Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2002, 11:38 AM
White Op. is offline White Op.

Biggrin A Helicopter Problem Solved! For DF2

Hi all,

I make alot of co-operative missions and I came across a problem when making a helicopter follow waypoints. When I placed my waypoints for the helicopter, the helicopter took off straight away (and just hovered there, stopping me from getting in. So I was on a different forum and a couple of guyz said the only thing you can do is to make the helicopter start off in a different place, then fly towards you and land (letting you climb aboard) and if you place an area trigger in the position it lands and set it to 're-direct group to...' it takes off to its next set of waypoints (with you in).
This is ok but I found it a bit unrealistic and a bit daft for the mission i'm currently doing.

So incase you also think it's a bit daft and don't know how to change this then here it is:

Put your helicopter in the position where you want it to start (where YOU climb in) and instead of setting it to the waypoints you want it to follow (by the options menu at the left hand side) leave it as 'none' then set your events to 'when group reaches...' 'set velocity to...' and in that same event also change it to 'redirect group to... (your waypoints)' this will stop the helicopter from taking off at the beginning and just hovering there so that you can jump in, and then it'll take off.

If you don't understand what I mean just tell me and i'll try to be more specific.

White Co. *EF*
*Elite Force*
Email Me