Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Call of Duty

Call of Duty Anything about the Call of Duty / Modern Warfare series of games.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
MW2 (should be spoiler-free :P)

Wow - that's all I can say. The campaign at first seemed a bit lacking in the story telling, but it makes up for everything by overwhelming you with action and not to mention A LOT of plot twists. I often had to think about what just happened because it was that "holy sh*t". The story often plays with the idea of good and bad, and you will do both good and bad. I'm left in complete shock, but trust me... the ending's decent and not disappointing.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-09-2009, 04:32 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Wow - that's all I can say. The campaign at first seemed a bit lacking in the story telling, but it makes up for everything by overwhelming you with action and not to mention A LOT of plot twists. I often had to think about what just happened because it was that "holy sh*t". The story often plays with the idea of good and bad, and you will do both good and bad. I'm left in complete shock, but trust me... the ending's decent and not disappointing.
i agree 100% lol

p.s: don't u think makarov is a d**k?

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 12-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
i agree 100% lol

p.s: don't u think makarov is a d**k?
Yep, but I think the other guy is more of a dick (you know who he is).

Doing a bit of spec ops at the moment, but I think I'm a bit rusty as I found the campaign quite challenging on even hardened (yeah, I suck ). I do maybe want to go through it again on vet though...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 12-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I bought this game and played it until after the airport scene and can't get motivated to start again. I played a little MP also but found it's pretty much the same as COD4. It's probably the best FPS since LW for me but I think i'm just burnt out with FPS's, they are all the same. The MP maps are tiny so there is no where to go.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Wow!!!
I actually find myself agreeing with Scott
I too ran out of steam at the airport, hope to pick it up again over Christmas.

"M"
Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Im going through it again on Veteran, managed to make it through the Favella mission this time hah. The only thing im not enjoying is the US missions, but its a necessary evil in all stories, there is always a bad side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 12-10-2009, 05:18 PM

I find the US missions a bit harder on veteran because they're often full-on with lots of stuff going on, as opposed to stealthy missions with the SAS. At least vet will be easier with the without all the constant respawning enemies.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

**POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**

oh, i remember this one thing...

Ok, this was b4 i got MW2, i had a friend over, and i was playing thru the campaign on recruit, i was on one of the virginia missions, and i look over at this guy running with me up a street, his name was Cpl. Keating, so, my friend says he saw him b4, and (in a mock yell voice) says "Keating! Keating! ive seen u bef-!" (at the "-" Keating gets blown up by a grenade, and we start laughing our a$$es off).

Then, in the mission where you storm that castle type jail thing, i looked over on one of the other helicopters, and i see Cpl. Keating, im like "lol".

Then, in the mission with the white house, in the first part in the bunker where u r going to the fighting in front of the white house, i see this guy standing near a table, i see who it is, it's Keating, i'm like "wtf, first he is U.S and he gets blown up by a grenade, then he's British, then he's U.S again!"

so i knife him

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

R.I.P Murphy
Old 12-11-2009, 04:49 PM

I think there's a bunch of names that are randomly assigned. I read something about it on the CoD Wikia.

Keating was also a minor character in MW1.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:30 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

another person i saw a lot was ghost, he annoyed me in almost every mission!!! lol

R.I.P Murphy
Old 12-12-2009, 07:32 AM

I guess they're supposed to be different characters, but Ghost = Gaz?

Quote:
Old 12-12-2009, 11:54 AM
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Simon. View Post
I guess they're supposed to be different characters, but Ghost = Gaz?
i know, that got me stumped too, i swear to god that ghost sounds exactly like gaz, but then again, gaz got shot in the head with a desert eagle at the end of 4

R.I.P Murphy
Old 12-12-2009, 01:34 PM

Yeah i looked it up on COD wikia and it's the same voice actor, but they are different people. However, in the facts section, they point out a lot of similarities between Ghost and Gaz. Don't want to say too much more incase I spoil the story for someone hah

Quote:
Old 12-12-2009, 04:19 PM

They are meant to sound the same - maybe Infinity Ward did so, so you wouldn't miss Gaz? I liked him and he went well with Soap in MW2 (just as Gaz did with Price).

I've also been reading there may be a little MW2 prequel based on Ghost as well.

I think the similarities between the two (as well as the skull mask) just makes him a really interesting character, because we're all still unsure who he is.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:59 AM
"dalasmurdeR"

Gaz's son??? lol

R.I.P Murphy
Old 12-13-2009, 10:54 AM

I doubt that lmao

Quote:
Old 12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Simon. View Post
I doubt that lmao
well, if mw2 is set 5 years after mw1...

and if gaz was at least 30, and he had his kid at the age of 18 (bad choice i know) then gaz dies at the age of 30, his son (possibly ghost) would be 17 and could lie about his age to get into the army like most people do, lol, i know i put too much thought into it, but i do that all the time

R.I.P Murphy
Old 12-13-2009, 05:56 PM

Probably twin brothers or similar. Probably calls himself Ghost as a tribute to the death of Gaz, or maybe something else that'll be in his comics.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:58 PM

so at 17.. he's in the Army.. the SAS... and Taskforce 141? lmao pretty talented kid

Quote:
Old 12-13-2009, 10:32 PM

I doubt it's his son too - come on, half his genes would have came from Gaz's wife, I doubt they'd sound the same. And we're talking SAS here - they don't fool around.