Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Chris Focker is offline Chris Focker

Grr, hex characters?

Hi guys

Long time BHD player,just getting back into it. However I see Nova have been changing things! I'm getting a bit irritated with trying to get my name hexed! I've been told that Nova don't allow them anymore, so editing your name with the usual name editor doesn't work.. you need to change it in your account options on the novaworld site.

Fair enough.

However, I have seen numerous people that STILL have hexed names? Every player I've asked has been a d1ck about it and won't let me in on this little.. 'secret'.

Can anyone help me?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:45 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
If you play on novaworld servers you can't do it, or novaworld doesn't allow it. They banned this a few years back due to all the hackers running around. Odds are, if you see a player with a hexed name in novaworld servers, they are probably running some kind of hack. They implemented this to make it easier to track down hackers. There are so many variations in hex lettering and eliminating that and reverting back to just regular letters and/or numbers makes it easier for them to track down and ban hackers. You can still do it in publicly hosted servers though.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM

I only play public mate

Pinger no longer works (says the server is down or something) so I can only play with the playername that you have to create on the novaworld website. Yet some people can get pinger to work that I know.. so frustrating!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
you have to add each server individually with an ip, it won't refresh, so you basically have to guess if there is people in there or not

Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Quote:
Originally posted by EDGE
If you play on novaworld servers you can't do it, or novaworld doesn't allow it. They banned this a few years back due to all the hackers running around. Odds are, if you see a player with a hexed name in novaworld servers, they are probably running some kind of hack. They implemented this to make it easier to track down hackers. There are so many variations in hex lettering and eliminating that and reverting back to just regular letters and/or numbers makes it easier for them to track down and ban hackers. You can still do it in publicly hosted servers though.

yep - though if you are playing in public servers then no, because they have hexed characters doesn't mean they hack.

lol I haven't played in an official novaworld server in 5+ years

Based on the bottom of pinger, some have found that if you login to novaworld2.com and stay logged in, pinger will then work.

That hasn't worked for me, though it did work for an other friend.

Other then that, it still works perfectly if you know the servers IP, port and CK number and manually add the server to the favorites section
Old 03-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Quote:
Originally posted by icishoot

Based on the bottom of pinger, some have found that if you login to novaworld2.com and stay logged in, pinger will then work.

That hasn't worked for me, though it did work for an other friend.
This is true, but it should work for you too.

Download latest pinger 6.0 from nova-inside.com

1. open pinger
2. hit refresh
3. get error
4. hit the link on the bottom of the pinger that opens your browser and takes you to novaworld2.com
5. login using your nova username and password.
6. close browser
7. hit refresh on the pinger, viola!!

I just tried it, and it works for me.

I hope this works for you :-)
Old 03-03-2009, 05:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
I have 6.0, and I did click update and it didn't come back with any more updates.

But it doesn't matter - I don't play bhd any more - Only time I get on is if I have to check out my squad server, which I have in my favorites already
Old 03-04-2009, 07:32 AM

Thanks for the replies

The method you described Acid does not work.

Is there any way to get hold of the servers nova key etc, or will I have to ask an admin of the server?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:04 AM

You will have to ask the server admin, or look on their website if you know it.

ici
Old 03-04-2009, 09:38 AM

For some reason I can't access their website at uni, though I can at my girlfriends house? lol

If anyones bored enough and is feeling nice.. the address is

http://www.realsnipers.com/

If you could get the server details that would be awesome. Thanks guys
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 AM

server IP and port is 85.236.103.41:17479

try the default CK code of 0
Old 03-04-2009, 10:38 AM

What a gent, thanks a lot mate