Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:21 AM
meeshu is offline meeshu

Angry Please Eject And Re-Insert The CD-ROM . . .???

Trying to get Delta Force Task Force Dagger running on my other computer. But every time I try to run it I get a message box with the title -

"Cannot locate the CD-ROM"

with the following text within the message box -

"Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" !!??

I ejected DFTFD installation disk and then reinserted the disk and closed the optical drive, clicked OK and restarted DFTFD, but once again the message above appears and nothing else happens.

DFTFD was installed from a particular CD/DVD writer and the installation disk was not removed from the installation CD/DVD writer drive. That is the installation drive is the same as the drive for starting and running DFTFD.

Now in my first computer, it is running Windows XP SP3 32 bit exclusively. DFTFD has already been installed on that computer, and DFTFD seems to start and run fine (with DFTFD installation disk inserted into an optical drive)!

My other computer (where I'm having problems running DFTFD) is multi-booting with Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 7 32 bit, and Windows XP SP3 32 bit.

Tried running DFTFD under Windows 7 32 bit, but I get the above message about having to reload the disk, and nothing else happens. Then tried running DFTFD under Windows XP SP3 and STILL I'm getting the reload disk message!??

What is going on here? I thought that if DFTFD runs OK on my first computer (with XP SP3), then surely it would run under XP SP3 on my other (multi-booting) computer!?

Any ideas what is causing this issue and how can it be resolved, please?

Thanks.

Last edited by meeshu; 05-17-2017 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Details added
Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Just use the NO CD Patch from here (This will work with Windows 10 x64 also so you don't need to dual boot XP): http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=110

Or download the installer from NovaLogic that will install a copy of the game that does not require the CD-ROM. You can download it direct from NovaLogic (You use the CD Key that is on your CD-ROM case): http://ftp.novalogic.com/C3/234g56/DFTFD_Install.exe

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 05-17-2017, 10:46 PM
meeshu is offline meeshu

Sad

Thanks for the comments and for the links!

I'll look at downloading the no CD version of DFTFD later (I'm on a slow dial-up connection, and the download would take nearly one day!!).

I've installed the no CD check patch and now DFTFD seems to run fine (so far) under Windows 7 32 bit!

All though this "work-around" (patch) seems to work, it is not clear as to why DFTFD failed to find the installation disk to begin with?

On browsing the internet, it seems that there are/were several possibilities why the installation disk might not be found; some possibilities -

> optical drive for running DFTFD is not the same as the drive used to install game
> anti-malware or some other program running in background causing interference
> disk copying software installed and installation disk copy protection detects it

None of these possibilities are present (at least not under XP SP3 partition) in my other multi-boot computer.

Another possibility is that the HDD/optical drives SATA mode is set differently to or from ACHI to or from IDE. This might cause some issues accessing drives under certain conditions? I'm still looking into this possibility.

Another issue I'm having is installing mods to DFTFD to include terrains and/or objects from other games under Windows 7 32 bit. Currently trying to install DF2 terrains to DFTFD via the installer contained in this file [i]df2terrains4tfd.zip[/].

Problem is every time I run the installer, it starts to extract some files and tries to convert .jpg files to .tga files and stops. I get system error message that the installer has stopped due to some problem.

I've tried running this installer in various compatibility modes (XP SP3 down to 95/Me) and also with and without administrator rights, but the installer still doesn't work (properly).

What is wrong? Why is the installer not working properly?

Here is the log from the installer after it stops -

FwO Raven's DF Mod Installer
Log Created On Thursday The 18 Of May At 15:12:45
Adding df2dfd1.trn To C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Task Force Dagger\small.pff
Deleting Temporary File ( df2dfd1.trn )
Converting df2dfd1_c.jpg To df2dfd1_c.tgadf2dfd1_c.tga

Nothing else seems to be happening and there are no further entries in the log.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:58 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I don't really know why the game couldn't find the CD ROM drive. That happens sometimes, and could be hard to track down.

The installers for a lot of older mods do not work with newer versions of Windows. Are you using Windows 7 or Windows 10 to install the mods? I can perhaps upload a new version of the installer that works.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:27 PM
meeshu is offline meeshu

Windows 7 32 bit. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:27 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

meeshu, I created a zip file that has all the DFTFD mods in it. I know it's a big download, but re-making all the installers is just too much work when there is an easier way for people to get all the mods properly installed. Just download the following file overnight some time:

http://novahq.net/files.php?ID=715

Follow the instructions on the page for how to install it. This should get you 100% on your TFD install.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
meeshu is offline meeshu

Thanks for that!

I was just thinking that some of the other DFTFD mods also used the earlier FwO / Terranova installer which may not work under Windows 7.

I'll download the file a bit later.

Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2017, 05:04 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

1. Try cleaning or refurbishing the disk, sometimes the backing is also scratched so patching the label can also help.

2. Burn another copy
Set the burner software to burn data as entire disk and rebuild corrupt disk sectors.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:02 PM
meeshu is offline meeshu

Thanks for the advice.

However, I believe DFTFD installation disk is not scratched nor damaged in any other way. DFTFD starts and runs OK in my first computer when the disk is installed in one of the optical drives in my first computer.

The problem on my other computer (where DFTFD can't locate the disk) seems to be some system issue, as I tried several different optical drives (and changed the disk source drive by editing the ".CD" file in the game directory).

Suspect the issue might be related to SATA mode being set to "IDE" instead of "AHCI"??