Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-31-2002, 05:27 AM
sally is offline sally

TFD Med

Hi Guys,I've just been playing TFD 4 the last couple of nights & it's awesome,still trying 2 find the right gun guns: but that will come lol.I have just made my first DM map as a test and just wanted 2 know if any1 had made an Items list for the lazier amongst us I would also like 2 know if i can go & look at my map without having 2 go online?If i try 2 look offline it just wont work(locks up). Oh yea and how do u stop the F16/F18's & B52's etc from flying ,I made them deaf,blind & guarding etc but when i go in 2 map the B52's r flying off in2 the distance & I cant find the other aircraft!(careless of me I know but hey I am a bit dippy ) Any help as usual would be much appreciated:
Sally
Old 08-01-2002, 04:12 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
To view off line I think you can set up your map using co-op settings.
Set a proper player start and check the cooperative box in General information then you can see what your items are like by going to Single Player and looking for your mission in the missions menu (rater than campaigns).
Dont forget to lose your SP start point and uncheck the co-op box once the map is done.

As for aircraft, I have always had trouble getting them to move at all BUT! I think you may be able to get around this by being a bit fancy and setting events.

You will need to set the aircraft as a group in their own right.
The set the events as so. (This is roughly from memory so you might have to fiddle once you get there..)

In the top part of the events dialogue look for Group Event.
Then look for the group you have set up for your aircraft.
The set the handler "if Group still alive"

Then in the next box look for Set Velocity and set the value to 0.

What happens then is when the map starts, assuming any of the aircraft are intact (which of course they will be) then they will all move at 0 kph which is standing still last time I looked.

It maybe sounds more complex or more easy than it is depending on how I remember MeD but if you play about its actually quite a quick fix.

More experienced mappers can help me out here LOL

Old 08-01-2002, 04:45 AM
sally is offline sally

Biggrin Thankyou ZZa1pqx :-))

Thanks 4 taking the time 2 reply ZZ The info is much appreciated,I will have a play about & see what happens!
A big kiss 4 you X
Old 08-01-2002, 07:13 AM

Pleased I could help. (If it does help..)

Im glad you apreciate it too cos my partner tried to get me out of bed for an hour so we could go out with the kids.

I got up eventually and flared up a ciggy and put the PC on while I was waiting to finish my morning constitutional.

An hour later I was just finished that post after trying to remember how Medc worked.

She wasn't happy.
She isn't happy a lot actually. Its nice to think there is at least one female on planet earth who recognises the importance of being Z.

Old 08-01-2002, 03:19 PM
sally is offline sally

Tongue Hey Z

U Tell ur other half ur providing an important service to Dippy cows like me lol And also tell her Thankyou from me 4 having the fortitude 2 put up with a DF nut who probably also keeps weird hours on pc lol ( only Kidding!) but thanks a million & yes setting up in coop using start player works a treat for viewing ur map offline
Sal.
X
Old 08-01-2002, 04:19 PM

You should get Cable then you would never be offline

(another gripe from the boss that lol)

Old 08-01-2002, 06:21 PM
sally is offline sally

I wish! living out in the sticks we will never get cable :-( I can only dream)

On making your way through LIFE become a WARRIOR & a HUNTER & Know that DEATH is the last WITNESS.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:54 PM

I moved to get mine...

(another gripe from the boss)

Old 08-02-2002, 06:02 AM
sally is offline sally

I cant move, but I think I should start hounding BT & threaten them with all the might of the Delta Force,tell them we're coming round with a formadible arsenal or else,Do u think that would work?

On making your way through LIFE become a WARRIOR & a HUNTER & Know that DEATH is the last WITNESS.
Old 08-02-2002, 04:32 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOL
BT I love them. You know the BT equivalent of the service I get is classed as business use and is £84 more expensive?

You would have better luck stretching your own home made cable to an NTL area and trying to plug it in with no one noticing.

To be fair to BT though I have had some nice converstaions with their customer service and telesales personell.

Conversation usually goes something like,
BT: Hello I understand you have recently left BT and I am ringing to talk about our special offer of a free return to BT if you would like.
ZZ: Erm, yeah OK. My main use is the internet service can you tell me about your broadband service?
BT: (Having confirmed I live within range...) We can offer a 512kilobyte per second always on connection for just £29 pounds a month.
ZZ: OK. Can you tell me if I can get any faster than that?
BT: Not on our home service I am afraid sir.
ZZ: How then?
BT: You would have to subscribe to our business service sir.
ZZ: And how fast a connection can I get then?
BT: Well there is a business service at 512K and then you <i>can</i> upgrade to a 1megabyte service which is up to 256K Upload!!!
ZZ: And how much is that?
BT: Well after your initial setup up fee the price is £119 a month sir.
ZZ: Thats a bit steep!
BT: Its is a premium service though sir and thats why the price is higher and why it is classed as a Business service.
ZZ: Well I think £119 is a bit steep what ever.
BT: Do you have fast internet connection currently sir?
ZZ: Yes I have a 1 meg, 256 upload service from my current ISP.
BT: And how much are you paying currently?
ZZ: £35 a month.
BT:...........
ZZ:...........
BT: Are you interested in the money you could save coming back to BT for your telephone?....

Poor BT telesales people.
Always polite but never realy an answer as to why they have to sell crappy products they still (really) hold a monopoly on... LOL

Old 08-02-2002, 05:58 PM
sally is offline sally

BT = Backward Twats (sorry 4 the colourful English)
BT = Bloody Twisters
BT = Behind the Times
I think I will start digging the cable trench now!

Old 08-02-2002, 08:32 PM

Ping of twenty.
Hosting 16 man.
Instant DFHQ foruming.

B&Q do a good shovel.
If you are in Yokshire I'll let you sellotape your wires to my cable conn. when you get here.

I ain't shovelling though.

Old 08-03-2002, 04:58 PM
sally is offline sally

Come on, be a man,meet me half way :-)) How many meters do u reckon we can do a day?
P.S. Thanks 4 letting me splice in2 ur mega cable :-))X

Old 08-04-2002, 05:40 AM

Personaly I think probably 25-30cm a day.
I'll start by getting up, checking forums, maybe play a quick game or two.
Then I'll go downstairs and think maybe I should eat before I work.
Then I'll go upstairs and find the right clothes for the job but while I am there the computer tells me that I should be setting up server if I am going to be doing other things so I'll do that.
Then I'll go downstairs and out to the shed to locate my spade.Whilst in their I'll spot the old alarm clock that needs fixing and remember that I now do have the tools to fix it but that they are up in my room.
I go up to get the little screwdrivers and whilst I am fiddling with the clock I notice my cable modem box has its activity light on full with no blinking which means the server has someone in it so I switch my monitor back on to go see.
The server has 2 or 3 people in so I hit space and join in.
5 hours later I am hungry so I go have some dinner and remember that I still haven't started my job so I nip out but its raining a bit so I decide to come in and catch the news whilst it stops.
3 hours later I wake up on the sofa with a sore neck when my Daughter who has just got in from a day out with mum comes and 'pats' me on the head with her latest Macdonalds toy.
Her mum says she is tired so goes for a quick nap whilst I am downstairs with the kids.
We have a play make some tea but fall out when my Daughter takes a toy of my baby son purley because she can't stand him to have anything that she hasn't.
Mum comes down and being tired is quite grumpy and asks me with a sneer what I have done today.
My Daughter who is feeling sorry for herselfbecause I shouted at her runs to Mummy who gives her a big hug and tells her everything is alright.
I get mad saying no, everything is NOT alright because she has been bullying her brother and what kind of example is it if all she needs to get away with her bad behaviour is a mother who can't stand to see her little girl upset.
I storm upstairs and play some more on my server until I am calmed down.
By now its dark and I am tired and I go to bed thinking I'll do some shoveling tomorrow.

You see?
That day i didn't do any shovelling.

Old 08-05-2002, 01:51 PM
sally is offline sally

Pmsl, u should take up comedy full time!

Old 08-05-2002, 04:31 PM

I have done.
I am a nurse.
All that work for no spare cash after the basic bills are paid.
How funnys that?

Old 08-14-2002, 10:15 AM
coldsoldier is offline coldsoldier

Well, not to funny i always do a lot of work for people i also have a t1 good connection.I like working for people because i enjoy it so do they its just for fun.