Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: Favourite Sniper Rifle
M21 25 20.33%
M24 17 13.82%
.300 Tactical 45 36.59%
Barrett .50 Cal 36 29.27%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2003, 07:43 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

I like Barrett but I've gotten used to M24 ... less sound

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 09-15-2003, 03:55 AM
MAVERICK@WAR© is offline MAVERICK@WAR©

Smile

best is PSG

and here (BHD) M21, 50.cal
Old 09-17-2003, 06:17 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

omigod... this would go on forever. i was reading this thread from page 1 till the end. And now I'm dizzy. Since y'all are pros at snipin... all i wanna know is which one is best for moving objects? I used to use the m21 for its high rate of fire.... so most of the time it would take me more than 3-4 shots to eliminate my target. Any tips on where do i aim when i'm trying to hit somebody running? Head shots are near impossible with m21. Somehow I shoot better with MCRT, more headshot that is. But the rate of fire sucks though. If I'm not mistaken the Barret's bullet is meant for armour piercing. The Navy Seals actually used a thermal scope with it & they used it to shoot through walls. Man.... thats what i call POWER!!! used by a snipin pro that is.... i sucked at snipin. one more fact that i heard about Barett is that it's also known as the "SCUD" hunter during the gulf war.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:58 AM
whatevah is offline whatevah

Send a message via ICQ to whatevah
Quote:
Originally posted by animal_mutha
Since y'all are pros at snipin... all i wanna know is which one is best for moving objects?
all of them. you just gotta know how much to lead.

for close in (under 200m), I like to use the M21 or M82, if I know it's gonna be a fast map. (I prefer the m82, it kills with one shot, sometimes you gotta hit twice with the m21)

farther out, I use the m24 almost exclusively. if I'm farther than about 600m out, I pick my moving targets carefully. and hitting a long-range moving target with the .300 is almost impossible. the bullets have a pretty low velocity, I think.

best thing to do, is join in a big tkoth server, run out as far as you feel like, and start practicing. I like tkoth for sniping, since most of the players are usually gunners or cqb. plus, you know where they are gonna be headed, easier to find targets.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:51 AM
RHA600 is offline RHA600

Send a message via AIM to RHA600
What he said ^. I've used the M21 out to 500 meters but hitting a moving target is a lot harder. If they are just running strait (say for the zone) then I can lead them and usually hit them. However if their path leads them in any other direction than strait or if they stop at any point you're done. But the time you shoot and the bullet gets there they may have changed direction 5 times. HAHA. usually if I am out that far I'm looking for other snipers or guys laying down in the zone.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:27 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

I've hit running target in CTO or S3 maps from about 1000-1100m with a Tasticle, I mean, Tacticle rifle and M21 rifle

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 09-25-2003, 08:01 AM
RHA600 is offline RHA600

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
I've hit running target in CTO or S3 maps from about 1000-1100m with a Tasticle, I mean, Tacticle rifle and M21 rifle
but don't you hate when the same guy respawns and shots you with the M60 at the same range just by holding the triger down for 5 minutes? Didn't the older versions of DF games have limits on the weapons? I haven't played the others in so long, but I thought for example the rocket launcher only had an 800m range.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:08 PM
USrecon is offline USrecon

Send a message via AIM to USrecon
I like how you hit a target from 1100 meters out when the .... visual range even without fog is 1000 meters... and even then you can't see them unless they are a sillohette. I have had one 1000 meter shot.....and it was because i saw the guy's tracer when he fired his rifle.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:15 PM
RHA600 is offline RHA600

are you sure the visual range is only 1000? I thought it was just that the scope range won't go any higher than 999? I have hit guys on mountains at 950+ (laying down, not running) and I could still actually SEE well past them.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:19 PM

hey... i've just found out 1 thing... by using the barret i could actually shoot a guy behind the wall. But the guy ends up asking me how did i kill him? And end up accusing me of being a cheat by doing so...

i saw movement behind the wall... so i just tried my luck...and woohooo it was a headshot. and that wasnt the first time. not even the rocket launcher can kill a guy behind a wall...but sometimes a spray from an m60 works as well....hmmmmm.... i seem to love this barrett. Must be the fat heavy bullets huh?
Old 10-09-2003, 01:59 PM

Quote:
hey... i've just found out 1 thing... by using the barret i could actually shoot a guy behind the wall. But the guy ends up asking me how did i kill him? And end up accusing me of being a cheat by doing so...

i saw movement behind the wall... so i just tried my luck...and woohooo it was a headshot. and that wasnt the first time. not even the rocket launcher can kill a guy behind a wall...but sometimes a spray from an m60 works as well....hmmmmm.... i seem to love this barrett. Must be the fat heavy bullets huh?
that's in BHD? mighty odd. most likely a glitch. the objects in BHD are really glitchy, hopefully Team Sabre will be better,

there's an anti-cheat group that finds and documents cheats and glitches so their squads will knoe about them, and can ban their use in their servers. there are glitches all over the place!

http://bhd-acc.com/ Anti-Cheat Collective
Old 10-10-2003, 08:49 AM

ok ok.... i know ignorant is bliss... eerrrr but what is a "glitch" & how do i detect it? Is it some kinda cheat? Or is it caused by major lagged up connection?
Old 10-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
Quote:
Originally posted by RHA600
but don't you hate when the same guy respawns and shots you with the M60 at the same range just by holding the triger down for 5 minutes? Didn't the older versions of DF games have limits on the weapons? I haven't played the others in so long, but I thought for example the rocket launcher only had an 800m range.
Must be talking about tfd. This happened alot to me in me when i was a noob.

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 10-10-2003, 01:06 PM

Quote:
ok ok.... i know ignorant is bliss... eerrrr but what is a "glitch" & how do i detect it? Is it some kinda cheat? Or is it caused by major lagged up connection?
a glitch is something that's messed up in the game, that allows players to do things they shouldn't be able to do. like, walk through a wall... lay on a hill and not be seen even with a scope, but can still kill... many many things.

did you experience the m82 kill in TFD or BHD? this is the BHD area, so I assumed you meant that. in TFD, certain weapons can indeed shoot through walls, and it's realistic. the m82 can punch through 8 inches of concrete at a distance of 800m and kill somebody on the other side, I think. it's designed to take out equipment, like armored trucks and stuff.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:22 PM
InsaneCrazy is offline InsaneCrazy

well now that ive played the game more i have used all the sniper rifles and im very comfortable with them all. each one of them i use for different scenarios

~Delta Force is not a game, it's a way of life~
Old 10-27-2003, 07:23 PM
spy is offline spy

Straight .50 Cal in BHD and DF1 whether u way out sniping or running around ........Your A&S Is Mine when it comes to the 50 it doesnt matter where u are.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:54 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

.300 is by far the best. on are server i have 1200 kills with .300 and a 49% acc. ( 1 kill every 2 shots) like it was said before in a city map i use the m21 (you cant beat the 20 shots a clip). But if it is a sniper map. .300 all the way
Old 03-31-2004, 03:16 AM
SILENT-DROP is offline SILENT-DROP

Quote:
Originally posted by {B:P:R}{PANIC}
every df game i used the .50 mmmmmmm sweeeeeet but the tactical is much better IMO. the .50 seems to have slower bullets that curve a whole lot more.

i really like the m21 for its large mag and close range sniping abulity. also the 18x scope on the tacticl is a little large sometimes and im too lazy/dont have time to switch between close or far.

so either long range for whole map with .300
short range all map with m21
Have to agree!
Old 03-31-2004, 09:57 AM

dude... 5 months for a "me, too" post?

I'm still a fan of the mighty m24 on BHD and BHD:TS. I've had 20point kills before, that's over 1000 meters. so far away I can't hear anything, no can I be heard.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:20 PM
InsaneCrazy is offline InsaneCrazy

i like all the sniper rifles now, just depends on the map. the usual in close m21, etc.

~Delta Force is not a game, it's a way of life~