Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Ps3 Uk/european Launch Confirmed For March 23 2007

a week before my birthday guys i'm not too fussed about what games you send with it either

source: http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=264

PS3 to Launch in UK on 23rd March 2007
Over 30 Titles for Launch Period
1 Million units forecast for Initial European Launch Period

London, 24 January 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced that PLAYSTATION®3 will be launched in the PAL territories including the United Kingdom on 23rd March 2007 at a price of £425.

Responding to retail and consumer demand, SCEE confirmed that initially only the 60GB model would be available, with the 20GB model to follow later in the year dependent on demand.

An expected one million PS3 units will be made available during the initial launch period to all SCEE territories.

SCEE also announced a stellar launch line-up of over 30 game titles for PS3, including eagerly awaited titles published by SCEE such as Resistance: Fall of Man™, MotorStorm™, Genji™: Days of the Blade, FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION and Ridge Racer™ 7. An exceptional range of titles in every genre will also be available at launch from the world’s leading third party publishers, including Electronic Arts, Activision, Namco Bandai, Sega, Take 2, Ubisoft, Vivendi Universal, and Sony Online Entertainment.

In addition to games on disc, an exciting range of fully-featured downloadable games
will debut on the PLAYSTATION®Network. These will include gaming icons such as Tekken®: Dark Resurrection and Gran Turismo® HD Concept; the fully-featured PS3 debut of the best-selling franchise Gran Turismo, realised with full HD (1080p) visual quality. Created by Polyphony Digital Inc and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, Gran Turismo® HD Concept has been downloaded by more than 350,000 users since it was released in December 2006 in North America and Japan.

Also available on the PLAYSTATION®Network will be brainteasers such as Go! Sudoku and Go! Puzzle, and innovative games such as Blast Factor™ and flOw™, designed exclusively for PLAYSTATION 3 and delivering on the promise to provide original content created by non-traditional developers and publishers.

Concurrent with the European launch, a new System Update to further enhance the entertainment potential of PS3 will be issued.

Announcing the launch details, Ray Maguire, SVP and MD of SCEUK said, “Following the hugely successful launches of PS3 in Japan and North America, we are absolutely delighted to be able to bring significant numbers of PS3 to the UK. To be able to launch with over 30 titles including retail versions and great downloadable gaming experiences across every genre shows that this is our strongest launch line-up in the history of PlayStation, and is what PlayStation fans in the UK have been crying out for.”

PLAYSTATION 3 LAUNCH TITLE LINE-UP

Resistance: Fall of Man™ - SCEE - Disc
MotorStorm™ - SCEE - Disc
Genji™: Days of the Blade - SCEE - Disc
FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION - SCEE - Disc
Ridge Racer™ 7 - SCEE - Disc
Tekken®: Dark Resurrection - SCEE - Network
Lemmings™ - SCEE - Network
Go! Sudoku - SCEE - Network
Go! Puzzle - SCEE - Network
Blast Factor™ - SCEE - Network
flOw™ - SCEE - Network
Super Rub’a'Dub - SCEE - Network
Call of Duty 3 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Tony Hawk’s Project 8 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Gundam – Target in Sight - Namco Bandai Games - Disc
Full Auto™ 2: Battle Lines - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Sonic the Hedgehog™ - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Virtua Fighter™ 5 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
Virtua Tennis™ 3 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
World Snooker Championship 2007 - Sega®Europe Ltd - Disc
NBA 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
NHL 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWll - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Enchanted Arms - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Def Jam: Icon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Fight Night Round 3 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
NBA Street 4 Homecourt 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
The Godfather: The Don’s Edition - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
F.E.A.R. Vivendi - Universal Games Intl SA - Disc
Gripshift - Sony Online Entertainment - Network

PLAYSTATION 3 Peripherals Available at Launch

Peripheral - RRP in £ Sterling

SIXAXIS™ Wireless Controller - £34.99
Blu-ray Disc Remote Control - £17.99
HDMI Cable - £17.99
AV cable - £17.99
Component AV cable - £17.99
S Video cable - £12.99

Last edited by Steve; 01-25-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Stevie, I am a manager at Gamestop here in the states...it is a game store. Dude do not count on that information to be remotely accurate as far as the launch titles.

The Playstation 3 is the biggest system failure I have seen so far. Literally...the Sega Dreamcast had a better launch that the Playstation 3 has.

This system is so bombing that Sony's stocks were down by 20% since Christmas. CNN Money has been all over this incident.

That article there, where you copied it from is complete bull****. They didn't even come close to a successful launch here in the states. They came in dead last, and my store hasn't sold a single one in the past 6 weeks because of how many problems the Playstation 3 has.

I bought mine the day it came out...and returned it 3 days later and bought an Xbox 360. I am so glad I did. In those 3 days I went through 2 PS3 systems. Both had problems, different problems.

I seriously advise anyone and everyone from buying a Playstation 3, it's 600$, buy a Xbox 360 and 4 games for the same price!

Old 01-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bustin

That article there, where you copied it from is complete bull****. They didn't even come close to a successful launch here in the states. They came in dead last, and my store hasn't sold a single one in the past 6 weeks because of how many problems the Playstation 3 has.

the article itself is not BS but of course the claims are BS, the Sony spokesperson is hardly going to say the launch was poor, and demand for their brand new console is near non-existant.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Hehe, sorry the claims are bs...and yes they are. Sony has dug themselves such a big hole with the Playstation 3 they are RERELEASING the Silver PS2's in the US to try and hold their sales off...

Well guess what! The ONLY game that was keeping the PS2 alive was Guitar Hero...it DOES NOT work on Playstation 3...and Guitar Hero 2 comes out on the Xbox 360 in March...and will allow you to play ANY music cd (legal ones though) in the game.

So, being now Microsoft has Guitar Hero 2...the PS2 sales are not going to keep up either.

If you have any questions Stevie, just ask mate I'll let ya know when I get off work tonight. But honest to god, I returned my second one and said the hell with this system, bought a 360 and love it. Gear of War is the most kick ass game, Oblivion is awesome, Rainbow Six and GRAW both look and play amazing

Old 01-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

hehe yeah you have a fun job

tbh i'm no PS fan at all, never liked any of their consoles :/

this is one of fave vids ive soon on youtube: Sony's Embarrassing E3 2006 Press Conference
Old 01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Been watching the ps3 flop also . There are plenty in stock around here where I am. Good luck finding a wii though. Gamestop still says they sell out of wii's within an hour of getting them in stock. ps3's sit on the shelves for days or weeks.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 01-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Well no bs here...I went up to the store this morning at 4:30 am to 8am just to keep the line from being hostile lol. We received 3 wii's today...

Old 01-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen
I had a feeling Xbox 360 would take the crown.

"If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
-- C.S. Lewis
Old 01-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Yea, the 360 is the leading system right now, and it earned it. The Wii, yea everyone wants it, but it isn't a long term system its a party system.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Killerbee
I had a feeling Xbox 360 would take the crown.
Agreed.

I've never had my own console before and I've only played the PS2 but the Wii (weeeeeeeeeeee!) looks awesome lol.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black