Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-07-2002, 04:15 PM
HD135 is offline HD135

Confused X ray vision ???

With all the talk of cheating going on I hesitate bringing this unusual occurence up. It may have an innocent explanation but I'm not sure what it could be. Recently I have been able to see through walls and to some degree, geographic objects. If you took a house and sliced off the outside wall then you would have the view I'm getting. There are times I'll spot someone lying down, get them in my crosshairs and shoot. After repeated attempts to make the kill Ive figured out they are actually on the other side of a hill. We all see the black dots but I am seeing the whole player when I should not be able too.
This occurence is not consistent with either stock or custom maps. It also ONLY HAPPENS ONCE IN A WHILE though it began approx. 2 week ago. If anyone has an answer or has had a similar experience I would like/need to hear it.
" Follow me if I advance
Kill me if I retreat
Avenge me if I die."
Old 07-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
u can do this all the time with players behind hills, just lower your sights and it looks liek they float up. if u cant see the black dot u probably wont be able to see them. but you can see someone about 2 m blow the hill depending on your position.
Old 07-07-2002, 05:49 PM
HD135 is offline HD135

Steve, I know what you are referring too and that is normal. What I am seeing is a step past that. This is someone I can see w/o lowering my scope. Im able to site on the player as if they were standing in the middle of the desert. And how about the houses? Isn't that unusal too?
Old 07-08-2002, 02:34 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

u get a new GFX card / driver / OS?
Old 07-08-2002, 07:25 PM
chunx2 is offline chunx2

re: xray vision

sounds weird, havent come across anything like that myself except 4days ago some 1 played in my room & their name came up in orange yet i was the only 1 that could see it.then i got 2 thinking wouldnt it be good if some1 could make a patch 2show some1s name in a differnt colour if they were using a {trainer}. just a thought.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:28 PM
HD135 is offline HD135

Unfortunately I have not made any hardware or software changes of late. It was my hope that someone would have an easy explanation. Obviously that is not the case. I'm starting to feel like one of those people that claimed they were abducted by aliens. They seem so sincere but.......
Old 07-08-2002, 10:58 PM
[wise1] is offline [wise1]

Send a message via ICQ to [wise1]
When .36 came out did you download it? If so there was a bug in it that made some computers (the older ones) leak there memory slowly.

Have you noticed programs not running as fast? Have you noticed the game loading longer? If so i think that is what is happening to your computer.

[wise1]
Old 07-08-2002, 11:25 PM
HD135 is offline HD135

Wise 1, the answers are unfortunately yes and no. Yes I did download .36 but no it didn't have any noticeable slow down effect on my circa 1999 Dell. Did I mention that my w X Ray vision only works during a full moon? Does that have any particular significance?
Just kidding of course but it is starting to seem a smidgen strange.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:19 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

i had .33 :P
which created loads of temporary files. but i didnt notice anything else with other patches.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:34 AM
Diamond Bullet is offline Diamond Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
HD i have the exact same problem but only if I am looking through my scope I have a pretty old graphics card is that the problem?

MSN: db_dasniper@hotmail.com

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 07-10-2002, 06:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Diamond Bullet Send a message via Yahoo to Diamond Bullet
doesnt always happen though only some houses especially the armoury

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

supplied by Nev
Old 07-10-2002, 06:23 PM
HD135 is offline HD135

Diamond, you have just reaffirmed my sanity. Thx. I hadn't considered that it happens only while using the scope. In retrospect I believe you are right. Yes, I have an old graphics card but I don't see the link. Mine has worked well until recently. Any reason why you mention that possibility? If you can remember the maps where it occurs I'd like to compare notes. The last one I can think of was a stock DM map called "Winter in Japan".
Old 07-11-2002, 06:30 AM
Blade is offline Blade

Send a message via ICQ to Blade
I use to have this problem all the time its just to do with your Video card (I think) When I upgraded from 32mb to 64MB it never happened again to me However it do's happen when I play DF2 Poor graphics’ on that game But still a fun game..

Its not about dieing for your country... Its about makeing your enemies die for theres.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:12 AM

its is an old graphics card which does and cos i have a voodoo3 :O (new 1 soon) and it only happens randomly

supplied by Nev
Old 07-18-2002, 05:13 AM

sometimes can be certain angle u r looking at it (armory)

supplied by Nev
Old 07-22-2002, 06:37 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Its is a fundamental flaw of the DF engine and is nothing new at all.
You can improve your chances of seeing through walls with a scope by lowering your resolution.
Some people like to refer to it as a wall cheat if you blast them with a barrat through the head when they are squating in a barn but its a normal part of DFLW.

Pretty much if you can see the dot without a scope you will be able to see the whole dude with a scope.

Its all part if the item based maps that DFLW uses.
Other games build their maps by scraping out the map from solid block and colouring in the walls.
This method looks great but limits the size of the map and couses graphic lag online.

Its a minor problem and to be honest if you can see someone who is just sat in a house then its fair game to use a high penetration weapon like the Barrat or FNMAG or if the wall is stone an AT4 and kick their camping asses out of their.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:55 PM
HD135 is offline HD135

An interesting angle that makes good sense. Mystery solved. Thx ZZ....
Old 07-23-2002, 06:08 PM
FateMaker is offline FateMaker

Send a message via ICQ to FateMaker Send a message via Yahoo to FateMaker
Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx
Its is a fundamental flaw of the DF engine and is nothing new at all.
You can improve your chances of seeing through walls with a scope by lowering your resolution.
Some people like to refer to it as a wall cheat if you blast them with a barrat through the head when they are squating in a barn but its a normal part of DFLW.

Pretty much if you can see the dot without a scope you will be able to see the whole dude with a scope.

Its all part if the item based maps that DFLW uses.
Other games build their maps by scraping out the map from solid block and colouring in the walls.
This method looks great but limits the size of the map and couses graphic lag online.

Its a minor problem and to be honest if you can see someone who is just sat in a house then its fair game to use a high penetration weapon like the Barrat or FNMAG or if the wall is stone an AT4 and kick their camping asses out of their.
Exactly, I experience the black dot almost all the time. I have 16mb Voodoo3 and my resolution is set at 640x480.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:10 AM

ty for the explaination zz

supplied by Nev
Old 07-24-2002, 07:11 AM
Massacre is offline Massacre

weird....

wierd.....but i think u need a new Graphix card