Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Shrike is offline Shrike

Send a message via Yahoo to Shrike
Website layout help needed

I am looking for someone that would be willing to make a somewhat basic template layout for a guild I am in.

I am no looking for programming or anything like that. I just need a layout that's real basic and not super advanced. Need something older style type layout really.

If anyone can help, please email me at: robert@knightsmith.com

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:09 AM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
Cardiac

i could prolly help you once i get photoshop workin again.
willing to spend some $?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Shrike is offline Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac View Post
i could prolly help you once i get photoshop workin again.
willing to spend some $?
Sad thing about me and the guild is we are poor but have a great heart.

All is really needed for this site is a ok banner and some graphics that would make a ok looking border for menu catagories that would be on the sides and maybe in the middle. If you think there should be more, then so be it. I am open minded and always looking for ideas and suggestions.

Just so you have a idea as to what the site is and what it's all about, here is the link to it: http://www.HighTimeZ-GamerZ.com

Yes, I know that stuff like this should be paid for, but if you want webhosting for your trouples and recignition, then heck yes that all can be done. I have a dedicated webserver in Chicago and if you got a domain, I can host you with no trouble.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Cardiac

eh, its cool mate. just a suggestion...have you tried checking out clantemplates.com?

they usually have good stuff.

also, are you wanting a design for the e107 you are running? or would an html layout work?
Old 07-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Shrike is offline Shrike

This is the thing I been pondering a lot.

the e107 is already setup and so far it's fine. I don't know how to take graphics and a layout and make a template in a e107 scheme. Sure I found plenty of "How To" guides out there, but I just ain't that good at understanding it all.

It would be great to leave the site as it is and just add another theme. That would be the best thing I could hope for.

Then there is the other aspect. I need a site that is not a fixed size and the graphics are exspandable. Just like how this site is, you can have whatever screen size you want and the site will always take up 100 percent of the window.

I just would like to have our rohan side be more presentable and truly be a rohan inviroment rather it be what it is. I don't want any text on the banner for I can do that with my paintshop, I just can't do the other stuff.

I would love for it to look and feel llike the rohan game itself and how there menu's and catagories look. You can see plenty of those screen shots at the rohan game website: http://www.playrohan.com

Overall, the best website layout I could over dream of having would be one that has a background that is similure to the floors of certain in game towns and have the Navigation menu section or section all mimic what the ingame menu's look like. Last but not least, have a rohan banner similure to the current July calander they have right now or just simply perhaps haveing a nice banner background with all the charactors on it perhaps having a equal amount on the right and left side as so the center can be for my insertion of text I choose.

You mentioned clantemplates. well, yes they do have great stuff there, but unfortunately, none are tailored to rohan and they use phpnuke and other portals that I ain't using.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Cardiac

i know there are sites that make layouts for e107. juss google it.

i would only be able to help with an html layout. however, if you can find an e107 layout you like, i can customize the images for the layout to be more suitable for what you are wanting. be sure that the owner of the layout allows for customization of their layout though. i dont wanna be gettin you or myself into any trouble ;]
Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 AM
Shrike is offline Shrike

ok, I have talked it over with other members and considered a few things.

for all that we are wanting to do with the site and for the pages of information I need to keep on the site and the fact that e107 has some problems with the code that I want to use to illustrate the pages I have, it be best to keep things simple and without a portal system.

Would it be possible for you to make a basic html page? As I mentioned earlier with the things that would be nice to see, could those be done? All I need is the 1 page layout, I can transfer that into Dreamweaver and create a template out of it. I just need the page with graphics that are cut up so I can re-make it.

If you are able to do this, I will want to discuss payment terms other than the fact of getting all recignition for your work naturally.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Cardiac

alright man. gimme a few days and ill come up with a rough concept. before i do that though, i will need you to come up with some ideas for the layout by finding any pics you can or similar layouts for inspiration would be great. just give me some ideas, because i kinda got lost in your ideas you sent before. im a visual person, so gimme somethin to look at.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
please if you wish to pay some one money to do things as in a contract for their artwork with them in written, don't post the money amount in the forum and don't use this site in this manner ok

you can get on any Internet Message service or e-mail each other about the amount you give to them as for payment for their time, but not in the forum ok
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Shrike is offline Shrike

Disregard my request for assistance.

I will leave my site the way it is. Besides, not realy allowed to talk about such things here as the admin pointed out.

So, the quest for a nicer layout ends.

Thanks for what time you did give me.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Wildfire is offline Wildfire

Anyway, if you ever want to change your site's layout, check http://www.nukemods.com. They got lots of themes there. For e107 CMS, check http://www.themebot.com. They have lots of e107 themes for free there.

Last edited by Wildfire; 08-10-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
not saying you can't talk about it!

you can ask for helping hand make it better that is fine.

a lot of people be more then happy to give pointer or do it up for you free of charge!

if you feel you like to pay them for their hard work thats cool, only asking not exchange price for it in the forum is all.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Shrike is offline Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
not saying you can't talk about it!

you can ask for helping hand make it better that is fine.

a lot of people be more then happy to give pointer or do it up for you free of charge!

if you feel you like to pay them for their hard work thats cool, only asking not exchange price for it in the forum is all.
Oups, misunderstood your messege. Sorry and thanks for clarifying. I am simply after a better e107 theme or a total new looking website that is more tailored to YNK's Rohan game rather then what we have now. If that means getting rid of e107 and just using a basic html site, then so be it. I said this earlier, I ain't looking for no programing or nothing big, just a basic 2 nav sides and a center just like I have now. A banner, background, and the graphics that will wrap around the sections. Nothing fancy and nothing major.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Shrike is offline Shrike

Wanted to give you a update.

We had someone in our guild that new something about layouts and such.

He made a nice looking design for us. If you would like to take a look at what he did for us, by all means come and check it out, give us some feed back if you want.

There is a catch, if you want to see the layout, you need to be a registered user at the site. Once registered, just click on the rohan graphic and go to that part of the website.

http://www.hightimez-gamerz.com

That is all.

Thanks

Last edited by Shrike; 09-05-2009 at 01:39 AM. Reason: forgot to add website url to post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
sabirpla is offline sabirpla

Thanks 4 share