Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > Feedback / Novahq.net Support

Feedback / Novahq.net Support Feedback & Questions for the staff

Old 07-11-2005, 04:06 AM
miaebow is offline miaebow

Send a message via Yahoo to miaebow
Wink Ratings Question

Hi Guys/Gals, so tell me people why have you not rated my "Eternal-Damnation" map?

Inquiring minds need to know. lol

Thx

Carl
Old 07-11-2005, 06:13 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

It isnt waiting to be approived so i assume its been approved with no rating.

I know the map rating situation is under review after some suggestions were raised by Novahq members, im not sure if as part of that weve temporarily stopped revieing them..

But more than likely its because the reviewer felt they couldnt give a true rating by the screenshot. Unfortunatley we can only rate by the screenshot purely based on the numbers of maps we get.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:34 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

by looking at the screenshot of the map u submitted, i couldnt even give it a rating and im a map maker.. simple reason - u dont see enough of the map u see a small area, try next time to get a screenshot that shows a large area of the map so its easier to see it all
Old 07-11-2005, 11:41 AM

Biggrin

Ok then, I've updated the screen shot. It takes in almost all of the map, will that do it?

Thx

Carl
Old 07-11-2005, 02:41 PM
BB

u will hav 2 wait and c
Old 07-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
I looked and still can't give it a rating. Sorry but it looks like poop to me. I'll let one of the other guys decide. It's the worst I've seen from you thus far. Congrats on the featured map though and thanks for being such a supporting member.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 07-11-2005, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
I looked and still can't give it a rating. Sorry but it looks like poop to me. I'll let one of the other guys decide. It's the worst I've seen from you thus far. Congrats on the featured map though and thanks for being such a supporting member.
All that confirms to me is that you can't tell how good or bad a map is from a picture.

Carl
Old 07-11-2005, 08:07 PM
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by miaebow
All that confirms to me is that you can't tell how good or bad a map is from a picture.

Carl
dont bring this issue up again please,

and yes u can tell if a map is good or bad by screenshot, whenever i download maps for server i look at the screenshot to decide, not the rating
Old 07-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Like i said, the process for rating maps, and displaying them is currently under review. The fundamental problem we have is that there is not enough time to download them, play them and rate them. When you continully ratng maps by the screenshot, you do get very cluey about the map, from a screenshot you can tell if theres any special atmosphere, if the building suit the theme, for the most part building and object alignment etc etc

The idea behind rating from a screenshot had multiple ramafacations which is why we went that route. We found that mostly users will download a map based on the screenshot themselves, and not on our rating, by rating by the screenshot, were trying to enocourage the map makers to submit the screenshot that best identifiews the map, not only for us, but we know users decide more on what they can see rather than what weve given it.

Currently by default the maps are displayed newest first and not by rating for that reason, the user can determine how the want the maps sorted but they have to make the effort, again, most users just tend to start looking therouh the maps and not worry about sorting them by rating.

Its also why in recent history the User interacton with the map database was developed, this allows users to rate it themselves and post their comments, we actuvely encourage users to post about maps theyve downloaded and encourage them to look at the comments before downloading them. We figured that multiple gamers giving opinions will form a better cross section and more accurate review than we ever could, even if we were sitting here 24/7...

SO we are aware that there are some issues and are working theorugh them, we have made vast improvments in recent histrory and will be continuoly looking to improve the site, but unfortunatley its not a quick process and takes time. Although if you have suggestions were all ears (figuratively speaking of course )
Old 07-11-2005, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
Like i said, the process for rating maps, and displaying them is currently under review. The fundamental problem we have is that there is not enough time to download them, play them and rate them. When you continully ratng maps by the screenshot, you do get very cluey about the map, from a screenshot you can tell if theres any special atmosphere, if the building suit the theme, for the most part building and object alignment etc etc

The idea behind rating from a screenshot had multiple ramafacations which is why we went that route. We found that mostly users will download a map based on the screenshot themselves, and not on our rating, by rating by the screenshot, were trying to enocourage the map makers to submit the screenshot that best identifiews the map, not only for us, but we know users decide more on what they can see rather than what weve given it.

Currently by default the maps are displayed newest first and not by rating for that reason, the user can determine how the want the maps sorted but they have to make the effort, again, most users just tend to start looking therouh the maps and not worry about sorting them by rating.

Its also why in recent history the User interacton with the map database was developed, this allows users to rate it themselves and post their comments, we actuvely encourage users to post about maps theyve downloaded and encourage them to look at the comments before downloading them. We figured that multiple gamers giving opinions will form a better cross section and more accurate review than we ever could, even if we were sitting here 24/7...

SO we are aware that there are some issues and are working theorugh them, we have made vast improvments in recent histrory and will be continuoly looking to improve the site, but unfortunatley its not a quick process and takes time. Although if you have suggestions were all ears (figuratively speaking of course )
Thank you Mike for that in depth and informative reply. Keep up the good work guys.

Carl
Old 07-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Eternal-Damnation | By miaebow
Screen Shot | TDM, TKOTH Delta Force Black Hawk Down Team Sabre

The premise for this one is simple, you've been cast into hell for your sins with no escape. Even after dying you're recast into the pit, time and time again. Your only salvation is to work as a team and send the others through that hell. Enjoy

Old 07-12-2005, 10:40 AM
BB

i would give that 4 stars, because the top is very empty, also all the fire in the middle could cause screenlag for slower PCs
Old 07-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

4 stars is only 1 from the best rating we could give which is 5 stars. Are you sure?

Old 07-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
If i can jump in here, i'd give it a 3.5 due to the fact that it's fairly simple yet it has its own uniqueness.
It looks like a killer head on head battle for two teams, i'd play it.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
lol troj u blind? fonts huge on ur title bar haha

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 07-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

huh? lol. What theme are you using? I didn't do anything special. Should be normal font bro.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

He's talking about the Webpage title on your browser (the screenshot).
Old 07-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

oh! lmao. Trying not to go blind bro. My eyes are good. Thanks Jeff, I was fused.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

I'd hate to know your resolution :P
Old 07-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Your the first netscape user ive known since 2000 troj