Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Bought a new bike

Bought a bike again after 4 years of not even tuching a bike. I used to bike a 14 km run every day for a about 2 years and was fitt as heck. Now I lose breath just exiting my car (no not really that bad but close ) so I thought it's time to start exercising again.

First bought a mid priced bike, looked really cool so I thought "what the heck, i need a bike!" so off I went. Bikeride home from the store i started to notice a sound (actually noticed it outside the store already but was in a hurry) that came from the hydraulic discbrake, as I've had diskbreaks before I knew exactly what the problem was. A slight wobble in the diskbreak, less then 1 mm but it still annoyed me. Thought about it over night and went to the store again to see if they could fix it. We both tried to sort it considering I probebly had more knowlage of diskbreaks on bikes then he did. Got alot better to probebly 1/2 mm or less of a wobble.

First, mid priced bike

I still didn't feel satisfied the problem was gone so I said I wanted a return, no problem att all and he understood compleetly so I got a refound on the bike and including the assably cost.

Thought I'd have a look in the sports shop next door (not really next door but doesn't matter ) and looked a bit on bikes, really liked the Scott's bikes, met the salesman who himself was an on/offroad biker, he had a trasure of knowlage and experience, siad that I wanted a bike for onroad mostly but also offroad, mainly on forest trails. Pointed me to three Scott's bikes that he considered to be perfect, one model of which he himself owned. His model was a bit too much for my purpuse and he agreed, he recommended the model blow it (the third model was even more hard core and a serious competion bike). So I went with the "cheaper" model which still wasn't cheap by my standards. Came at a price of around USD$ 1300. Thought that it might be worth it considering how i didn't like the mid range bike, took the smaller version they had up on display for a spin around the back of their store and it was pure heven, so little resistense in the wheels and every moving part. So I fell in love instantly so I bought the 29" version of that model.

The awsomeness itself!

Looks slightly corny with the splash covers over the back wheel and on the frame behind the front wheel but they're good to have if your cought in a rainstorm while out biking the front was supposed to be another type bit these bikes anre not made to be fitted with thouse corvers so he suggested the one on the frame instead as he had done on his bike, apparently at least prevented water and dirt to be sprayed right in the riders face. Thought that sounded good so I went with that too. And a support, not a standard item for these types of bike either so not a perfect fit but does it's job

I think the model was called: Scale 29 Comp

My photography website