Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:02 PM
CE- is offline CE-

DFX2 map editor dont work properly...

I've made a map. Doesn't show the .mis / .bms files in the novalogic DFX2 folder..

Yes I'm on Vista 64bit and Yes ive made hidden files visable in every folder on the computer. But still.. Doesn't show.. I try dragging it from where I open the file up.. It just says the file doesn't exist.. But I can still open it and the map works in the game itself on a hosted server.. What is this bull... Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:12 PM
CE- is offline CE-

Another thing.. I tried running the dfx2 map editor in administrator to see if i can access the files from the open button and drag them to desktop.. But it doesn't display them. but it display them in the open button when i dont run in administrator.. Drag them to desktop it says theres no such file lol.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
A friend of mine has the same problem. it has something to do with VISTA. if you need the files to upload, the only thing I can tell you is save them to new different folder in the MED.

Never made any sense to me why it'll show in other folders but not the directory.

it's becuase of that kind of crap is the reason I stick with good ol' XP. nothin' beats XP.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
CE- is offline CE-

Lol ok m8 ill try that.. Thanks for the feedback. ^^ hopefully it works.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 PM
CE- is offline CE-

Well made a new folder. Saved the map to it and it stills aint showing it in the directory. Shows that i saved it in the open button again. But not when I go to the folder itself.

Only thing it shows is the ones I downloaded from here and imported them into the game to check them out before passing them onto a friend what owns a server.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:26 PM
CE- is offline CE-

change of plan. Figured out the error.. You have to run the map editor in administrator for it to be able to save into the folders directory. If you build the map without running it in administrator you wont be able to access the file to upload / use in servers.

Would there be any way to get the file from map editor what isn't ran into administrator. To map editor what is ran in it to be able to save file so I can access it?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:18 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Also, make sure your permissions for the MED are set for all users in the security tab.