Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Gaming Talk

Gaming Talk Post all your game related stuff here. This includes PC, Console, Handhelds etc.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:39 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Arma iii

Been playing the Alpha this week and I'm really starting to like it (online) besides the crashes that are many and frequent. But there's a nice feel to it and played on a great server today with great teamwork and that was awsome fun even with the crashes every 5 to 15 min

http://www.arma3.com/

My photography website

Old 03-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Scorpionjr is offline Scorpionjr

Nice post SilentTrigger i played arma 2 and liked it so ill be playing arma 3 in the beta.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:39 AM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Looks awesome! Too bad I'm still running my college-budget laptop and can't play anything past DFX.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i'll be playing when it's released.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Coop? I just want a good Coop tactical shooter
Old 04-23-2013, 11:48 AM
-1PARA-

I mostly only play coop and it is quite brilliant in Arma 3, especially if you are a group of people playing with TS or simular

My photography website

Old 04-23-2013, 02:07 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Well let me know how you like it when it is released. I'd love to get it if it is that good.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

I've just read the view distance in ARMA III Alpha is now out to, wait for it... 20KM !!!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM
-1PARA-

Depends on what you set it too stomp

Anyways, now part of -1PARA- and we got several servers online for ARMA 3 (have had since the alpha) So please stop by for some fun

Filter for 1PARA in the game, need to be on dev branch to play on the server (game setting in steam)

My photography website

Old 08-14-2013, 03:49 PM

Colonial Marines down the tube
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 PM
GrnBrtSctSNP is offline GrnBrtSctSNP

This looks really really promising...I've been looking for a game to "replace" DF2 for soooooo long....glad you guys posted about it, thanks.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:52 PM
-1PARA-

Well so it's released, I know that I'm a bit late with my notice but better late then never. It's still a brilliant game and the game I play the most. The only game I've played soon 1000 hours on and play it at least two days a week with 1PARA, mostly coop but also TvT

With a few mods this game is the best FPS out there if you like it more tactical where you actually have to think rather then just run and gun

If anyone is up for a game add me on steam: -1PARA-AlexKall (might change to -1PARA-Satnav in the future)

We in 1PARA also have SAG missions twice a week where we do more organised games with tactics, having many active and former active military members it's a hoot!

My photography website

Old 02-20-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTrigger View Post
Well so it's released, I know that I'm a bit late with my notice but better late then never. It's still a brilliant game and the game I play the most. The only game I've played soon 1000 hours on and play it at least two days a week with 1PARA, mostly coop but also TvT

With a few mods this game is the best FPS out there if you like it more tactical where you actually have to think rather then just run and gun

If anyone is up for a game add me on steam: -1PARA-AlexKall (might change to -1PARA-Satnav in the future)

We in 1PARA also have SAG missions twice a week where we do more organised games with tactics, having many active and former active military members it's a hoot!
I'd like to join up but my ping from (AU) would be too high I reckon.

but... maybe you could help me out a bit with some Arma3 map feedback?

The first map in the list is COOP

http://steamcommunity.com/id/stompem/myworkshopfiles/
Old 02-24-2015, 07:43 AM
-1PARA-

I don't know much about mission making, we have two too five in 1PARA that does missions and modding. One tip would be to register on 1PARA forum and they might be able to help you out

We even have our own modded AI's on our COOP missions as the standard AI is meh. Think T8 has his AI for download somewhere as well

Also there are players from around the world playing, give it a try Some on our sag have pings of over 300 and still plays

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 02-24-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:16 AM

Just caught up with you on Steam

So far, for me the AI has worked just fine.

It may simply be the way I've structured my maps, (look at the AI in DFX2 but I did OK there I think) careful placement and working around limitations are what it takes.

The boffins at BI did a good job I reckon and there are heaps of settings you can make (without any mods) if you dig down.

I think alot of mappers don't investigate that side of it enough and fall back on scripts.

Practically everything I've seen done with script (behavior wise) can be done with the Editor.

So I don't really have any problems with the AI and as for Mods and Addons mate, I only map vanilla Arma3 so anyone can play.

Looking into server issues RE: Australia to Europe

See you soon I hope...
Old 02-24-2015, 08:23 AM
-1PARA-

The server we play on is my server and I can put a simple server up for you to test on if it's playable and what pings you get as they might be higher to Sweden then it is to continental Europe

Actually very interested in trying your COOP map

My photography website

Old 02-25-2015, 01:22 AM

Quote:
I still support NovaLogic (just renewed my Gold) and I continue working on maps for the games but I also delve elsewhere (always have).

So I hope that nobody minds that I continuing talking about it (Arma3) here.

AI Mods do sound good, I remember there being an AI patrol script.

Is there any way to run or extract behavior scripts without including the modded content?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:52 PM
-1PARA-

Depends how its done, generally its divided into two categories:

Scripts: These are added into the mission file it self so there are no mods needed but it is limited on what you can do, -1PARA-Igi_PL made a script for loading in supply boxes and small vehicles into bigger trucks and helicopters and you are able to drop these supplies from the helicopter with parachutes, getting in a helicopter with IgiLoad you can eject and you would automatically get a parachute attached you and when you land you get your gear and backpack you had before back, that is a mission script that you can add to any mission without requiring anything else (this script kind of defies the simple part, but generally they are simpler like revive scripts and so on).

Mods: You need to download these and have a key for both the server and the client, if these don't match you will be kicked off the server (if it's turned on to check these). With mods you can do a lot more complex features and change the game. Such as T8's mod which adds a hud with direction, stance indicator, rested weapons (resting them on walls and such) tripod use, medic functions with medic ambulances, indicators for health and a lot more
The downside of mods is that all mods the server have and the mission uses the clients wanting to play that needs as well, which can be large or even huge like one optional sound mod called DragonFyre (JSRS 3.0, more realistic gun sounds and battle sounds) that is over 4 GB (unpacked, ca 1.5 GB packed)

There are different ways to play on a moded server, more regularly distributed mods can be used by with Play withSix which will download the mods that the server uses for you if those are available on PWS, problem is that the some of the mods might be custom and not regularly available and then the PWS system fails because they can't provide you with those mods. Example of this is T8's mod that we use and I think we're the only one using it in 1PARA so it doesn't work to use PWS.

Arma3Sync is another that you setup a ftp repository where the mods are and then you go into Arma3Sync and just sync the mods to your computer (ca 3 clicks) and you pick the mods you want to start with and they start it. Problem with this is that you need a ftp server and you need to have the details to that ftp to be able to get the mods, so you need to know those having the server and get the details from them.

Third is for example on Steam workshop where they just give you a link to for example Armaholic where you can download the mod (Armaholic is the largest mod download site for arma 2 and 3) and add them in manually (copy files and enable the mods in the game)

My photography website

Old 02-28-2015, 08:12 AM

Yoiks