Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: What environment do you prefer?
Day 3 33.33%
Night 4 44.44%
Raining 1 11.11%
Snowing 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2010, 10:15 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

What environment do you prefer?

A copy of an old poll at WTF, No point in making a map others won't/don't like, so build a map to suit your fans.
(source:http://wtf-squad.com/PHP-Nuke/module...sults&pollID=7 ..with thanks)

Last edited by MERMITE; 04-30-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Day.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-07-2010, 08:15 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Night. Im a big fan of stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
Day light.

night seems depressing to me for some reason. I like the bright sunny day environments.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:11 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
I like distractions ... rainfall / snow ... jungle sounds ... it all adds to the experience ... adds realizm.

Night or day is not a factor ... most enviroments don't matter ... just give me the added experience of a real weather and sound ... That's what I like !
Old 05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
flametai1 is offline flametai1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
I like distractions ... rainfall / snow ... jungle sounds ... it all adds to the experience ... adds realizm.

Night or day is not a factor ... most enviroments don't matter ... just give me the added experience of a real weather and sound ... That's what I like !
Agree'd, But I will admit I do like night time better for the stealth, makes it harder for snipers to well, snipe you. lol.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post

I'm with you on those points on atmosphere Dave.

Last edited by Guest001; 06-02-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: I voted when the poll was open ("Night")
Old 06-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
hey i like night time battles
1.) you can be sneaky as hell, sneak up to the goon and slit their neck. before they see it coming
2.) get some cover and snipe a shoot off on that goon, they have no id were you been.
3.) search for them goons listing to sound of players making love with other then sneak in for long lasting kill, they thank you for it!
4.) look around deep into the darknest into land scape! you see the smoke look like swamp gas and see some one (Sam) walking in the open, take that saw and cut them in two!
5.) last a all nighter to catch Mermite in shack with all the light's out and show the love you have for him!
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-03-2010, 02:27 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

I think at this stage of the poll, one can conclude that it will be the story that will dictate the time of day that the mission will take place, traditionally the army strikes at dawn, but I know you know that so I will strike ......but you know that so you will strike ,.......again it's SPY VS SPY ...lol.
If I recall most special forces stuff, is ENHARCING INTEL, rescue hostage, arrest/kidnap target, steal intel, etc etc seen in the civil world as 'cheap' crimminal activity, so you as the mapper or DEFENDER, will or can expect special force activity, at any time YOU DON'T EXPECT THEM, Your guys shift change, a party, a storm, a distracted attack at your main base etc etc.

I like distractions says Dave61, I love 'em....players loose half their hit points, they loose their GPS, no waypoints (health at orange I think?) players forced to walk back 2km to health pack and waypoints resume, naturally you have a VERY ANNOYING wav distracting the player.
Another is the bird life in the jungle at night, but as soon as the first shot is fired it goes very very quiet....

Anyways I wanted input from NON mappers for this poll for those that do map...bit late now??
Old 06-05-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obraino View Post
hey i like night time battles
1.) you can be sneaky as hell, sneak up to the goon and slit their neck. before they see it coming
2.) get some cover and snipe a shoot off on that goon, they have no id were you been.
3.) search for them goons listing to sound of players making love with other then sneak in for long lasting kill, they thank you for it!
4.) look around deep into the darknest into land scape! you see the smoke look like swamp gas and see some one (Sam) walking in the open, take that saw and cut them in two!
5.) last a all nighter to catch Mermite in shack with all the light's out and show the love you have for him!
LOL,LOL,LOL
Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
I think at this stage of the poll, one can conclude that it will be the story that will dictate the time of day that the mission will take place, traditionally the army strikes at dawn, but I know you know that so I will strike ......but you know that so you will strike ,.......again it's SPY VS SPY ...lol.
If I recall most special forces stuff, is ENHARCING INTEL, rescue hostage, arrest/kidnap target, steal intel, etc etc seen in the civil world as 'cheap' crimminal activity, so you as the mapper or DEFENDER, will or can expect special force activity, at any time YOU DON'T EXPECT THEM, Your guys shift change, a party, a storm, a distracted attack at your main base etc etc.

I like distractions says Dave61, I love 'em....players loose half their hit points, they loose their GPS, no waypoints (health at orange I think?) players forced to walk back 2km to health pack and waypoints resume, naturally you have a VERY ANNOYING wav distracting the player.
Another is the bird life in the jungle at night, but as soon as the first shot is fired it goes very very quiet....

Anyways I wanted input from NON mappers for this poll for those that do map...bit late now??
Strike 20 minutes past the hour.

Last edited by Guest001; 06-05-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
I like night missions as well, overcast skies. a little fog but not so much you cant see 100 meters away.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin