Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:21 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

2012 mid year MOVIE round up

The Woman in Black (2012) score: 4/10
Suckz totally, got the kid from Harry Potter in it, a very poor attempt at trying to bust out the Magic/Kids theme, this movie was done in the mid '80's still sucks, but the book is worth a read

Contraband (2012)score: 6/10
This has got that Robert Wahlberg guy, quite and whimpish he's done some cr@p movies since the writers strike but most have recovered...this guy hasn't....YET? (you gotta ask why?)

One for the Money (2012)score: 2/10
ROMCOM(romantic comedy) with a touch of action, no doubt to keep the boy friend awake.....AVOID

The Devil Inside (2012)score: 4/10
Based on a true story, about a women who does unauthorized exorcisms, I remember reading this in 'Time' but wasn't Italy.(chick_flick)

The Vow (2012)score: 3/10
Yet another chick_flick, like 50 first dates...BUT NOT FUNNY!!!!!

Underworld: Awakening (2012)score: 3/10
yawn...!! You decide: When human forces discover the existence of the Vampire and Lycan clans, a war to eradicate both species commences. The vampire warriors Selene leads the battle against humankind.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)score: 6/10
Really pissed off here, I'm a fan of IMF, no longer of T.Cruise
Great Support, Very Poor Story, Medium Direction, Cruise produces but don't think he'll be getting finance for MI5, at least not with my money...or yours if you are sober

Haywire (2011)score: 7/10
Soderbergh is a pervert, a very quirky style of direction, he pushes the limits and sometimes it aint nice. Your girl took you to the movies last week?....PAY HER OFF WITH THIS!

Rampart (2011)score: 6/10
I like Woody Harrelson, even as a bent cop, but why make LA look like it's 1999....? even then they cocked it up

We Bought a Zoo (2011)score: 3/10
Matt Damon as a comedian ...lol...most these actors so quick to make the bucks...don't know sh!t about type casting

New Year's Eve (2011) score: 2/10
S.O.A.P =RUN...The lives of several couples and singles in New York intertwine over the course of New Year's Eve.

Joyful Noise (2012) score: 2/10
AVOID at all costs, unless you have an interest in choir's or Dolly Parton

The Sitter (2011) score: 3/10
Weak pedophilic comedy Jonah Hill's big mistake, wait 'n see

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)score: 2/10
Great if you have a need to learn American English, otherwise avoid unless drunk

The Descendants (2011)score: 0/00
On location in H...I got drunk had a fight with some %%^%$, lawyer says go home, wife not talking,..THEN IT GETS AN OSCAR .....

Hop (2011) score: 5/10
Cartoons with Live Action...again, this could be a winner /longterm...short term is a flop

The Darkest Hour (2011) score: 4/10
Another flop..But I like it..and rumors, tell me it's gonna be rewritten and with another $40-$50 million thrown in..
In Moscow, five young people lead the charge against an alien race who have attacked Earth via our power supply.
Lotsa unanswered questions here.

Tower Heist (2011) score: 4/10
Top line stars, and starts well, then FIZZLES out, like a bad cracker, with a lot of poor acting from the great Ben Stiller, no less.

Immortals (2011) score: 3/10
I must have upset someone over Christmas, and got this BRay in my stocking, it's OK in places, trying to understand the Greek gods talking was tough, Esp now that the Greek country is so bust....AVOID!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo score: 7/10
Theres two versions of this, and the unintelligible one is the best
Bond really screwed up here, in the last and recent version.
Better than that I read the book, if you're on a flight this is the one to read.

These are the flicks available now at your local dvd/Br store
the above represents the opinions of one concerned with the failing industry standards...thank you!

"M"

(ps.Pt1)
Old 06-05-2012, 06:01 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
I was forced to watch The Vow with my girlfriend and it felt sorta incomplete. I was most definitely biased prior to entering the theater due to my hatred for Channing Tatum, though. I'd give it a 4-5/10.

As far as We Bought A Zoo, I actually thought it was kinda cute. The acting was ok, and it would help if you have never seen Matt Damon in an action movie. 6/10

The Descendants... hmmm, I watched this on a plane headed to Hawaii, so my happiness/giddiness on the way to paradise might have affected my rating. It's a strange movie, and I knew the simplistic style and somewhat renown cast would help bring in rave reviews. The plot isn't storybookish and the ending was a bad effort if you ask me. I'd give it no more than a 5/10.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:24 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Hi Bullet, take your girl to the movie Haywire, pay her back, simply amazing this cute chick can kill so many bad guys, and not mess her hair doing it...lol

"M"