Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Tanya is offline Tanya

Important Help me please DFXTREME.

I have a problem and I can not figure it out.
I make lots of maps.
I do not use Nile because my English is very basic and I find it very difficult to mess with the Nile.
I use the dfVmedD editor vs.1.0.0.1
I've always used this editor to make normal maps and Mod maps for DFXTREME.
The point is I started editing a map with locomotives.
Because the terrain was very uneven, I decided to make a structure above the ground.
Well I set up all the structure, I put all the railway line, and the locomotives, I also put the trigger areas and the waypoints.
I opened the game and everything went perfect the locomotives followed their goals to the stopping point that I put.
Vltei at the editor to finish the map took a half-term to finish, saved and exported the map to test.
When I opened the game on the damn locomotives, they were all under the structure, the lines were all down and the pilots were up.
I checked the editor to check their height and everything is in the correct height, I can not figure out what's wrong.
Download the file and see the 2 photos I took one from the game and another from the editor.
Someone has an idea and can give me a solution.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:55 PM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
You need to set your Z values

Highlight item (So is Yellow) right click it "Edit Item Attributes"
You will see Position X, Y Z.
Tick Absolute Height

Now your locomotive will stay at same height, use the Z value to rise/lower the locomotive
Old 06-21-2017, 11:37 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
I have a problem and I can not figure it out.
I make lots of maps.
I do not use Nile because my English is very basic and I find it very difficult to mess with the Nile.
I use the dfVmedD editor vs.1.0.0.1
I've always used this editor to make normal maps and Mod maps for DFXTREME.
The point is I started editing a map with locomotives.
Because the terrain was very uneven, I decided to make a structure above the ground.
Well I set up all the structure, I put all the railway line, and the locomotives, I also put the trigger areas and the waypoints.
I opened the game and everything went perfect the locomotives followed their goals to the stopping point that I put.
Vltei at the editor to finish the map took a half-term to finish, saved and exported the map to test.
When I opened the game on the damn locomotives, they were all under the structure, the lines were all down and the pilots were up.
I checked the editor to check their height and everything is in the correct height, I can not figure out what's wrong.
Download the file and see the 2 photos I took one from the game and another from the editor.
Someone has an idea and can give me a solution.
As Blade has said and...

There are 2 different height values.

The Z value in most editors and cadd software is up, or height from terrain or a set point.

DF uses height from terrain and an absolute z.

This is height from a continuous steady level of the same distance from the centre of the game world "Earth" and not from the terrain (Ground).

The problem you have happens when you copy and paste or move MEd objects after placement.

To prevent future occurrences simply tick "Absolute Height" before you start editing and always check object placement with the 3D wire-frame view before saving.

EXAMPLE:

If 2 objects are set at 150m absolute zero and place next to each other near a hillside.

One may be 50m from the ground whilst the other may be 60m from ground level but both are still 150m from absolute zero.

So the opposite applies when mapping with it off - 2 objects both 150m above terrain but may be 150m and 160m from absolute zero respectively.

Last edited by Guest001; 06-21-2017 at 11:58 AM.