Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:07 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

so far the best variety of weapons used in Multiplayer games is the Ghost Recon series

i just love em sniper rifles with surpressors...hehehe
Old 08-28-2003, 06:04 PM
obelisk is offline obelisk

Send a message via ICQ to obelisk
Flame thrower that would be funny to see ppl running around on fire.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:11 PM
d3reddragon is offline d3reddragon

Send a message via AIM to d3reddragon Send a message via Yahoo to d3reddragon
LMFAO That would be sweet..:P
Old 08-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Lostcuaz is offline Lostcuaz

Send a message via ICQ to Lostcuaz
napalm

napalm luanchers advanced flame thrower! now thats a toy.

Links Check em' Out
Old 08-29-2003, 10:38 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
if they had a flame thrower in there, that would be krazy

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 09-17-2003, 05:00 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

ooooohhhh imagine the inferno... they should name the new delta force series to DF:Hell on earth.

Have you guys seen the movie "WHEN TRUMPET FADES"? did u see what happened when the flame thrower blew himself up when their LT shot him for chickening out? sweeeeeet!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 09:03 PM
NinjaStrike is offline NinjaStrike

I think if you've got an m4, and you kill someone with an ak-74. you should be able to take their ammo.

More interactive objects would be really cool and alot more weapons to choose from. Not like flamethrowers or croosbows or anything like that. Sig 550, 551's would be cool. And no martial arts or katanas...lame. Yeah, the Japanese did use katanas but I wonder how many u.s. soldiers were killed by katanas on the battlefield. The Japs were evil, stupid bastards and ended up getting nuked(Justified in my opinion).

Creating a character would be cool and customizing of weapons and loadout. Like hi-cap magazines and silencers. Better commands to squad.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Black6~ODA~ is offline Black6~ODA~

Send a message via ICQ to Black6~ODA~
uh huh, i would to like to see you take a machine gun, sit it down, and hit a target running at 1.1 miles. It fires too fast! Also at that distance you have to pull out the TI-89, $200 dollar calculator and start pushing some buttons to see if its even possible in a real life scenario. Now if you scale it down to about half of that, 800 meters, thats more reasonable in a real scenario. Also, I prefer the m249, it fires faster in reality and I've had better accuracy with it when firing off in short bursts.

What I want to see is the PSG1 again, and I don't mean suppressed either. Take out that light fifty, because really its more suited to kill a car. Put a shotgun as a primary, and the M14 as an assault rifle, or sniper rifle, it goes both ways. I'm also fond of the Winchester Model 70 .30-06. I've hit 800 meters on the range before.
"Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarass my country."
The Ranger Creed
Old 09-21-2003, 09:28 PM

one more thing, i want REALISM!!! not this napalm flame thrower crap. I mean no offence, but we don't use napalm any more, and haven't used flamethrowers since Korea or Vietnam. I don't want an mg being carried by a man on a full sprint, to hit me as a sniper 900 meters off in prone behind concealment. I also don't want to see a standing sniper hit me on the first shot while i'm running. And since when can a person get a 10ft arm extension with a knife? I also want to know why a CQB character can run faster than a gunner. I knew gunners who could beat me at running because they had RPGs on their ass when they started shooting that much lead off.
"Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarass my country."
The Ranger Creed
Old 09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
USrecon is offline USrecon

Send a message via AIM to USrecon
As far as the machine gun sniping is concerned.... Carlos Hathcock recorded a kill at 2500 yards with a browning m2 .50 cal machine gun in vietnam with a 10X unertl scope mounted on it.

As far as new weapons are concerned... I would not so much like new weapons, maybe a few but I would really like to see new equipment. For example....a tac radio to call in some close airsupport or an arty stike. Get pinned call in the fire support. A customized loadout would be extremely cool. A spotter scope for a sniper would be nice to have. I also would like to be able to carry smoke grenades while i'm sniping too. Nice diversion

Some of these ideas about swords and "napalm launcher flame throwers" are for lack of a better word.... stupid.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:36 PM

I know about Carlos Hathcock's records, but now come on. I have never been in too many positions where you can put a scope on the M2 and start picking of people, except in the desert. If your in a jugle, its too damn thick, urban areas, too many damn buildings.

I like the smoke idea. Though calling in artillery, you can call in airstrikes in single player, but doing that in multiplayer you would think would be too easy in taking out the whole other team. Unless you do it like in BF1942 where you have to have to a person fly an aircraft and have to have some skill, or drive a tank or self propelled gun with some skill.

BHD has smoke, but its crap! You can throw 4 of em right in front of you and it don't provide the least bit on concealment for movements. I want to see an improvement on that. As a diversion it might be nice to have colored smoke, lol. Imagine that stoned gunner boy chargin' at ya when he sees all the pretty colors! ROFL!

The radio idea is pretty much what VON is. Though I think VON should have some improvements to it, I myself use roger wilco instead.
The Ranger Creed
Old 09-23-2003, 12:56 PM

Just to be a smart a** ... that 2500 yard kill with the machine gun was in a jungle enviroment.

I agree with you on the smoke issue. With the Airsupport and arty .... you should have a limited amount of missions that you can call in. Perhaps three or four each game for only a character class such as foward air combat controller. That would make players think about when they used them and not just call in arty or the birdies every time they saw a enemy player.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:58 PM

and it all depends on the placement of your weapons
Old 09-23-2003, 04:03 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Quote:
Originally posted by Black6~ODA~
. As a diversion it might be nice to have colored smoke, lol.
Hit ~ and type gamma 123456789 Works for me.

And as new weapon id like to the C8FTHB 5.56
I carry a C7 when we are on field exercise and the shooting range. But i had the oppurtunity to shoot with this toy a while ago. That was fun.

FEATURES

The C8FTHB accommodates the 40 mm M203A1 grenade launcher, providing the versatility of available 40 mm grenade ammunitions, on a compact carbine.

The C8FTHB Carbine has a flat top upper receiver with the Standard Weaver sight rail, similar to the C8FT Carbine. This permits the use of many sighting and tactical accessory options.

The C8FTHB Carbine has a firing mechanism that permits either single shot or full automatic firings. A 3 round burst option is also available.

The C8 Carbine has a collapsible buttstock that permits the reduced overall length for storage and carry.

The C8 Carbine utilizes over 90% common parts with other C7 family members, resulting in commonality of use, training and maintenance.

fairly copied and pasted from Diemaco

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 09-24-2003, 10:51 PM

Just to continue the argument, I never said it absolutely impossible, there are always exceptions. With a world filled with infinite possibilities, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I mean you have to find a new original way of killing a person after you kill over 100 or however many confirmed kills he had.

And by the way, just to keep up the hatred carried by over half the armed forces against the marines; think they're good..., and think of little else.

Joking of course
The Ranger Creed
Old 09-25-2003, 11:55 AM

The official count was 93 confirmed kills... however, there was the incident where him and his spotter held an NVA comapny down and picked them off for three or four days. So the total kills is probably far over 93.
As far as the interservive rivalries.... you do know what ARMY stands for don'y you?

Ain't Ready for Marines Yet
Old 09-25-2003, 09:09 PM

lmfao, I'll leave it at that, I don't want that one little 7 letter compound word tumblin' out, if you know what I mean.

93 kills, close enough to a hundred anyways. lol.

Now lets stick to the game now, lol. As for the weapons, I agree, there don't need to be many more, I just want it more realistic. I want it going back to DF2 with grass and a ghillie suit.

I was just thinking on thing I would really like to see, picking your own kit. Your own rifle, with whatever you want on it, scope, M203, or just the plain iron sights. Being able to pick out how much ammo you want and how many grenades, claymores, explosives devices you want. Of course with a set limit. I don't want to see an M249 gunner with 600 rounds of ammo carried on his own body, with 5 grenades, flashbangs, and smoke grenades, along with his night vision, on and!!!! that god forsaken M136 AT4. As a sniper, I have little use for a flashbang, I prefer the fragmentation grenade for getting out a jam quick, with plenty of pistol ammo to lay down some fire.

Also, the fragmentation grenade will make your ears hurt worse more than a flashbang will from a greater distance! Why do you have to take a direct hit with it for your ears to ring? Its common sense, hell a bullet passing close enough to your head can screw up your ears and eyesight. OOOOO!!!! don't forget the AT4! Having a rocket lauch off from the side of you head ain't too fun either!
The Ranger Creed
Old 09-26-2003, 06:31 PM
obelisk is offline obelisk

Send a message via ICQ to obelisk
This is dum but i think they should put something like mustard gas.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Lostcuaz is offline Lostcuaz

Send a message via ICQ to Lostcuaz
new wapon radio for a b-52 bomber , :?:?:?:?:? o no heads up lil girl lmao

Links Check em' Out
Old 10-02-2003, 02:14 AM
SoF Sniper is offline SoF Sniper

i too would like to see the option of customizing the gun...

like, there could be a load out screen, with a sh!t load of parts and excessories that could be made to modify the gun.
it could work from a points system, like if you were a sniper,
your stealthness, head shots, total kills, from previous missions. that would give you points or subtract points for mess ups, to use towards new excessories for your gun...

then secondly, what would fit nicely with that would be, to pick and specialize the player you are using... like a sniper wouldn't be any good for cqb unless he layed down his rifle and started playing with a cqb weapon....
then you could even have it like, you start to loose your previous skill slowly the longer you use the new...

just my 2 cents...GOOD DAY!!!