Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-21-2002, 06:08 PM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
DFBHD.DK Releases 2nd E2 SP Map

DFBHD.DK Releases 2nd E2 SP Map

DFBHD.DK the Exclusivly a DFBHD site with all the maps and utils. you need to get the full benefit of this great game. We are also home of the Episode II MOD or better known as [E2 MOD] always here to serve you in the best way has released our second SP map( E2 MOD Required)
CALLED "SNOWY HILLS" the first snow map for BHD. So come on over to
www.dfbhd.dk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snowy_hillsadd.jpg (35.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-22-2002, 01:17 AM
Romeo Eight Jul is offline Romeo Eight Jul

Send a message via Yahoo to Romeo Eight Jul
Ok, here's the skinny (no pun intended) on the E2 mod these guys have made. I just downloaded and played it. I've only seen three SP maps for it, and I've played two of them. Hawk is Down is the best, as far as I'm concerned. It's basically you, dropped off on the outskirts of a Somali town, and you have to find the Blackhawk that's been shot down. Very nicely laid-out town, pretty good enemy placement. BUT. I will list some things here you may not like. The "Somalis" are the Red team from the MP demo. And they carry no visible weapons. Kinda funny-looking to see them aiming (and firing) an invisible CAR. Some of them have invisible RPG's. These guys look no different from the rest, so you gotta stay frosty to avoid getting a rocket up the @$$. Some of the enemies RESPAWN. In about 30 seconds. So the key to getting through this mission is this: KEEP moving. It's safe to stop and reload and scan an area, only so long as you are in a place where you cannot see the enemy, or see the enemy's body. All in all, not a bad map at all to tide you over until BHD is released.

Now, on to the other map I played: Overload. This is more of a "jungle at dusk" sort of map. You're dropped off near a base, and the orders are to kill all the Tangos in the base. It's kinda hard to see them, since there's vegetation everywhere, it's dusk, AND they're wearing all black. SO. I used NVG's on this one, just so I could see a little better. Good news...No RPG's, and no respawning enemies. Just a straightforward "kill 'em all" mission.

The last map is called Snowy Hills, which honestly, is out of place in this game, I think. Which is why I didn't download it.

The E2 mod is easy to set up, and works pretty well, so if you want some SP action in DF: BHDMPD, go get it.

Old 11-22-2002, 06:33 PM

Romeo Eight Jul,

Hi there and thank you for your comments. This is the first try at making the SP maps and yes there are some issues to be worked on. At least players who want some first play action with or withour visible AI weapons have the chance. I am sure Vlad our main map maker and the MOD creator of MOD1 and Episode 2 realizes these issues and will be working to correct them .Snow in Somalia, well would not think not but you can never fool Mother Nature.
Again thank you for your comments they are well accepted.

Old 11-22-2002, 07:42 PM

SSGWarHog, Despite the fact that I did point out some errors, I like it. I just figured that I'd post a "review" of the E2 mod, so that others who are interested, but have slower connections, can look at the review before they commit to downloading a large file. It does have some errors, or problems, but overall, it's very good. As for the snow, I just don't see putting snow in a game based on a battle that happened in Africa. But, as far as Hawk is Down goes, I ate that up! I want more like it!
Old 11-22-2002, 07:50 PM

Romeo Eight Jul...

Yes thank you very much for yor comments. The issues you state are constructive and things that all of us have to deal with playing on line.

Thank you again.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:33 PM

SSGWarHog...I believe I just found another issue with the E2 mod...I played an hour ago or so and everything was fine. Then about 20 minutes ago, I downloaded the BHD map editor, extracted it into my BHD folder, and now, when I start the mod, the following happens:

I start with 0 Health

There are NO buildings, bushes, enemies, etc. in sight.

I can see the tip of the CAR's barrel at the bottom of my screen, but that's it.

I can perform NO actions at all, I hear a windows bell (the "you screwed SOMETHING up" sound).

Pretty d@mn odd. Figured I'd let you know about it. The mission editor was off the DFHQ BHD files page. Hope this helps you guys figure out/fix problems or bugs with the mod.

As for me, I'm going to go uninstall and reinstall BHD and the mod...and this time, the map editor isn't coming along for the ride.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:35 PM

Romeo Eight Jul

Thanks again for your reply.

I have cut and pasted your reply on www.dfbhd.dk

Positive responses like yours are well taken and appreciated.

The show must go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2002, 11:19 PM

Here's what that looked like on my screen...it's a little different, as I couldn't get the gun barrel in the picture, but it's basically the same...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oddity.jpg (49.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-23-2002, 12:04 PM

Romeo-Response from Vlad

I just got a response from Vlad the map maker here is what he says"

have done all above described actions,
and do not have any problems... All works correctly. Probably you do something wrong.
SP game required always to begin with
"startSP.bat" file.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:54 PM

Okeydoke...but here's the thing: BEFORE I put the map editor in my BHD folder, the E2 mod worked fine. StartSP.bat is what I use to start it, just like it says in the install guide on the dfbhd.dk site. BUT. AFTER I installed the map editor, the E2 mod would NOT work. I tried a few different things to try to get it to work, and it didn't. I know for a fact that I didn't install the mod incorrectly or try to use the wrong .bat file to start the mod. It is an issue with the E2 mod and the BHD Map Editor. That's what I'm telling you. Perhaps Vlad, or whoever programmed the mod, will want to look into this so that in the future, you can have both the mod AND the map editor.I didn't do something wrong, as Vlad suggests, because if I HAD, the mod wouldn't have worked at all for me. The problem is a conflict between the mod and the map editor, I'm sure.