Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Cool Tribute to the Marines

Tribute to the Marines

A tribute to the United States Marine Corps and the reasons why they are superior to the many organizations of the world . . .

* United States Marine Corps Birthday: 10 NOVEMBER 1775 *

1) Best haircut. Hands down. You can't have a bad hair day with a high and tight. And you spend less on shampoo.

2) Dress blues. They're the coolest uniforms in any military worldwide.

3) Bloused trousers. Another distinctive Marine look that sets the proudest service members apart.

4) The rest of the Marine sea bag. From the Alphas to the camouflage utilities, uniforms just look better on a Marine than any other service member.

5) Marines don't wear dungarees.

6) Most respect I. When the Marines pulled out of Haiti and Somalia, the media reported the U.S. military was pulling out -- as if tens of thousands of Army troops weren't still in the country. Now that's respect.

7) Most respect II. When the Corps came back to Haiti after 60 years, an old man on the Cap-Haitien beach said ``Welcome back!''

8) Toughest mascot. The Marine Corps' is a bulldog. The Navy's: a goat.

9) Esprit de Corps. Even if you can't spell it or pronounce it, the Marine Corps has it in spades. One example: When sailors get tattoos, they do it to express their individuality, and their choices range from Betty Boop and Mickey Mouse to raging sea serpents. When Marines get tattoos, they do it to express their solidarity, and choose bull dogs, ``death before dishonor,'' and ``USMC.''

10) Best war monument: Iwo Jima

11) The Marines invade, then go home. The Army has to do the occupying.

12) The silent drill team. Just watching them ply their trade makes you want to wear dress blues.

13) Status. Sailors live and work on ships. Marines go for cruises -- then hit the shore.

14) Best fast attack vehicles: LAVs.

15) Best fighting knife: Ka-Bar.

16) Best duty assignments: Okinawa, Kaneohe Bay, Camp Pendleton, Diego Garcia, Moscow, North Carolina. Plus any ship at sea.

17) Worst duty assignments: Okinawa, Kaneohe Bay, Camp Pendleton, Diego Garcia, Moscow, North Carolina. Plus any ship at sea.

18) Most exotic duty assignments: Kuala Lumpur, The White House.

19) Best phone number. Call 1-800-MARINES and you've got the Corps. And if you're a civilian with the character to be a Marine, a recruiter there will be happy to sign you up.

20) Toughest DI's. (Drill Instructors). They're so tough that when the Navy wants to train its officers, who do they call? 1-800-MARINES.

21) Toughest boot camp. When San Diego was still training Navy recruits, legend has it that recruits occasionally would jump the fence and accidentally land in Marine boot camp. The Marines would keep them a couple of days, and when the recruits were sent back, they were ready to be sailors!

22) Best motivational cries: Ooh-rah! - Attack! - Kill!

23) Best emblem: Eagle, Globe and Anchor. (Air, Land and Sea)

24) Best campaign covers: The Smokey Bear hat.

25) Separate heads for enlisted and officers. Everywhere else, officers and enlisted use the same pot.

26) The only official, congressionally sanctioned hymn for any of the services: ``The Marines' Hymn.''

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 05-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Becuz ar ooniforms ar more pertier
Old 05-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I f'n hated inspection. I was dirty Marine. I lived outside most of time in the dirt and sand. I could have given a ratts behind about my dress uniforms. The history I cared about but I didn't give a shart about dressing up.

Last edited by Trojan; 05-03-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet

Hoo-rah...
Old 05-04-2005, 03:05 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

A superb fighting force with a long and noble tradition!!!!

Warmest Regards
Old 05-04-2005, 07:09 AM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
didn't give a shart about dressing up.

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:25 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Haha :P

Buz cut is the way to go.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

I loved training. I savored every moment. I could have accomplished any goal infront of me back then. It was all about mind over matter. Eventually the pain went away and you took that next step one after the other. Always striving to learn and physically adapt and overcome any obsticle. My life changed forever. I graduated high in my classes and was meritoriously awarded my first 6 months in. I've been to many countries. I was trained to become Special Operations Capable. I had a bright future and could have set my mind to do anything I could think of. Special times they were. I thought about life, God, Country, Corps, Family, Friends and death. I wanted to sacrifice myself so our Nation would sleep with an easy feeling at night. I signed my name on the dotted line for every American and their families heritage. I was worldly then as I am now. That I have been since elementary school. Playing Army with the little plastic Army men. Then G.I.Joe. I always had an Enemy like I've always had an ally. Something bred into me. Times weren't going so good for me after my senior year in high school. I actually lost two friends to death that year. The life I was living tempted my own fate. I needed a cause. I wanted to be a man at 18. Hell, I had several older girl friends and grew up pretty fast. I was actually thinking of marriage at 18. I wish I could go back . But to cut this short, because I just realized I could sit here and type for a while, heh. I wont.

I turned 19 in bootcamp. I was small, fast and mean. I've never lost a fight man to man. And I learned how to sanction all of my emotions into one. I've called it personal mythology. When you feel the Unity in something, you would die to protect it.

Thanks for posting guys. This I like to discuss every now and again..

~Semper Fi~

Who killed Kennedy? damn

Old 05-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Send a message via Yahoo to Buzz
Yeah I did 4 years 7 months and 2 days was deffinetly interesting although I glad I didn't have to use the same head as the officers.....Since all they did was sit around drink coffee and tell us what to do while they sat around collecting fat checks to do nothing hehehe those "A"holes
Buzzzzzzz
Old 05-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

My Loui was a great guy from Mississippi. I thought the world of him..

Old 01-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

I came back 9 months later to read a part of my history, heh. I must have thought I was some kind of tough guy or something.

Never underestimate the other guy!!

Old 01-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Terry is offline Terry

i like the american marines uniform, looks cool. tho my fav military uniform has to be the royal marines #1's over here (or their dress uniform or blues as they always used to be known.)

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 01-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
my brother would have been a marine, but they offered him less than the army, nice tribute trojan

Old 01-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Thanks for responding fellas. After that first year they had me in schools and was meritoriously awarded. The United States Government could have sent me on any mission, for any reason to live or to die. I'll spend the rest of my life looking for an outfit like that again! I think they passed over a damn fine Marine. But then again my PVT. and PFC days is when I saw most of the action and consumed the knowledge I needed to wear my id card in my left breast pocket. It was better than a Passport with a license to kill when ordered.