Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:19 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Cool RATING: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Overall I much prefer SIM or FPS games...

So before buying any of the Assassin's Creed games I waited patiently for years.

Would this series ever reach the peak of it's genre or ever hold any real interest for me?

Well, I found Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag to be such a good game that I waited a short while after release then went out and bought it (at a discount ) and I certainly wasn't disappointed...

MY RATING:
Old 10-06-2015, 04:24 AM
City Ace is offline City Ace

Assassins creed black flag was graphically impressive, i played that on my friends laptop. That was a pirated one and size was around 20gb. When i brought the game from him by removable drives, it failed to run because of low ram. I had thought that assassins creed was a pretty low demanding. But when i google for the system reqs my head spinned. It needs 8 gb to run at high setts and high end card.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:28 AM

I too prefer FPS games. But after playing Just Cause 2(Third person), i started playing TPS Games. After some days im going to format my hard drive . It was nearly full. Yesterday i finished downloading my 200th game, Saints Row 2.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I really liked AC1 and AC2. I played Brotherhood and Revelations which were also good but I was a little burnt out after those.

I hear a lot of good things about Black Flag and I have it, but haven't played it yet.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 10-07-2015, 01:01 AM
yahman is offline yahman

I have a rather high end PC so I can play any current game, and play fps on it. Which of the AC games would likely be the most fun.

I have seen videos of the games but want a players opinion.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 AM

hey yahman, you should probably try ac 2 and brotherhood. They are acclaimed titles. Ac 4 was also good but not extraordinary. Ac4 have lots of bugs. Ac4 was less praised too.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I really liked AC1 and AC2. I played Brotherhood and Revelations which were also good but I was a little burnt out after those.

I hear a lot of good things about Black Flag and I have it, but haven't played it yet.
Yo Scott...
I took my time and I've played a few levels but...!

Underwater challenges with sharks roaming about, pirate ships! physical challenges? It's not bad man.

Yo City Ace
I reckon these sorts of super physics based games could be a new fashion for a while whatever the viewpoint but I think you're correct regarding TPV.

Love the genre? Love the game
Old 10-11-2015, 04:37 PM
yahman is offline yahman

I got a package deal on AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations. $21 for 4 new games, almost giving them away.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:28 AM

I never buy games. I always download it from internet. Now downloading Ac 2 because it was the most praised title of the AC series. Did you guys ever heard a game named Gun. That has many similarities to Ac 2.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:36 AM

eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Ace View Post
Ac4 have lots of bugs.
OH!

Do I really need to deal with bugs or are they just quirks of the game?

What sort of bugs are they?
Old 10-18-2015, 01:31 AM

Stompem, i didnt own ac 4. It doesnt run on my pc. Every week i go to my friend's house who owns this game. Ive heard from my friends that sometimes the player position marker shows incorrect on the map. Sometimes half of the player's body go under the land. And in rare cases, the buildings stands in air.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Stompem, i didnt own ac 4. It doesnt run on my pc. Every week i go to my friend's house who owns this game. Ive heard from my friends that sometimes the player position marker shows incorrect on the map. Sometimes half of the player's body go under the land. And in rare cases, the buildings stands in air.
Quote:
Ive heard from my friends that sometimes the player position marker shows incorrect on the map
I can see how that would upset things a bit

My Suggestion: Generally ignore the markers and explore as far as you can, you're bound to eventually reach your goal and you won't miss anything.

Quote:
Sometimes half of the player's body go under the land.
I think that in third person view a camera can have free movement to the extent where it or the character view (limb) can clip objects and terrain. This kind of bug should always be fixed.

Quote:
And in rare cases, the buildings stands in air.
In this case it gets back to where no designer or team is infallible - so there should be a community based reporting system with a compulsory update path for big titles, especially in the digital medium - some do - some don't.

Last edited by Guest001; 10-19-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:08 AM

From yesterday i started playing Sniper Ghost Warrior 2. This game was critically a failure. But for me till now it is my favourite stealth game
Old 10-21-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
But for me till now it is my favourite stealth game
+1 on stealth (Sniper Ghost Warrior 2)
Nice high-color graphics, bullet CAM and the communications with the player really are excellent - worth another topic