Excellent acting by Mel Gibson.

Farenhiet 9/11 (yeah yeah I know): One of best documentary movies I've seen since maybe Michael's past one.

The Last Samurai: Japan's historic warriors being destroyed by modern weapons. Tom Cruise

Behind The Hatrade:Mortal Enemies A documentary by Disovery Channel on Sharon and Arafat. Excellent movie if you want know more about these two guys.

DVD Collection: Species 1-3, Find Nemo, Pitch Black, Chronicals Of Riddick, Stealth, XXX State of the Union, Batman Begins, and lost more.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

i liked the notebook?? and pay it forward(really liked that one) as well as others. i cant even think of all in my collection

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
The only thing that is my fault is me not having any faults.
Quote:
My english teacher wanted to flunk me in junior high. Thanks a lot, next semester I'll be 35.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Enemy of the State - I should say that ordinarily i dot like will smith's roles, but they aced this one, brilliant acting by smith, hackman and voight combined with a very very good storyline makes for probably my favourite movie to date. Brilliant direction by Tony Scott

The Negotiator - This is a good solid movie, too many movies in the genre rely heavily on speical effects to make the movie, the negotiator attends to character development and a plot that any movie script writer would be proud to call their own. Samuel Jackson and Spacey work well together with excellent acting by the supporting roles of rifkin, spencer (RIP), morse and walsh...

My DVD collection consists of:
Enemy of the State
Negotiator
The Jackyl
Showtime (best comedy movie ive seen)
Murder by Numbers (Overrated)
The Last Samurai
The Matrix (Legendry)
A Civil Action
Air Force One (A classic)
A Few good men (a classic)
Tears of the Sun (Worst movie ive seen in a long time..)
US Marshalls
The Fugitive
Bowling for Columbine
Family Guy Season 1
Alias Season 1
Alias Season 2
Alias Season 3
Alias Season 4
24 Season 1
24 Season 2
24 Season 3

And some others which i cant think of...

Last edited by Lakie; 06-01-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:26 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

Good post difficult to answer as I've seen so many great movies over the years but I will give it a shot with a sort of current top ten in no particular order rather as they come to mind.

1. Saving Private Ryan. For the wonderful performance of the cast, the wonderful direction of Steven Spielberg and the most mesmerising and horryfying openening sequence showing the terrible casualties on D-Day.

2. The Godfather. For one of the best performances by the late and great Marlon Brando and the superb supporting cast but most of all for the potrayal of the "innocent" member of the Corleone family, Michael by Al Pacino as the corruption of his family affected his life and dragged him into a life of crime.

3. Platoon. Oliver Stones masterpiece reflecting his own experience in the Vietnam war and it's affects on young men against a background of the social changes and revolution of the 1960's. Cannon fodder for a war often regarded as being "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time".

4. Haloween. John Carpenter led the way for all subsequent "slasher" movies with this portrayal of evil that could not be destroyed and the remarkable performance from Donald Pleasance as the very creepy nemesis of the murderous killer he was pursuing.

5. Forest Gump. This movie proved beyond doubt that Tom Hanks is one of the finest actors of his or any other generation with his portrayal of the simpleton who succeeds against all the odds, truly moving, funny and sad all at once.

6. Aliens. The second movie in this series was a much more action packed outing than it's predessesor and was one of the most exciting and scary movies I've ever seen. Sigourney Weaver portrayed a woman torn by nightmares who faces her demons in the guise of one of cinema's most vicious and horrific alien monsters of all time and once again a supporting cast that pulled off a nerve jangling performance as one by one they lost their lives fighting against overwhelming odds.

7. Black Hawk Down. A superb movie showing the bravery of men under fire in a very hostile and unstable country with a relativily young cast who bought to the screen the excitement, the fear and the loss combat brings to men at war. Directed by Ridley Scott this has to be one of the best war movies of all time.

8. Blade Runner. Another Ridley Scott movie that set the scene for all future dark, futuristic and forbidding city scapes and a wonderful performance from Harrison Ford as the reluctant "Blade Runner" of the title persuing gentically enhanced humans who he didn't kill but rather "retired" a euphemism for killing.

9. When Harry Met Sally. A fantastic movie showing the growing relationship between to "friends" who were destined to become lovers and fines performances from Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan as the reluctant pair on a very funny journey of discovery, who can forget the faked orgasm scene?

10. Die Hard. Bruce Willis was never better than in this movie as the New York City cop caught up in a terrorist hi jack involving a high rise building with exciting shoot outs, a hissable villain in the superb Alan Rickman and witty comments between the protagonists as they battle each other. This movie was in my humble opinion the best movie of the 1980's.

As I said there are so many great movies I've seen over the years and I have a collection of DVD's in excess of 200 so there many more I could have mentioned here including the brilliant Band of Brothers t.v. series, Farscape one of the weirdest, funniest and sexist Sfi-Fi series of all time and I could go on and on.....

Warm Regards
Old 01-12-2006, 06:55 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
I like all war movies...

1.) Black Hawk Down - Good killing movie with a great game

2.) Alien vs. Predator - I like it e becoaseu alot of action

3.) Saving Private Ryan - Great action

i forget the rest lol

ShArP

Old 01-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Storm. is offline Storm.

The fast and the furious
I just love them carz. Modding a supra wow dream come true! Been bought up on cars since i was born and like the way the blonde dude gves the keys as a prezzie to Vin
Fast and furious 2
Same really.. but not as good as the 1st one
Terminator 3
Prefer this out of all of the terminator flims so far, best bit is when he says "im back" you know u just been waiting to hear that for like 5hours of films LOL.
Jackass the movie
Not really a film, but it is stated to be 1 in the title lol... Best show ever to hit the T.V though they are crazy bas%$£"s lol

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Terry is offline Terry

Quote:
Originally posted by BX*storm
The fast and the furious
I just love them carz. Modding a supra wow dream come true! Been bought up on cars since i was born and like the way the blonde dude gves the keys as a prezzie to Vin
amen!

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Chels is offline Chels

I love any car / motorcycle movies like fast n furious etc.. also torque wasnt bad

I liked BHD and Pearl Harbor

Also I cant think of movie right now but its a pwnage war movie erm a scene in it i thought was cool was (just incase someone remembers movie name)

They were crossing a road in a town under attack( a group of soldiers) and one get shot but the others were already hiding behind a vehicle...Well a sniper was watching them all waiting for them to go res-q the other. well one guy sees the sniper and takes his gun (no scope) and shoots the sniper...but the bullet went thru the snipers scope into the eye (and they were quite a distance away)

Quote:
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Saving Private Ryan is what you're thinking of Ms.Vixxy.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
For those of you that like cars, bikes and speed with a great story. Check out [Biker Boyz]! I loved it!!

I've too many too list but I will name a few.

The Godfather Trilogy
Star Wars Series
A Witness to the Mob (tv movie)
So many great ones to list.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 01-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Storm. is offline Storm.

Troj.. how can u watch star wars ? i had to sit thru 3 hours of the last 1 they made in the cinema... ma ass was acheing, just felt like walking out.. what a waste of 3 hours lol

England 3 Hungary 1
Old 01-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I was born in 74. There was nothing greater than Star Wars as a child. With you youngens today, you are spoiled with crap! George Lucas is a Genious.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 01-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Chels is offline Chels

Lol Troj, and thank you yes it was saving private ryan lol i loved that movie but wasnt sure if it was private ryan lol

Quote:
i wanna spank Tril.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:20 PM
JonM is offline JonM

My list of movies that made me laugh so much

Anchorman
Dodgeball
Zoolander