Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 PM
BollWeevil is offline BollWeevil

Trying to remember a map

Hello all,

I haven't played JO since 2004, and lately I've been getting the urge to play again, and it's nice to see there are still communities involved in the game.

I'm trying to remember the name of a certain co-op map which I used to play back in the day which involved trying to take a castle fortress on a hill. Once the castle fortress was secure, then the players had to defend the fortress against waves and waves of ground and helicopter attacks.

Overall the map was relatively flat, with little or no water. The player spawn included buggies and perhaps a helo, then it was a long trek down a road through a sniper infested forest to secure a spawn point. From there, it was a hike uphill to the castle, which was out in a clearing. Crashed helicopters surrounded the castle, and mortars/rockets rained down from the castle defenders at anyone who approached.

The castle was a huge square fortress with towers and lots of mounted machine guns all over the interior. Once inside, players had to clear the castle, then had only a few moments before the enemy unleashed a steady stream of infantry and helos to retake the base.

Does anyone know which map I'm referring to? I searched through the NovaHQ map repository but couldn't find a description that seemed to match.

Much appreciated.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
well, to be honest. I dont think that would be a Nova stock map. Theres perhaps thousands upon thousands of Custom coop maps. That time you played that map may be the last time you'll ever play it. If you ever end up getting back into the game, you could just try other coop maps and you might find a better one.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 PM
BollWeevil is offline BollWeevil

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm probably just going to have to play on a lot of servers until I come across what I'm looking for.