Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-29-2003, 11:37 PM
AmericanSniper is offline AmericanSniper

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanSniper Send a message via AIM to AmericanSniper
Biggrin Sniper Solution

I find that if you play as a cqb and go after a sniper ... with a satchel charge, they get pretty fed up with sniping really quickly. Sneak up behind them lay the satchel run away a little and turn around and detonate it. Watch him rack up frequent flier miles and laugh. They get pretty pissed when you do that.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:46 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Lol that sounds like a fun idea bro!!!!

Regards
Old 11-30-2003, 06:59 AM
Rapid12 is offline Rapid12

Any decent sniper wouldn't let anyone 'sneek' up behind them. For me its 'shoot, revolution, seek new target and repeat. Then after 2 or 3 shots, depending on the map, you get out of there and relocate.
I find the more effective way to sniper hunt is with 1 of 2 methods. Firstly is to counter them with a sniper rifle, the only problem with this is that when you have locate them, you have to zero your scope, this may take 1 or 2 shots at your target before hitting it. This will inturn alert the sniper that he/she has been found, he will then either scarper or shoot you with one shot as he has more likely already zeroed his scope. The other method I use when there is a lot of snipers about is to be a gunner, locate near a remote Armoury and search the surroundings with your binoculars. When a sniper is located, you take your rocket launcher and fire it at him, then simply go back in the armoury, press 0 and accept and you have another rocket launcher to do the same with.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:19 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

ironically... the rocket travels further than any of the sniper rifles & doesnt loop down as bullet does (which is realistically unaccurate) The rocket launcher is definitely a "gunner's" answer to the snipers...lol!!!
Old 11-30-2003, 07:30 AM
~B2K~Scorp is offline ~B2K~Scorp

Smile

My thoughts exaclty a Sniper uses sniper rifle not a rocket launcher..
Old 11-30-2003, 12:33 PM
HonkyTonkFX is offline HonkyTonkFX

Medic - meds are the best counter to sniper. There speed keeps snipers from running to far away once you know where the sniper is, and it is a little harder to hit them from 500 - 600 meters out. You can try doing the snipe and move, but once i know where the area is that your sniping from your done.

Granted if your 900 meters out i cant see you or here you. But there is no where on stock maps i cant get to you execpt hornets nest and double barrel.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
if u get that close to them....why not knife them?

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 11-30-2003, 02:03 PM
V99 is offline V99

Send a message via AIM to V99
well I'm always a med, and for snipers I just shoot em in the head from like a lil way away and they think another sniper killed em, so he won't even looked where he died for me lol
Old 11-30-2003, 04:21 PM

V99, am I correct in thinking that if your killed by a sniper at distance, it tells you on screen that the sniper has just received a sniper bonus of ** points? I think I am.
The best way to find your killer is not to respawn but to wait while the screen does a full revolution, this way you may locate your sniper.
On the subject of snipers, why do SO many people choose 'sniper'? I'd say i'm a gunner as often as I am a sniper.
Old 11-30-2003, 05:21 PM
d3reddragon is offline d3reddragon

Send a message via AIM to d3reddragon Send a message via Yahoo to d3reddragon
I just take my car15 and shoot them....From far away...lol

practice
Old 12-01-2003, 03:36 AM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

i noticed that the speed of the medic & the speed of the CQB with an MP5 is the same. It's more sneaky with an MP5 than medic's CAR15 to get em snipers
Old 12-01-2003, 11:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanSniper Send a message via AIM to AmericanSniper
raspid 12 if it takes 2 shots to kill a sniper for you...well you need to put your sniper rifle up son cause you can't shoot.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmericanShiper
raspid 12 if it takes 2 shots to kill a sniper for you...well you need to put your sniper rifle up son cause you can't shoot.
Firstly, I am NOT your son Secondly, I would love to see you shoot and kill an opponent 500 mtrs plus, away from you with one shot each and every time you encounter such a target. Prove your accuracy and upload a screen shot of the results screen showing you to have a perfect hit rate, 2 shots per kill is damn near perfection for the endurance of a whole game.
Now, could you help me and tell me how much allowance (holdunder/holdover) you would apply if 1. your target is up hill, 567 mtrs away and you have your scope set on either 500/600 mtrs? 2. same stats but your shooting down hill?
Ive had targets to be the exact distance away as what my scope is set to and some how have still missed/not kill the target. Now this, all too often is caused by ping times/lag etc, you know? when you off load a ton of lead into an opponent and they just turn around and kill YOU Noobs call it cheating,lol, but we all know its not, its down to lag/ping.
Regards, Rapid (not worthy) 12.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:47 PM

ask anyone who plays in somalia tkoth i am deadly accurate with my .300 mcrt and i have been known to get several consecutive 1000 meter head shots. Laying on the side of a hill or not aiming comes down to common sense when you have an odd distance such as 657 meters. You change your elevation to 700 and aim at their elbow and you hit their head! jackass put your sniper rifle up and go get and assualt rifle .
Old 12-01-2003, 01:49 PM

and it's not lag either. It's just lack of skill on your part. you unprecise fng
Old 12-01-2003, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmericanBull****er
jackass put your sniper rifle up and go get and assualt rifle .

I do, like I said, I play gunner as much as sniper. Unlike yourself, i'm not a self proclaimed genius. I play for the fun and the thrill and when I get a great (by my standards)score http://www.dfhq.net/forum/showthread...threadid=11528 I shout from the roof tops BTW, In that link you oh highness, talks of 3 shots per kill as if its some sort of accomplishment Bad memory = bad ....LMAO
Old 12-01-2003, 02:18 PM

yeah that was also about a month ago. people improve.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:21 PM

i propose an invitation to you . come the server somalia tkoth and we shall see. come in on blue team. i will be on red team. i will be in at 8pm central standard time US. when you get there ask for usmc-grunt-50
Old 12-01-2003, 03:27 PM

I have nothing to prove AS, you see, it was you who said I should put the rifle away. I have no problem in playing in a game with you but I have played KOTH and I would much prefer to be a gunner in such a game, also I am UK based so our time zones differ, rendering it unlikely for us to have a good session together, but, you never know! IMPROVING! I know what you mean, I have just lost connection to a TDM game in which I had died once and killed more than 40 at a guess, all with rifle but not at great distance. I think 'IF' the bloody server/myPC hadnt have kicked me out, I would be posting my best 'ever' score. But like fishing, it was the one that got away!,lol. Cant be proved and maybe never bettered, but thats life and lifes a bitch,lol. If you however get the chance to visit XL Normandy1944, your more likely to see me in there. Sometimes you may be impressed and others not so, depends on what mood i'm in,lol, Raving mad gunner or sneaky sniper .
kind regards, Rapid (not worthy (lol)..)12.........
Old 12-01-2003, 05:11 PM
t3 is offline t3

Send a message via ICQ to t3
Rapid12 ......
AS ...... just like to think hes the best .... no point. he'll always think it... just that sort of person....