Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 07-25-2004, 05:13 PM
slippin is offline slippin

Teamspeak room noise

While using any type of recording device i am capturing other room noises better than my mic is right in front of my face. I have on board Via AC 97 audio with the newest drivers gotten today. I am under the impression that my audio settings are correct but something is amiss. I havent used any voise program in a while. But any type of recording is doing this so i am at a loss as to how to hear my voise clearly.
Example= TV is low volume on other side of room. When i do voice test or do a recording with the windows recorder i can hear everything in the room better than i can my own voice etc.
OS is XP
Old 07-25-2004, 05:59 PM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
mute ur mic volume in ur Audio and Volume settings in your Control Panel. Then change ur mic settings in whatever program you are using.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:26 PM
slippin is offline slippin

Hmm. I just tried that but after a few tries it still seems the same. I didnt use to have this problem in times past when using a voice program. I know it is in my settings but it still isnt right. i do appreciatte your reply though.Any further assistance is appreciated as well.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:55 PM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
try uninstalling and rebooting and grabbing the l8est ts download and re install it .. also see what "mic boost" setting you have and try the opposite one in your sound options..

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F