Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
DR.EVIL~TAG's DFX memorial

As some of you guys know, me, EE, Ice, and many other members (mostly from the WTF squad) attended Doc's DFX SO memorial on the 11th April.

We decided to take some screenshots, and we've got many to share for those who could not attend and wanted to see what it was.

I have it currently hosted here:
http://www.deltaforcegaming.com/chri..._11apr2008.rar

If you guys don't know Dr.Evil~TAG was a great member of the community, who had sadly passed away while serving in Afghanistan.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i seem to recall he pass away like some time all go, as he was serving in the arm forces there.

is this not old item? april, 11, 2007 he pass away

sorry chrispy this is a old news item

We decided to take some screenshots, and we've got many to share for those who could not attend and wanted to see what it was.

this is great and nice thing to share to others
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-12-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
is this not old item? april, 11, 2007 he pass away
No I was talking about this memorial, which was on the 11th April this year, not last year.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Chief ADFP

so what you saying you going to do this each year and five years down the road? we have it on the main news? come on chrispy it not main news item.

let the man rest in peace.

real world one would send the family some flower to use at his grave to place them onto it or to the family a Plate, letter maybe saying thanks for all the joy he made for other in the Delta Force community.

was there any real family members in this? who join in to over see it?

if this was some stunt to pull off, it has no real meaning to it. nice to think some would go out of their way to do this in a game mod/map

personnel i would have sent flower to the family and maybe a letter (with squad, members who join in sign it) as will saying we will never for get him for all times. do this each year as time go by, so they know others love him very much. that would have more meaning to it letting the family have some joy and knowing other show they love him very much too, he touch many people.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-12-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Quote:
Originally posted by William
this was some stunt to pull off, it has no real meaning to it.
Sorry but i find this highly offensive, Christa, his wife does not play games. The server was hosted by Eagle_Eye out of respect for one of the best members of this community. Doc helped in so many way's in the background of this community that you do not have a single clue on his contributions. without him the DF mods released since TXP would be 1/2 of what they are now.

He was a true hero that gave to those around him. He gave everything he had for the DF community and was learning more every day. He gave the ultimute sacrifice in Afghanistan delivering supplies to troops so they can hunt out terrorists. The knowledge and skills he had had has hurt each and very member of the DF community uppon his passing.

The server was done by his freinds for him. because we still grieve. I know because I fulking cried while in the server, EE and Chris was there as well.

Expect a server and front page news up for the next 10 years. have a problem with that?

Start reading.
Forum for Doc http://txpgone3d.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77

Thank you Chris for the screnshots, you did good and Doc would be proud of you.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 04-13-2008, 01:23 AM

Thanks for your input JET.

I didn't really know Doc personally but I know he was a good person. Not to mention he was a great friend of Eagle Eye's, and JET's - so therefore, I believe 100% he was a good friend.

When I was at the server, I remember JET not saying much or probably did not come on TS at all (my memory's a bit iffy), and I knew you were getting emotional. It's hard to cope with something like a close friend's death.

Oh, and with all due respect, you mentioned that this is not a real main news item. If this is not a real main news item, you might as well say the "RIP Otter" thread was not a main news item, you might as well say that the "BHD LAN Event" thread is not a main news item. What makes this less important? I would say this would be more of an admin's decision to decide whether this should be a main news item.

If it's not going into the main news, then I'm totally fine with that - no worries. It's fine enough being in this general forum.

And yes I was quite offended too with the "stunt" statement.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Chrispy; 04-13-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:43 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Rest in peace Doc!

My photography website

Old 04-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Chief ADFP

main news item is stating you planing on having a event ahead of time and like to have all come to it, not after the fact you already did it.

Breaking news we going to have a memorial service in (Game & Server name) for DR Evil on set date and time. did this happen was it posted here? for all to read?

have a link for all get the mod and map for this event as will would be a great ID and a plus for all to remember him by to as will.

next year if you all going to have this event again and posted date and time for all to come to it, yes it would be on the main news! ahead of time. not after that fact you all did it. thats my point

personnel: i have to ask did any of you all send his wife any flower to her? she love him too and was his life long partner. he was marry to her and she was next to him good days and bad days. i would think Dr Evil would love it!! if you love him so much you would have sent her some flowers. its the right thing to do!!

leaving her out totally and not showing any good heart feeling is in bad taste to me, try to think of her next time! even if she don't play the game she love him very much too beside she was there next time him with all the love to keep him going, don't leave her out of it. i know she don't play the game but you should still ask her any how, its call good manners not blowing her off do to she don't play the game. don't think DR Evil care much for that ether.

send her a INTERNET post card, flowers, mail a litter to her to remind her of the love all felt for him. even ask her anyway to come to the event if she don't show its ok, at lease you all ask her to come. she love him too more then you can ever know.

some of you'll had his home telephone number and i bet some of you all so known he's home address too. send some love her way as will. she love him more then any of you all, 20yrs down the road of life she be still thinking of him too.

not going to say anymore on this, all should share thier love with all in this. not one sided

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-13-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
main news item is stating you planing on having a event ahead of time and like to have all come to it, not after the fact you already did it.
Do the rest of your fellow staff agree with this statement (just out of curiousity)?

I also find that the assumption of "leaving his wife out" to be quite offensive too - both to me, and both to JET.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Chief ADFP

we all have own point of view on this chrispy

some may agreed with it and other may disagreed way it was handle.

not offensive at all, if you think it was then so be it.

my point of view don't have to be the same way you think.

he live and did great things in life and server his country with pride!

she may not been a gamer but she share a greater part of him in life.

she crys for him on this great day as will, if not more then the rest of us do! i think she may be feeling really bad this time of the year as will is all. this time of the year it would be really nice people show her how much they love him too. by a letter/ e-mail/ internet postcard something, other then no then at all. like stated in other post above.........she don't play the game, there other ways to tell her how much you love him as will.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-13-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:09 PM
ronbo191 is offline ronbo191

I never meet "Doc", but from what I hear all over the gaming community he was a very well loved man. What Chrispy and Jet did was a very touching moment for all of us at WTF. Cut him some slack m8. Next year we will let everyone know a head of time. This was a last minute thought and that is why it was not posted anywhere. How about we get a donation going next time and send a truckload of flowers and an E card signed by all of us in the gaming community to his wife?
Old 04-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
chief bro i think you are out of line here, doc was a great member of the community but more importantly he died defending our country. if his squadmates want to remember him by hosting an annual match, that is great. next year let us @ NHQ know ahead of time and we will have no problem posting it in the main news

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
chief bro i think you are out of line here, doc was a great member of the community but more importantly he died defending our country. if his squadmates want to remember him by hosting an annual match, that is great. next year let us @ NHQ know ahead of time and we will have no problem posting it in the main news
Matt did i over look something here?

what annual match? were was that posted?

i said many time he was a great person and he server the country with Pride? were did i not say that?

i was talking they could have done so much more is all, beside give us a heads up on this before it happens so it be in the main news area when it come around.

no i don't see were i was out of line Matt sorry, from my point of view i really think! they could do so more in his name.

i know Dr "evil" was a great person as said in most of my post above.
=============
thinking about this and your right Matt maybe i was out of line, there only so much they can do. so many lost their lives in war and no one care about the person family or wifes and kids, would be great some times they get a letter letting them know their lost one never be foregotten. as in Dr Evil case.

they could recorded all that was said in TS and video record all (on a Double layer DVD-R DL) who show up in the Server to send to the wife, but thats asking to be too much to do for some one who is so greatly love as DR "evil" or send a letter to the late Dr "evil" wife..maybe next year they think doing a extra item something to send to her.

i'll tell you this!! if KillerBee lost his life in some other country! fighting a good fight and lost his life! i would be very happy to send flowers to his mom and dad or family wife & Kids (if he had any) once a year, why he really a good hearted person who do anything for others as will, put his life on the line for us all. Dr Evil i'll would do the same for him...

edited the name of Dr "Evil", spell checker goof it up lol

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-14-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:21 PM

Matt. you are a true people person. I like you....

Last edited by ronbo191; 04-13-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I want to play in it

I feel that it is a great way to remember him
Old 04-13-2008, 11:58 PM

I know what you said wasn't meant to be offensive but it just happened to be. Don't feel bad, it's all okay.

I wish that you could could have been informed prior to the memorial but like Ronbo said it was one of those last-minute decision sorta things.

By the way, Dr Evil, not Devil, lol.

Hopefully I'll see you next year in his memorial ath. There was a DFX SO and a JO IC4 one on the 11th, but it might be different next year - not too sure.

I'm sure Eagle Eye had a chat log of everyone who said something in the server, so maybe he can put that up in public some time. I know I've said my bits.

Thanks for your input everyone.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Luckz is offline Luckz

Send a message via AIM to Luckz Send a message via Yahoo to Luckz
In the DF2 community, Evil was very close with us here at NBK. I remember playing many BFL leagues against him and TAG. I often spend much time in tag's team speak and i still find it saddening to remember his death. He was a great friend

SOTW #1 Winner

Old 04-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Chief ADFP

thanks for pointing that out the name chrispy i fix it

you know i had a id, only a id next time when you all host it next year, host it for a whole week long that way all can come in on their own time.

if you use babstats or something it would log-in who came-in the server i think. you have a full listing of players who came in to it. only a Id

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-14-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:21 AM

William's idea is brilliant Chris. Next year you can do and early post at a few sites. Maybe EE can give us the map he used too. We can also put up Allen's home address, if his wife ok's it, and gamers from all over the world can write to her and show her how many people Allen's life has touched. I think this will fill her heart with joy knowing that Allen's memory will live with us forever..
Old 04-14-2008, 01:50 AM

Yeah, it's a good idea.

And by the way William, how long it goes for is Eagle Eye's decision, since he hosted it. He let it run for 36 hours which is enough to cover all time zones. Don't know how long next year will run, but 36 hours was enough. But the more longer, the more better, anyway.