Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:13 PM
tail_gunner is offline tail_gunner

How dumb can someone be?

Quote:
Here at TampaRacing.com, something pretty interesting/epic has happened that has actually already been aired on at least one syndicated morning show. Local shop owners, Aaron and Brandon, have been scammed $16,000 worth of parts, material and labor during its stay at their shop (called JapWorks). The project took about 4 1/2 months, and the vehicle was a 2004 Toyota Celica that was expected to bring the fledgling business some needed income. Unfortunately, the person thought to be the owner of the vehicle had no intention of paying the $16,000 worth of car work.

Mr Joe Dono (20 years old) had provided some parts over the course of the makeover of the vehicle, giving the impression to the shop owners that there was a possibility of payment (against their better judgement). He had also assured the shop over and over again about how his grandfather was picking up the bill in full, and that it was a present for him for college. Since there was money fronted for some of the paint job, the shop owners continued forging ahead. Mr Dono claimed that the grandfather was very adament about being "old school" and wanted the work done before paying a dime. Mr Dono was reminded repeatedly that because of the situation, the owners would have to take further risk, and invest in the project from their own bank account. Mr Dono had even posted in the forum where this incident was brought to light, about how he was waiting on the vehicle to be finished. When it was finally finished two days ago, Mr Dono had informed the shop owners that he had not signed any contract indicating that he needed to pay that amount. What happened next has spun this thread into the epic proportions that it is delivering.

When he had sent his mother to retrieve the vehicle, she was under the impression that he had paid for materials and that he had "sponsors" that were paying them to do the labor. She wanted to know why the car was taking so long because Joe had told her it was just simply getting painted. When the mother was unable to retrieve the Celica, he had sent his girlfriend over, and attempted to give a $60 down payment for the work, as well as pay off the $16,000 worth of work in installments. After that did not work, Mr Dono requested the shop owners to just leave the car outside overnight, making sure it was washed and etc.

The shop owners were/are not having any of that. As of right now, the vehicle has been towed to an alternate location to protect any theft or destruction of the countless hours that were put into fixing the vehicle up. Mr Dono still frequented the forum less than 30 minutes ago, promising that he is going to get his vehicle, (without having to pay) by the end of the week. "Mark his wurdz"

After further discussions with Mr Dono in here, it was learned that the vehicle was financed by his mother, and not actually owned by the man that does not want to pay. Things seem to still be escalating.

Yesterday, Mr Dono had come in to the shop with police officers to retrieve the vehicle without paying for it. After the owners had the Florida State Attorney speak with the officer, the officer then informed Mr Dono that he shop owners were allowed to keep the vehicle since the work put into it had not been paid. Mr Dono came back several times threatening the owners that they are going to get arrested for keeping his vehicle, all with the same result - no Celica.

As of right now, the shop owner is waiting on his mechanic's lien to come through, but, with the vehicle was still being financed, there is a likelihood that the job will be paid for by the financing company. Until the financing company pursue's this issue, the owners of the shop are currently at a risk of having their shop closed, due to the investment that was expected to come through. This is still an ongoing issue. The publicity that this seems to have spread worldwide, bringing together a large online community that was quite unexpected. This incident is becoming an internet phenomenon, only because this is not the first time Mr Dono has tried to scam someone. Mr Dono is a known scammer on many different forums for several other things he has stolen from those members.

Right now, there is a paypal open to donate, allowing the shop owners to re-coup their loss. All the information will be provided in the next few posts. Mr Dono continues to post, informing us that "mark his words" he'll get his Celica by friday. We'll see what happens.
Just though i would bring this little case to light becuase we all purchase things off sites/from people.
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ge...a-scammer.html

Twins, i asked 1, she said no so i asked her sister... And the siter said yes.. HAHA revenge!

and the rest.. well thats a mature story, but in the end i had both of them...
Old 08-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
should this be in humor area? lmfao

it take all type of people to follow through with a scam totally not thinking it be a sham job

but there been other as will who been scam for larger amount of money as will.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Umm, I am not donating a dime, duh, just another scam.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
peregrine falcon is offline peregrine falcon

thanks for the info I felt so sorry for these guys I paypal them $5K they promised to send hip waders and a shovel in return