Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Wildfire is offline Wildfire

How to convert Team Sabre maps to BHD

I have some maps that I like to run in my server. The only problem is that it's Team Sabre maps. I run a BHD game server without the expansion pack (Team Sabre). I don't know much about map making. Is it easy to convert a Team Sabre map to BHD? How do I convert a map?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
It's possible, but if the map uses lots of Team Sabre assets then you might as well not play it. It depends how many of the TS items it uses.

Can you still run TS maps in your BHD or do you get a crash?
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
as chrispy says there

you have to import terrain and other things from DF: BHD-TS Mod to do that. to many items to ether change the map over and editing item out to not been seen in DFBHD

you could try search online for a brand new DF:BHD-Team Sabre Disc to buy for a really good down right dirt cheap price for it. don't buy use disc the key-code may have been banned then your stuck with it.

can't say how good novaworld or novalogic store be for buying their games and the price be like dirt cheap, they seem in the pass they price them as normal price high and not cheaper as time go by.

but you maybe able to get a free mod that has most of them items in it anyways
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-07-2009, 06:01 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
it is very very simple:

First, make sure you are using a mission editor that only supports BHD objects - I do this by installing BHD again into its own folder and running the mission editor from there.

Second, open up the map in the mission editor. All the TS items will show up on the map with red x's - select and delete all the red x's in the map.

You may also have to pick a different terrain - I have never had a problem with that though.

Export map, map should now run ok in BHD servers.

How ever, you may find that some maps use just too many TS objects, or the whole map is centered around TS objects - maps like these by the time you remove the TS objects may render the map unplayable, or basically empty.

You will just have to deal with each map on a case by case basis.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:15 PM

The reason why I want to convert TS maps to BHD is that only very few gamers playing on TS servers. I used to run a TS server long ago & only very few gamers played in the server. I have several TS maps (small CQB DM maps) that I got from Novahq that I like to use again in my server.

icishoot, I'll try what you said about that mission editor & see if I can convert playable maps. Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited by Wildfire; 08-08-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:23 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
if you don't have the MIS file you will need the bms2mis converter, which is available in the downloads section here.

My squad switched to BHD only over a year ago, server visitors sky rocketed lol
Old 08-08-2009, 01:13 AM

OK, thanks a lot icishot.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:16 PM

I've downloaded the bms to mission file converter, both here & at DF Barracks but I'm unable to run it. I kept getting the message below when I tried to run it. I'm using a PC with Vista 64-bit OS. Tried running the application using Window compatibility mode with Admin rights to no avail.

I'm trying to convert the following maps I downloaded here at Novahq & at DF Barracks:
The Dragons Breath 2, The Dragons Cage 2, The Dragons Cage Chaos, The Dragons CQB 6, The Dragons CQB 7, The Dragons Hangout, The Dragons Hight 5, The Dragons High 6, VampYs Tower & AX Shotgun Arena.

Any help I can get is very much appreciated.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:09 AM

Have you tried downloading the .ocx file from the net and putting it in your system directory? http://majorgeeks.com/faqshow.php?id=8 (Do at your own risk.)

I remembered with FwO Raven's PFF editor I had a .ocx error and I fixed it by manually getting the file off the net.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-10-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Have you tried downloading the .ocx file from the net and putting it in your system directory? http://majorgeeks.com/faqshow.php?id=8 (Do at your own risk.)

I remembered with FwO Raven's PFF editor I had a .ocx error and I fixed it by manually getting the file off the net.
I installed the file above. Still got the same message when I tried to run the bms to mission file converter.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 AM

I could try DLing them and uploading them for you sometime tomorrow or something...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
I could try DLing them and uploading them for you sometime tomorrow or something...
Thanks a lot Chrispy.