Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:37 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Coming Soon: Special Ops for DFX!

What is SO MOD? This is a new mod made by Weapons Task Force Squad aka WTF-Squad and friends. The mod is being beta tested currently. WTF-Squad and -FFS-Squad are doing the beta test.

There’s lots of great stuff for map makers, also any stock map is compatible and tons of stuff from BHD, BHDTS, JOE, JOTR, UA mod for JO, and custom for players to enjoy.

There will be custom player skins and some custom items used by map makers for a more XTreme playing experience.
Have you ever seen a toilet in a delta force game? You will when this mod is released! There will be enough player skins so that when you’re playing a map chances are you won't run into another player using your same skin!

So far those who have seen the MOD have agreed its smooth running. You have all the same vehicles you have currently available, but with a new twist....new SKINS! So you'll have hummers and trucks with new color skins! New weapons from other classic delta force games! There will be new AI'S to kill and much much more. This MOD will have something everyone likes. It will be super easy to install, there will be a few things you will have to do but they will be super easy if you follow the directions.

Just a few details to give you and idea of what’s in the mod:

105 player avatars
Custom compass
72 terrains From JO, BHD, and custom. With more coming soon!
New vehicles skins. And new vehicles coming soon as well!
Any stock map is compatible
646 new and imported from JO/BHD items. With more coming soon!

Visit for more information:

WTF-Squad
-FFS- Squad
-FFS- Screen Shots
More -FFS- Screen Shots

Public Beta is scheduled for: February 14th.
Possible Alpha (no updates EVER! unless fixing something we stuffed up. lol) March 1rst.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
tumbleweed is offline tumbleweed

Mod's

BHD, BHDTS, JO. DFX. Find out here.
http://tumbleweeds-place.com
Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
GL with it.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

Sounds nice
Old 02-08-2007, 01:35 AM

Thanks for the advertisement tumbleweed.

Been about a year working on it. but check out the screenshots at the -FFS- site, Beta testers get to have all the fun!!!!!

Just working out some final details and making the campaign maps. the campaigns probably wont be done in full until after public beta is released, but got 1 complete so far!

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
It's great to see some mods for Nova games, this is really the way to expand game play. It s**ks that Nova mostly is anti mod. Good luck with this venture
Old 02-08-2007, 12:18 PM

Almost feels like Nova want us to support their games lol.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-08-2007, 02:21 PM

well this mod wont be supported, so like others you will need a fresh updated DFX for it, and cant join Nova servers or other stock ones.

They wont support any DFX mods like they will JO and BHD actualy. Oh well i wanted to do this so i did lol

WTF-Squad

Old 02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
Quote:
Originally posted by Xx_jet_xX
well this mod wont be supported, so like others you will need a fresh updated DFX for it, and cant join Nova servers or other stock ones.

They wont support any DFX mods like they will JO and BHD actualy. Oh well i wanted to do this so i did lol
that is one reason that Nova is loosing out. I mean check all the mods running on most popular games

a good place to see what mods are made or being made go here http://moddb.com/
Old 02-11-2007, 09:12 PM

well there is 1 good point to what nova is doing, limits the number of mods out there. suppose you have 1 of the bf2 mods available in that list, you make some maps for it and run a server just using mps designed for that mod. its up for a week and you have 1-2 people join. hmmm no fun there......

a limited number of mods is better than whats for other games, but if they combined mods to make only a few with all the best parts of each then you will have some servers full.

look at whats currently available for DFX, ummm VX mod(Jo weapons some extra items) DJ3 (many versions, BHD/JO/UA/VX items) BFM (Same as DJ3 (with other stuff that is glitchy)). soon to have SO as well. so 3 current and 1 or more otw, lots less to scroll through to find a server running the mod you have unless you prefer SP. much less a server with anyone in it.

make modding a game too easy and you will end up having too many mods available and no players for it. unless you use a second program like VALVe does with there Steam prog that allows you to download mods, and automaticaly starts them when you join a modded server that you have the mod for or gives you a download for it.

WTF-Squad

Old 02-11-2007, 09:22 PM

Again, good luck with the modding.

I am too a modder myself (modding BHD) and I know how much hard work needs to be put in to make a very successful mod. I never imagined I would find so many bugs and etc. I could come across and such... and yeah... it requires big-ass hard work.

Again, for the third time already, all the best from us mod supporters at NovaHQ.

Chris
Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 PM

Thanks Chrispy, we need all the luck we can get lol.....

WTF-Squad

Old 02-21-2007, 04:51 AM

Public beta is out! can be downloaded at;

WTF-Squad
TXP Gone 3D
DF Reload
Full Force Squad

Support, questions and comments at WTF-Squad please.

WTF-Squad

Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

nice work on the mod

do you mind if its put up on NHQ?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:20 AM

I dont mind at all Mike, problem is there will be a final version out soon, should you host it after its final release, or adjust to fit when Alpha is released?

WTF-Squad

Old 02-28-2007, 04:16 PM

Final release has been delayed. sorry about that, but the wait will be well worth it and people will be pleasantly surprised with what is coming!!

WTF-Squad

Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Yo jet! You just pulled an NL on us!

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 03-01-2007, 01:17 AM

LOL and i thought i was acting like Microsoft! oh wait if i was doing that then 3/4 of the stuff in the mod wouldnt actualy work all the time and the other 1/4 would be so full of security holes that you would need to do an auto update and get special software to block the holes until/if a security patch becomes available.

wooohooo lol anyway im working on some weapons at the moment, and im sure once there complete then everyone will be quite happy with them.

WTF-Squad

Old 03-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by SSGWarHog
that is one reason that Nova is loosing out. I mean check all the mods running on most popular games

a good place to see what mods are made or being made go here http://moddb.com/
thanks for pointing that out never seen that site its great, in the pass i gone to fileplanet.com for mods BF1942 & Halo Ce mods, besides some other games
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-01-2007, 01:53 AM

Any screenshots you can feed us Jet? Would love to see the great work!

Chris