Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-28-2002, 07:38 AM
Zeus is offline Zeus

Sad Getting Rid of STOCK MAPS

I have installed and uninstalled my game a few times lately hoping to fix my constant SYS DUMPS and when I go to host some maps on DF4 TFD, those STOCK maps are still there after I use the PROGRAM TO DELETE ALL THE STOCK MAPS, Why are they still in my FOLDER/GAME?????? I'm up-to-date on all UPDATING, just need to figure out y they are still there!
Old 12-28-2002, 03:29 PM
staffy bull is offline staffy bull

not sure which prog your using to delete stock maps so all i can say is i use this 1 with no probs m8 http://www.dfhq.net/php/utilities/?a...085669fb0c1f1c
Old 12-29-2002, 08:04 AM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
If you use PFF extractor you dont delete the maps you extract them to a location you specifie. When you want to delete them extract them to yer desktop p/e and then highlight the files and then press delete.
Thats all i know bout the PFF.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 12-29-2002, 05:02 PM
Zeus is offline Zeus

I got rid of them before, I used the UFP MULTI DELETE program but when I reinstalled the TFD it seemed to have put them back and I deleted them again with the program but it didn't get rid of them this time around
Old 12-30-2002, 11:50 AM
da.kurupt is offline da.kurupt

Send a message via ICQ to da.kurupt
why do u want to get rid of stocks...thats what i dont understand....all these damn custom servers...can never find a stock server..so i dont play pubs..just matches
Old 12-30-2002, 01:29 PM
WiCkEd is offline WiCkEd

Send a message via ICQ to WiCkEd
Thats cuz your a NoOb! Customs are awesome man.See my theory with customs are this:

When it comes to matches (WE) play 2 customs ours,2 customs theyres & 1 stock as a tiebreaker if needed.Or for a smaller match we play 1 of ours and 1 of theyres and 1 stock.The way i see it is when your playing a custom match you have no idea about the map your about to walk into,you need stratedgy built very quickly,you have to be very stealth in observing things in this new territory youve never seen b4.Unless you happen to agree to exchange maps a week in advance which we mainly do not we normally just take on whatever whereever,as far as stocks go grrrr everyone and theyre great great great granmothers know these maps,boring!!!!Then you play against sum of these squads in stock and the first stock most importantly.Ok when u pop your head up over the first hill heading to the zone and then BAM your dead,the guy wasnt even viewable to you let alone him getting a headshot as you peek over the hill w/ a saco or any other auto gun.....That irritates me,lmao!Remember guyz this is just my opinion here not meant for a war,lol.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:07 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Theres a point in it. I rarely play the stock maps. I like custom bttr. Some of them have awesome things , buildings and stuff in them. And i rarely encounter glitches in them except for the all known glitches that also appear in stock maps.

Were else you find heavy CQB maps? I nvr encountered them on stock maps.

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 01-01-2003, 12:26 AM
da.kurupt is offline da.kurupt

Send a message via ICQ to da.kurupt
rofl im a n00b?...*sigh*..playing custom matches=noob squad...come play stocks with the big boys and get crushed

ku out
Old 01-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Zeus is offline Zeus

Stock maps are good for MATCHES cause they RARELY contain the glitches custom maps have, but playing them are LAME, I'm a CQB person myself so having to run a mile to kill someone is kinda gay! My opinion!!

LO AND BEHOLD I did get rid of those nasty stock maps aGAIN!!! Was just a matter of time.......