Sigs and Graphics Show off your sigs/graphics or request your own

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 01:42 PM
.ringer. is offline .ringer.

lol, i dont mind battling him...its all good
Old 03-11-2005, 01:58 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

"how many of you can actually say you could beat KILLAR in a GFX battle"

i can take a wallpaper i did not make .... crop it .. put a dot pattern over it, stamp that swirly brush ... and gussian blur a few things too .. wow i must own...

sites i go to...he would be in a **** load of trouble .. guess not here cause hes on the sig team ...

and the first one is clearly a rip also ..
Old 03-11-2005, 02:36 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
No no no no no.

The arguement is that the work that killar ripped is not for public use for manipulation. On his site (http://lothaleng.com) it states the following:

Quote:
Lothaleng.com provides unique desktop wallpapers, with a continually growing gallery. Other images that are not wallpaper-size, are shown purely for inspiration and interest purposes. With the exception of desktop decoration, no images from this site are to be used anywhere or in any way without consent.
The only way he allows his work to be used is as a desktop wallpaper or decoration. No where on his site does it say that "my work is free for public use or manipulation" meaning that his work is strickly not for public use. No matter what way you look at it, it's still ripping and what killar has done, it's wrong.

On the other hand, Dafont fonts are FREE for PUBLIC use. So no bone, it's not ripping. This is the copyright from Dafont.com:

Quote:
The fonts presented on this website are their authors' property, and are either freeware, shareware, demo versions or public domain, most of the time for non-commercial use. Look at the readme-files in the archives or check the indicated authors' website for details, and contact him if in doubt.
Each font may be removed from this website on request of the author.
DaFont is declared at the CNIL - Nr.799082
If you read the first line it states (The fonts presented on this website are their authors' property, and are either freeware, shareware, demo versions or public domain, most of the time for non-commercial use.) it states that the fonts on the site are freeware or shareware meaning that they are FREE for PUBLIC use. Yes, it does say that the fonts, most of the time, are not for commercial use. No one here is using them for any commercial projects.

Yes, killar is a great graphics artist. No, he hasn't been beating too many times in a 1 on 1, head to head graphics battle. But thats because he doesn't hang out at the bigger sites with the better designers. I'd say that if he went over to S-D or NSL, he would be beaten in the first battle he takes. Their are great designers out there that take their work VERY seriously.

Yes, designing is all fun. Until something gets ripped. Ripping work that is not rightfully theirs is a bad thing to do. No, it's not good. Yes, it can ruin your graphics career and even your name in the graphics community. I, myself, do plan on making graphics/web design a career. It doesn't matter if killar never makes a sig again. If lothaleng was to send in a portfolio of his work to a HUGE corporation for a job, and they saw his work somewhere else being used, he could possibly be turned down from the job for his work being used somewhere else. No, he possibly wouldn't be turned down for someone else using his work, it may be because the corporation thinks that he ripped someone elses work. That job could be the biggest job of his life. So yes, in a way, ripping others work goes a looong way down the line.

The point I am trying to make is that when you rip someones work, it doesn't just affect you. It affects the person who made the work and possibly his career.

Killar, your a good guy, I've never seen you ever rip work. But that is clearly a rip anyway anyone looks at it. None of you may believe in the 'non ripping' rule as I do, but jeez, you know it's a rip and it's not right to do.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:43 PM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
no, fonts from dafont are there for public use, just like wallpaper sites, ie game wallpapers, if he put it up for people to put it in sigs..well ther you go
people dont realised, sites like deviant art and that are for public to use.
bye bye

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 03-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Rider is offline Rider

Quote:
Originally posted by EDGE
No no no no no.

The arguement is that the work that killar ripped is not for public use for manipulation. On his site (http://lothaleng.com) it states the following:

The only way he allows his work to be used is as a desktop wallpaper or decoration. No where on his site does it say that "my work is free for public use or manipulation" meaning that his work is strickly not for public use. No matter what way you look at it, it's still ripping and what killar has done, it's wrong.

On the other hand, Dafont fonts are FREE for PUBLIC use. So no bone, it's not ripping. This is the copyright from Dafont.com:

If you read the first line it states (The fonts presented on this website are their authors' property, and are either freeware, shareware, demo versions or public domain, most of the time for non-commercial use.) it states that the fonts on the site are freeware or shareware meaning that they are FREE for PUBLIC use. Yes, it does say that the fonts, most of the time, are not for commercial use. No one here is using them for any commercial projects.

Yes, killar is a great graphics artist. No, he hasn't been beating too many times in a 1 on 1, head to head graphics battle. But thats because he doesn't hang out at the bigger sites with the better designers. I'd say that if he went over to S-D or NSL, he would be beaten in the first battle he takes. Their are great designers out there that take their work VERY seriously.

Yes, designing is all fun. Until something gets ripped. Ripping work that is not rightfully theirs is a bad thing to do. No, it's not good. Yes, it can ruin your graphics career and even your name in the graphics community. I, myself, do plan on making graphics/web design a career. It doesn't matter if killar never makes a sig again. If lothaleng was to send in a portfolio of his work to a HUGE corporation for a job, and they saw his work somewhere else being used, he could possibly be turned down from the job for his work being used somewhere else. No, he possibly wouldn't be turned down for someone else using his work, it may be because the corporation thinks that he ripped someone elses work. That job could be the biggest job of his life. So yes, in a way, ripping others work goes a looong way down the line.

The point I am trying to make is that when you rip someones work, it doesn't just affect you. It affects the person who made the work and possibly his career.

Killar, your a good guy, I've never seen you ever rip work. But that is clearly a rip anyway anyone looks at it. None of you may believe in the 'non ripping' rule as I do, but jeez, you know it's a rip and it's not right to do.
Very well said Edge

as for the most part people who come here arent so called Designers, this is a game forum and most of you are sig makers and beginning designers I mean we all started somewhere but I myself take my designing seriously when it comes to a big piece or a piece I will be printing and for those of you who think using a game wallpapeer or a Dafont is ripping well then basically as i said before, you have no clue what it means to be ripped

I will not post again on this thread because its a never ending story, some other sig maker will say he didnt rip so......*sigh* .......... all I know is killar knew what a rip was and he did it anywayz, so that tells me he's not the designer I thought he was
Old 03-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
I'm curious as to whether or not there's any warez or shared files on y'alls pc's. No, I don't want to know, but think that one over.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Roshi is offline Roshi

now by with out a pic u mean u cant use a c4d render u made? and it must all be photoshop?

----------------------------------------------

[]==[_'_'_'_'_']=----- <^>(O_o)<^>
Old 03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
Cardiac

1st one pwns...
Old 03-11-2005, 03:22 PM
retarfd is offline retarfd

all i was saying in short and to the point is anything with a copyright is not suppose to be changed. but we all do it at some point.theres no end to the possiblitys of them but ripping a sig is different.a ripper uses the whole sig

for example

this sig here has my mark on it and everything even the layout is mine ever though i used a GW render i made it orignal.

if someone was to rip this it would look like this without my mark and same way i had it layed out

if using another image from a wallpaper to make it different in a sig or any other graphics for that instance then it also makes these a rip job

http://www.novahq.net/forum/avatar.p...ine=1095157320
cause the image is from Lead Heavys site and they did not give permission for anyone to use them.

so what i am saying is noone in this thread ripped anybody if it was a rip it would be the same layout as the oringal but the sigs he posted look nothing like that it looks like he did what we all do and used an image.

so i just wondering why all the fuse over something that everyones did since the beginning of sig making?
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

JEALOUS? U SHOULD BE MINES BETTER
Old 03-11-2005, 03:57 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
It is the exact same image. No manipulation or anything. All he did was scale it down to fit better in the canvas, crop it, add some dots, a swirly thing, and text. So yes, it is the original image. Not to be mean or anything, but I don't think you've been around or making graphics long enough to fully understand what a rip is.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Someone took a picture of the Chrysler in your sig, correct? Is it not copyrighted?

I'm not trying to make you or anyone else look bad, but be serious here. We're talking about little pictures for a fan site (don't kid yourself, this and others are fan sites), made amongst ourselves, for our pleasure. No one is making money or recieving any compensation for these pics, except the satisfaction of praise. If someone rips something, then they cannot get that satisfaction because deep down they know they didn't do anything. I think the rest of it is a moot point, and really isn't worth the ether it's traveling over.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Born is offline Born

isnt the short definition for a rip - stealing somebody elses work and claiming it as your own?

----------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by EDGE
wow dude, kids are growing up too fast these days...(damn I sound old... lol)
Old 03-11-2005, 04:04 PM

i been doing graphics for nearly 3 yrs online and doing art for 2 before that.

if his sig is a rip then yours too must be a rip cause all u did was add brushes and ur name to it ?

i know what a rip job is but it seems noone here does.
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

Old 03-11-2005, 04:08 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Yes it is born. Dr. Bullet, the wallpaper in my sig is from Gamewallpapers.com. A FREE wallpaper site for the wallpapers to be used for manipulation.

And Dr. Bullet, you are trying to tell me that people don't get paid for doing graphics work, are you kidding me? People get paid tons if they are a good graphics designer. Rider could make a living off of the work he produces.

Yes, most of the designers out there do this for fun. I also know alot of people and have worked with alot of people that make money off of this. Don't try to tell me that people can't get paid for doing graphics work.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

it's a god damn game wallpaper .. no it's not a rip ... you can do whatever the hell you want with those...your basicly advertising for them ...

taking somes wallpaper that they had to be creative enough to think of and have the skill to do it and says says DO NOT CHANGE IT on the site.. yea . thats a rip ..
Old 03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Okay retarfd, would you like to see the difference in my sig that i created and the sig killar created? Well then, let's see the difference in manipulation and work that has been put into them.

Mine:

Killars:

Gamewallpapers Image:

Lothaleng's Image:

Now, do you see the difference in the time and effort put into mine and the filling and text that was slapped onto killars? Thats what makes his a rip. My image was manipulated. Nowhere on gamewallpapers does it say "The use or reproduction of our wallpapers is not permitted in anyway" like it does at lothaleng.com. So, now do you see?
Old 03-11-2005, 04:15 PM

oh yeah i make 65-80 bucks to make temps for ppl and when i do i have to be carefull not to use any copyrighted material or i can get sued for selling there content as my own.

and GameWallPapers states in there user agreement

that you can not use there content in anyway but the way it is in the wallpaper

also its not a free site you pay 15 bucks a yr to use it.

thats not my point my point is your sig and many others is images just like his with brushes added so to call his sig a rip is to call your own sig a rip if you do not beleive me then read the agreement for yourself

http://www.gamewallpapers.com/register.php

links at bottom of page says Terms Of Service

i am not saying that anybody is a ripper i am just saying theres no sig maker in this world who has not used anothers resource to make his won sig unless you staight out use MS PAINT and we all know how bad that will be LOL.
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

Old 03-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Nowhere on gamewallpapers does it say "The use or reproduction of our wallpapers is not permitted in anyway" like it does at lothaleng.com. So, now do you see? [/B]

yes it does in this paragraph of the user agreement

heres the paragraph

Content On Our Sites
Our sites include a combination of content that we create, that our partners create and that our users create. All materials published on our sites, including, but not limited to, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, sound or video clips and flash animation, are protected by our copyrights or trademarks or those of our partners. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the materials or content or our sites in whole or in part.

You are solely responsible for all materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on our sites ("Your Content"). You certify that you own all intellectual property rights in Your Content. You hereby grant us, our affiliates, and our partners a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute and publish Your Content and subsequent versions of Your Content for the purposes of (i) displaying Your Content on our sites, (ii) distributing Your Content, either electronically or via other media, to users seeking to download or otherwise acquire it, and/or (iii) storing Your Content in a remote database accessible by end users, for a charge. This license shall apply to the distribution and the storage of Your Content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.

We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of the content on our sites. You may not rely on any of this content, including, but not limited to, product reviews, white papers, product descriptions and stock quotes. Without limitation, we are not responsible for postings by users in the user opinion, message board or feedback sections of our sites. Our sites also contain information about products and services offered by third parties, including product specifications, pricing, availability, performance and editorial commentary. You may be exposed to content that you find offensive, indecent, objectionable or that is inaccurate and you bear all risks associated with using that content. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that may, in our sole discretion, violate these Terms or that is otherwise objectionable.

says plain as day not to remove the copyright or manipulate the image in anyway
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

Old 03-11-2005, 04:28 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Ouch... someone needs to kill this thread before something bad happends.

I am using my SUPER ADMIN POWERS to close this thread!!

****Thread Closed*****
Old 03-11-2005, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Ouch... someone needs to kill this thread before something bad happends.

I am using my SUPER ADMIN POWERS to close this thread!!

****Thread Closed*****
like he said!!!! lets all just drop this and move on
asus mobo
Ati 9800XT 256meg

Closed Thread