Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:44 AM
cambreaKer is offline cambreaKer

So i made a steam guide about this patch and someone commented there that after applying the patch in both df1&2 after loading into a mission he was spinning like crazy, will you be able to fix that?
Old 10-20-2020, 02:35 PM
dmux is offline dmux

Hey Cam, I've noticed something similar when running in windowed mode. I've found that simply clicking within the game captures the mouse and makes it so I can regain control. Not sure if this is the exact problem or not, but hopefully that's helpful.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:50 PM
Verok is offline Verok

Send a message via ICQ to Verok
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambreaKer View Post
So i made a steam guide about this patch and someone commented there that after applying the patch in both df1&2 after loading into a mission he was spinning like crazy, will you be able to fix that?
Yes, such problem still persist. I'll fix it as soon as I have free time
Old 10-26-2020, 07:33 AM
hunterz is offline hunterz
aka DUZ

Send a message via ICQ to hunterz Send a message via AIM to hunterz
Would be nice if you could implement antialiasing and something like RInput: https://github.com/abort/Rinput-Library
Old 10-26-2020, 09:37 AM

just wondering - will it be possible to make the hud's size smaller? it's pretty big and obscures a big part of the screen especially in widescreen, maybe you can add an option to make the hud smaller?
Old 10-26-2020, 06:34 PM
Verok is offline Verok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterz View Post
Would be nice if you could implement antialiasing and something like RInput: https://github.com/abort/Rinput-Library
Antialising? Do you mean make game blockless? If yes, then it's almoust imposiible, because then we need rewrite whole VoxelSpace Engine, as it suses integer based calculation. Even if we'll made floating point calculation, with voxels interpolation, it will lead to huge CPU overload with poor rendering speed.

You can enable filtering for image upscaling from selected in-game resolution to your window size, by selecting in window menu "Image->Enable Filtering"

In regards mouse RInput. Thanks for advice. I've made for gameplay mode. The menu remained as it was. Also seems the "spinning" problem fixed too
Old 10-26-2020, 06:53 PM
aka DUZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verok View Post
Antialising? Do you mean make game blockless? If yes, then it's almoust imposiible, because then we need rewrite whole VoxelSpace Engine, as it suses integer based calculation. Even if we'll made floating point calculation, with voxels interpolation, it will lead to huge CPU overload with poor rendering speed.
Man, with all that knowledge you could create a multiplayer clone for DF1/2 (both inside the same client? damn ) and add all these improvements. Check this https://github.com/s-macke/VoxelSpace

But... I was talking about something like post processing, like what I did using dgvoodoo and nvidia AA: https://youtu.be/N51ccrUOnX0 You can clearly see that it's way less blocky.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:44 AM
Verok is offline Verok

Quote:
But... I was talking about something like post processing, like what I did using dgvoodoo and nvidia AA: https://youtu.be/N51ccrUOnX0 You can clearly see that it's way less blocky.
Better way is ReShade for this. But as we discussed before, I can't test it, as my GPU supports only OpenGL 4.0, and ReShade requires min 4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambreaKer View Post
just wondering - will it be possible to make the hud's size smaller? it's pretty big and obscures a big part of the screen especially in widescreen, maybe you can add an option to make the hud smaller?
It's too much work, as for this I need create new graphic resources for HUD, and I don't want do that.

I've just added ability to Hide/Show HUD by pressing Alt+F. Check it. You can also toogle HUD via window options menu (Options->Show HUD)

Also, I noticed that I don't like Raw Mouse Input, so I moved it to options menu too (Options->Raw Mouse Input)
Old 10-27-2020, 05:03 AM

oh ok, well hiding hud ability is enough so thanks!
Old 10-27-2020, 08:36 AM
aka DUZ

Nice additions Verok! I've posted the patch in the group after some days of tests.
Is it right to affirm that the patch also gives better stability, avoiding random crashes/sysdump errors? I had no crashes while using it.

Not sure if raw input is working like it should, but this is a must have for games nowadays, especially for the competitive FPS. The reason why I was testing RInput was because my mouse (Logitech Pro or Cooler Master MM710) was skipping pixels randomly and it stopped while using RInput. Thank you again.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping you will find out how to improve the overall quality of the game (pixels, LOD etc)
Our community is excited with the patch!
Old 10-27-2020, 01:20 PM
aka DUZ

Double posting for a good reason:
You could add a way to adjust saturation/vibrance. This is another common habit nowadays. dgvoodoo has an option to change it: https://prnt.sc/v84a6i and works well. I'm using vibranceGUI (https://vibrancegui.com) for years. These 2 use different methods.

Another cool thing could be a "fix" for the misaligned crosshair gap and maybe adding some crosshair color and size presets. Like: 6 colors (limegreen, white, light blue, red, yellow) and 3 different sizes (small, medium, large). I'm assuming that all this is inside the code because I never found it inside the .pff files as images.

Last edited by hunterz; 10-27-2020 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:35 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
can we get raytracing also? j/k
this is brilliant stuff
Old 10-27-2020, 07:51 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
This is sick!

Any chance you'd share the source code for those of us interested in how it works?
Old 10-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Verok is offline Verok

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
Any chance you'd share the source code for those of us interested in how it works?
Sorry, I had bad experience last time, so don't want provide any source codes for now. You can check my other patches on my GitHUB repo for old games. These patches work in the same manner.
(see https://github.com/verokster)

Main thing, is that my patch just transfers 2d image to GPU via OpenGL for scaling and filtering, and it's also it's helpfull for any post processing features and streaming. Also this patch makes several hooks to fix some errors and bugs.

Quote:
Double posting for a good reason:
You could add a way to adjust saturation/vibrance. This is another common habit nowadays. dgvoodoo has an option to change it: https://prnt.sc/v84a6i and works well. I'm using vibranceGUI (https://vibrancegui.com) for years. These 2 use different methods.
I've imported my little color adjustment window from my other patches. Never thought that it will be interesting for someone. This window is little tricky, but it covers all my needs. You can find it at Menu->Image->Color Adjustment. Hope it will be helpful for you.

Quote:
Another cool thing could be a "fix" for the misaligned crosshair gap and maybe adding some crosshair color and size presets. Like: 6 colors (limegreen, white, light blue, red, yellow) and 3 different sizes (small, medium, large). I'm assuming that all this is inside the code because I never found it inside the .pff files as images.
I think you mean problem with crosshair for DF1. Fixed. Also added color selection (works for both) Menu->Options->Crosshair Color.

Haven't add cross size, but maybe in near future
Old 10-28-2020, 07:45 PM
Verok is offline Verok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
can we get raytracing also? j/k
this is brilliant stuff
What do you mean "raytracing"? real joke?

Last edited by Verok; 10-28-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:17 AM
aka DUZ

Verok!! Amazing additions! Our community is already making use of it all! A lot helpful!
Keep hacking the code I'm always hoping you can find other graphics improvements

We'll probably try to make some noise to get THQ Nordic's attention (with a petition etc), for the last time. Would you like to put your hands in the game code and help to develop some few improvements? Like adding new resolutions, increasing the "voxel quality" etc? Or this would be too much?

The Raw Input option is not being saved. I have to enable everytime I open the game :/

Do you know why buildings start to disappear after placing more than 5-6 of them close to each other? There's any possible fix for it? Check the video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=y3qvvKqJU_I
You can see that this is not happening in lower resolutions.

Last edited by hunterz; 10-29-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:41 AM
Verok is offline Verok

Quote:
Do you know why buildings start to disappear after placing more than 5-6 of them close to each other? There's any possible fix for it? Check the video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=y3qvvKqJU_I
You can see that this is not happening in lower resolutions.
Sorry I tried find this code, but no luck. This is somehow depends on depth buffer. The more polygons, the faster they disappear. Also it depends on game resolution. As higher it is, the faster polygons disappear
Old 10-29-2020, 11:08 AM
Verok is offline Verok

Quote:
The Raw Input option is not being saved. I have to enable everytime I open the game :/
Yeah, I forgot to save this option after selection. Fixed!.
I also added key Alt+W for toogle windowed mode, as ScrollLock is not so good, especially under Wine. So now Alt+W and ScrollLock will do the same thing.

BTW. All patch options are stored in DF.INI or DF2.INI files(s)
Old 10-29-2020, 11:19 AM
Verok is offline Verok

Hm, Alt+W not a good idea for WSAD. So moved to Alt+Enter
Old 10-29-2020, 02:39 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
thanks for updates