Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Gen. Suicide is offline Gen. Suicide

Fond memories

I've sat here for ten minutes trying to describe how I miss this game as it was a great outlet and just absorbed my full attention for five years (1998-2003). I made some good friends over that time and wonder how, after losing touch, their lives have progressed. Every now and then I load up my game to check the lobby hoping, wishing I find some others from the old days. Always I find myself sad to see it isn't going to happen. Not disappointed, I understand it's only a game. It's just the only one to really capture me. It introduced me to multi-player gaming where as before it I was solely single player. As sad as it may be, it even taught me typing, particularly at a quick pace.

I saw someone else set up a multi-player server briefly with few joining. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing this game again.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I know how you feel, only with dflw... I sometimes load it up and play a few games. I have many fond memories of playing that game with all the squads I was in.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 07-19-2013, 10:29 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
I know how you feel, bud.

I devoted much of my childhood to modding/playing DF1-DFBHD, although much of my time was spent with DF2. Starting when I was around 8, I got DF1 as a birthday present and it absolutely consumed me. I played for hours on end (Castle Battle is still the most fun I've ever had in a video game) and squad-hopped like a complete n00b. My goodness, it was fun.

I still play DF2 every now and then, but I lost years of work for my WWII mod in a reformat (the only damn folder I forgot to back up), so that's completely killed my spirit for modding/playing it anymore (you'd think the game being a decade+ old would've done that a while back).
Old 07-20-2013, 04:49 AM
black hawk is offline black hawk

The very first game that I thoroughly enjoyed consciously was Delta Force. I have played it many times, and it is because of this game only, that i got hooked on gaming. I have played every other Delta Force game many times. I perceived the expansions as expansions, and therefore even enjoyed those a lot. Only Delta Force Xtreme 2 didn't live up to my expectation, still had its fun moments though.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:38 PM
MAJWIZ is offline MAJWIZ

Have all the delta force games liked dfx the best, got dfx2 a week or so back NOVA really messed up the tanks for SP. I always liked to drive a bike or hummer with first person view not 3rd person view. RATING FOR DFX3 === -3.