Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 05-21-2005, 11:55 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

eek Is there a future for DF?

After the shocking and truly awful Delta Froce Xtreme is there any future left for this series of games?

Don't get me wrong I've played on every version of the Delta Force series and really enjoyed them but it appears to me that Nova are now rapidly running out of new ideas and this latest effort offers nothing new in my humble opinion.

Regards
Old 05-26-2005, 10:11 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Novalogic thinks there is. I wonder how much money they have lost putting out truely crappy games after BHD.

That game is still awesome
Old 05-26-2005, 10:31 AM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

I believe a game with same or greater gaming capacity as BF2 but gaming engine of BHD.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 05-26-2005, 11:03 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
as a novalogic resource site...should we be bashing them in this way? i think we should support them rather bash them. but, thats just my opinion.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Darksniper75 is offline Darksniper75

Lol, the DFX engine is great, mod tools are lacking, but the engine itself has the best open terrain ever, name a game which has the same level of openess! As a sniper you just gotta love it. Everything is modable, DFX also, there will come some great mods for it, and to be honest, for the 20$ you get alot of game. An official upfate for the ranges will make mp fun again also. But the bashing is not funded, at least that is my opinion.

Btw MrGarretts mod brings it close to the old DF2. And I know a bunch of guys are working to modify it so we can rejoy those great moments of DF 2 wuith the new engine!

Cheers
Old 05-26-2005, 12:40 PM
"ath-hole"

Edge it is constructive criticism. They won't get a hint if no one tells them.

That is why I said that I liked BHD, Df2 and comanche...if I wanted to bash em I'd email them or post on their site.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:37 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quote:
Edge it is constructive criticism. They won't get a hint if no one tells them.
I totally agree bro!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 05-27-2005, 08:40 AM
"ath-hole"

Plus if they don't want angry customers, they should fix the glitches in their programs. Microsoft does...(kinda). I realize it is more expensive but concept is the same...
Old 05-28-2005, 11:35 AM
SwTIntercept is offline SwTIntercept

Send a message via ICQ to SwTIntercept
maybe if they came out with a "Desert Storm" version or the new Iraqi war, BHD was about Samalia, JO was about ..uh..uh Idonesia, how about get the current DFX engine and make one about the Iraqi War if they are runnin out of Ideas.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:39 PM
"ath-hole"

They need to get a new engine all together.

BF-2 is going to kill NL that is why they came out with Df-X so early.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Darksniper75 is offline Darksniper75

Will not kill it, but it will be serious competition, if EA has listened to the fans, it probably will be a better game, even it was only for the great mod tools they will deliver at shipping time.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
They need to get a new engine all together.

BF-2 is going to kill NL that is why they came out with Df-X so early.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
I can almost guarentee you that Novalogic has not lost money on any game they made.

I truthfully hope there is a future for the DF series, I love the hill running DF series.

Maybe we can get a new flight sim from Nova?

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 05-29-2005, 09:11 PM
"ath-hole"

There are like 0 flight sims out there that are decent.

IL-2 sucks.... I loved Comanche Gold but when NL released C4 and didn't listen to the customer's on their beta....they lost a ton of customers.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:29 AM
miaebow is offline miaebow

Send a message via Yahoo to miaebow
I'm going to predict something here, but first are we playing the same game Maddog? When you say shockingly awful, is it because your computer can't handle the smoothness of the helicopters rising and handling. Or maybe its the vehicles themselves you object to. Whatever the reason for bashing DFX, we are clearly not getting the same experience from the playing of this extremely good game.

As for my prediction, we haven't seen the best from Nova yet, because computers (as they stand at the moment) are not quite up to the task of delivering the excitement that is so obviously craved by those that love the DF series. However, when the "Internet 2" comes along and we're all playing on duel processor computers with absolutely no lag and a gaming experience that will blow you away, then and only then will you see a game that will be played by millions world wide.

Until that day I'm happy to play with very professional games and am grateful to Nova for being so good at what they do. In conclusion, the simple answer to your original question is YES, a very big future.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:46 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

It's Baddog bro and I can't see anything new in this latest offering from Novalogic in my humble opinion.

As for my computer? Well it's brand new and runs any game extremely well so it's nothing to do with that I just think it's not a very good game.

I guess it's all down to personal taste!!!!

Regards
Old 06-01-2005, 05:00 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
It's Baddog bro and I can't see anything new in this latest offering from Novalogic in my humble opinion.

As for my computer? Well it's brand new and runs any game extremely well so it's nothing to do with that I just think it's not a very good game.

I guess it's all down to personal taste!!!!

Regards
I apologise for that genuine mistake Baddog, I typed in what I thought your name was and never looked closely enough. You are right of course, it is down to personal taste I'm of the opinion though that you're not giving this game a fair shake, or perhaps you expected something other than the same old kill or be killed genre we've come to expect from Nova?

I had a bad experience with DFX just last night, when I was shooting other gamers only to find them turning around and killing me. I just figured that the server was pretty poor, and that one day it will get better for everyone. Until then, good gaming to ya.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:52 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

No problem bro and funnily enough I've just put DFX back on my pc to give it another whirl!!!!

I still prefer my FPS games to be just guys with weapons as opposed to being able to use tanks, choppers etc but I will give this game another look see.

Warm Regards and good gaming to you too!!!!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:26 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
No problem bro and funnily enough I've just put DFX back on my pc to give it another whirl!!!!

I still prefer my FPS games to be just guys with weapons as opposed to being able to use tanks, choppers etc but I will give this game another look see.

Warm Regards and good gaming to you too!!!!

couldn't agree more. I like DFX's single player, but i hate that i'm a gunner and I can go fly a helicopter, suddenly hop in a boat, and a jeep and drive it
Old 06-01-2005, 04:09 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by -Elite-
couldn't agree more. I like DFX's single player, but i hate that i'm a gunner and I can go fly a helicopter, suddenly hop in a boat, and a jeep and drive it
Elite, this is like saying why don't I lose my head when I hit the helicopter blades. It's a game Bro, nothing more nothing less. The truth is there has got to be a certain amount of artistic licence, otherwise all games would feel the same. Personally, I like realism, up to a point. I mean in what war did anyone ever run around with a canon on their shoulders. Or enter a fight with just a knife expecting to win.

I understand your frustration, as I've experienced similar things myself with DFX and others in the series.

Now I'm going to give all those that think DFX isn't up to scratch a challenge. I've said before that a good map can and does make all the difference in any of the DF series. With that in mind, I want you and anyone else up to the challenge to download three of my maps and place them on a server until you've played all three at least once.

The three maps in question are all DM maps, and they are as follows: ExtremeDM/ExtremeDM2 and FortressDM. I will bet that if you do this you will come away thinking that you enjoyed it, and just maybe you'll change your minds about DFX.

And no, this isn't me plugging my maps I don't need to do that as they are freely available on several sites. I'm just trying to prove a point.

ps You'll have to wait for ExtremeDM2 as it's not up yet but it shouldn't be long.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
if u dont like it u could send it to me

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry