Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Long is offline Long

Some ideas for the remastered version

Basically I would like to ask you guys some features about the project.
So what I am wondering is :
● Should I use the standard health of DF (3 lvl health) or a auto-regenerate HP like COD and BF ?
● Should NPC drop weapons on death and you can pick them up ?
● Should player throw grenades,flashbangs,smoke instantly or can pull them out first ? ( Like what DF had )
● Same question above with melee.
● Third view play ?
● VR ???? (lol just jk)
● Coop campaign ?
Technically that's all I am wondering. If you guys have anymore ideas about the features of the game please let me know
Old 01-23-2017, 02:43 AM
City Ace is offline City Ace

You should use the auto regenerating health: not my personal preference, because most games today use that. Firstly, you dont have to worry about placing the health pickups, and trust me, those health pickups are tricky to place, and your simple design error might frustrate those who are playing it because they are not able to pass the mission! So auto health re-gen= Better idea.
And nope, i dont think you should put those replacable weapons in the missions. Its better to go with the classic DF style loadout before the mission where you choose your weapons.
Grenades, flashbangs should have a realistic animations like the recent games do, not like the games of the early 2000s.
Third veiw play? I dont think so. You already have the well built foundation of a game, and again including a third veiw play will need a different mechanics, animations which is not needed, because high ambitions leads to one's failure.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Ace View Post
You should use the auto regenerating health: not my personal preference, because most games today use that. Firstly, you dont have to worry about placing the health pickups, and trust me, those health pickups are tricky to place, and your simple design error might frustrate those who are playing it because they are not able to pass the mission! So auto health re-gen= Better idea.
And nope, i dont think you should put those replacable weapons in the missions. Its better to go with the classic DF style loadout before the mission where you choose your weapons.
Grenades, flashbangs should have a realistic animations like the recent games do, not like the games of the early 2000s.
Third veiw play? I dont think so. You already have the well built foundation of a game, and again including a third veiw play will need a different mechanics, animations which is not needed, because high ambitions leads to one's failure.
Well DF health lvl actually did make the game harder in some ways lol. Auto-regenerate HP means harder AI and NPC. And what about the ammo ? Should it be picked up as well ? Or maybe steal it from dead teammate
Old 01-23-2017, 03:01 AM
City Ace is offline City Ace

No. There should not be any replacable weapons in-mission.
Edit: Ammo should be with the "Pick Up Ammo" system. No taking ammo from dead guys. The amount of characters that the DFs had are huge and if ammo becomes replenishible with the dead guys, players wont even run out of ammo! Even the ammo pickups that DF had in its missions are in large amount due to which, not a single time i was out of ammo. So one design concept for you is to add some bit of difficulty in the game through minimal ammo pickups so that players would starve for ammo and use their ammo wisely.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:02 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Ace View Post
No. There should not be any replacable weapons in-mission.
I mean the ammobox
Old 01-27-2017, 08:48 PM
grenadier501 is offline grenadier501
JO mod maker

replying according to my likings and in the order you asked:

*i would preffer both health system, but make it vary depending on mission.
*Yes make Npc drop weapons on death so i have the chance to pick up one in case i'm running low of ammo on my default mission weapon.
*Player should throw grenades instantly with a realistic animation.
*Player should be able to melee with any weapons, plus of having melee only weapons like knifes.
*I would preffer it like in joint operations, 1st person only when on foot, 1st and 3rd person when driving vehicles.
*VR, nah
*Coop campaign? what a question. yeeess of course!! a game of this style is not a game if it doesn't have cooperative mode to me ;v
*also more realistic moves to the ai would be cool, and a navigation system so they don't get stuck on buildings or things. Make them melee attack when they're close to their enemies, that would be cool too.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Long is offline Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadier501 View Post
replying according to my likings and in the order you asked:

*i would preffer both health system, but make it vary depending on mission.
*Yes make Npc drop weapons on death so i have the chance to pick up one in case i'm running low of ammo on my default mission weapon.
*Player should throw grenades instantly with a realistic animation.
*Player should be able to melee with any weapons, plus of having melee only weapons like knifes.
*I would preffer it like in joint operations, 1st person only when on foot, 1st and 3rd person when driving vehicles.
*VR, nah
*Coop campaign? what a question. yeeess of course!! a game of this style is not a game if it doesn't have cooperative mode to me ;v
*also more realistic moves to the ai would be cool, and a navigation system so they don't get stuck on buildings or things. Make them melee attack when they're close to their enemies, that would be cool too.
Thank you for your feedback.
Well now there's a guy above who would prefer not to pick up weapons from NPC and stick with weapon chosen from menu