Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

[Prototype] Review -- Xbox360

Well I finally got my copy, and have been playing it all weekend. Here is my crappy review:

So far I’m about 8 or so missions into the game on medium difficulty. The game is really interesting and unique to me, I’ve never played anything quite like it. The game is truly open and you are able to go anywhere and climb anything you want. You can hijack tanks, helicopters and other armored vehicles. You can use guns such as rifles, machine guns, grenade and rocket launchers etc.

But the real fun is in the weapons that you get from upgrades, such as the whipfist, claws and ground pound. They literally allow you to obliterate everything in sight. While driving around in a tank blowing up anything in sight it fun, flying across the city to a military populated area and then causing mass havoc with your bare hands kicks ass. The ability to just go on an all out rampage and kill everything in sight is just bad ass. I never thought consuming people would be so much fun . You can play as a stealth player too, but that's hardly what this game is about.

The game works on an experience points system that allows you to buy upgrades such as new maneuvers, stronger attacks and more health. Experience comes pretty easy so it won't be long before I have every upgrade, even though there are tons to choose from.

I've never been a big graphics nut, so I can't really comment on how the graphics are, but to me they are more than fine. I never get the chance to look at the textures of an enemy or building anyways. I do know that I can see a lot further in the game then I could in GTA IV and there are a lot of different types of people on the street.

The story is still developing, but so far it’s interesting enough. I never really cared to much about the story aspect of games anyways.

For Atholon: I don’t really pay too much attention, but I don’t really recall much swearing or stuff like that. It could come later in the game though.

So far I'd give it an 8.5/10

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq