Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in joining Trojan's Militia?
Yes, sounds fun and educational! 18 75.00%
No, I'm not cool enough, sigh! 2 8.33%
Go to hell Trojan! 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2005, 12:41 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
US has 250 mil and china has like 2 billion!

I think that is very unwise of China. This is all the more reason to pull our industry out of China and back into the US.

I doubt the UN would to crap. They suck!
Old 07-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
North Korea has nuclear bomb, would-be defector claims: report

North Korea has nuclear bomb, would-be defector claims: report

A defector claiming to have been in the North Korean parliament said the communist state has produced a nuclear bomb and attempted to sell missiles to Taiwan, a South Korean magazine reported.

South Korean intelligence authorities declined to comment on the report in the Monthly Chosun, which said that the defector, a man believed to be in his 70s using the alias Kim Il-Do, defected to the South in May.

"North Korea has built a one-tonne nuclear bomb by using four kilogrammes of plutonium," he was quoted as telling the National Intelligence Service (NIS), South Korea's spy agency.

The North was now seeking to miniaturize the bomb to make it more reliable as a weapon, he reportedly said. The man claimed he had been in the North's parliament and had worked for the Marine Industrial Institute.

"We interview escapees from the North to verify their IDs and check their motives but we don't comment on any other specifics about them," an NIS spokesman said.

But a spokesman for North Korea's foreign ministry dismissed the report, according to Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

"The fiction is a sheer fabrication as there is no such institution in the north as the marine industrial institute to which he allegedly belonged. The statement allegedly made by him was full of lies," the spokesman said.

The United States says North Korea may possess one or two crude nuclear bombs and may have reprocessed enough plutonium for half-a-dozen more, from spent fuel rods at its Yongbyon nuclear complex.

More than 4,000 North Koreans have defected to the South since 1953. The number has shot up in the past four years, with more than 1,000 having reached South Korea last year.

Many defectors have arrived in South Korea, mostly via China, to escape famine caused by natural disasters and failed economic policies in their Stalinist homeland.

Professor Kim Young-Soo of Sogang University, an expert on defectors from the North, said he could not confirm the existence of the defector.

"However, the allegation that North Korea has produced a one-tonne nuclear bomb sounds plausible," he said.

A new round of six-nation talks aimed at bringing about the dismantling of North Korea's nuclear programs is due to be held in Beijing next week.

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 07-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
This so called defector could be a North Korean spy of sorts spreading propaganda such as the attempted sale of missle to Taiwan to protect themselves from China. This man could be trying to disrupt and confuse Communist China and North Korean relationships in the minds of the Democratic Allies view. Make sense?

Old 07-20-2005, 01:49 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I can totally see a war against China and N korea.

I don't think N korea would be as hard as China
Old 07-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

This is a multiple choice poll!

Old 07-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Taiwan concerned over Russian-Chinese joint exercise:

TAIWAN CONCERNED OVER RUSSIAN-CHINESE JOINT EXERCISE

RIA Novosti

HONG KONG (Siangan), (From RIA Novosti's Mark Zavadsky) - Taiwan is concerned over the future Russian-Chinese joint military exercise, Lai Yichong, member of the board of directors of the Taibei-based analytical center "Taiwan", told RIA Novosti.

"This subject is not being widely discussed in society yet because attention is being focussed on 'the law on counteraction to a split of the state', adopted in China early in March, however, the expert community is actively discussing the future exercise", he said.

In his words, Taiwan sees this exercise as a threat to its security.

"Considering that Russia unreservedly supported China's adoption of 'the law on counteraction to a split of the state' the fact of holding such exercise is an alarming sign for Taiwan", he stated.

In the expert's opinion, it does not matter so much where the exercise will be held - in direct proximity to the island or off the coast of one of the provinces in Northern China.

"If the exercise is held on the coast an involves the navy, the island will see this as a rehearsal of the invasion of Taiwan," he stated.

An exercise at sea will also cause apprehensions in Japan and the USA, he stressed.

"A Russian-Chinese exercise in such format will inevitably cause concern in Japan and the US, which will make them follow the development of the situation in the Taiwan straits even more closely," he said.

The Russian-Chinese exercise is to be held in China in the autumn of 2005. The exact time and place of the exercise will be fixed in late August-early September, Russian General Staff Chief Yuri Baluyevsky, who was on an official visit to China, told the press in Beijing during the weekend.

General Baluyevsky also stressed that "this will be a large-scale exercise".

The Taiwan analytical center is considered to be one of the main brain trusts of the ruling Democratic and Progressive Party of Taiwan. Many results of its research, as wellas concepts become the foundation of the political decisions of the party and Taiwan administration head Chen Shuibian.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
But didnt we believe defectors before from Iraq....And look how that turned out.

Also Havent N.Korea said loads of times it has the bomb already so this is very old news isnt it?

As for china and the way its becoming a super power Or climbing the ladder to the top, History has shown us that the top powers always fall to the wayside, Look at the romans they had nearly everything but where are they now.

Some of the things starting to be posted around here are starting to get me down, Its getting more like a real War Room with the end goal being WW3 aka a Nuclear War.

Just the way im reading all this....

I dont think these things are needed on a game site anymore.

Sal.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Do you game Sal? This is important news that every person should read and have an opinion on. I don't like people who are affraid of news even on a game site. Members should be able to know reality from fantasy. I like to have adult conversation about things that are as important to our future as these. All of this news saddens me but war is a harsh reality that all of us gamers play everyday in these NovaLogic games. This is the General forum. The gaming forums are below.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Sal, I have requested a "World News" or "Current Events" forum for those of us gamers that wish to discuss these things.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

But your believing Media Hype or taking it as Its true, If it was'nt for the media we would have France,Germany,Russia with us in Iraq.

The Media will be the cause of WW3, And as for this being something everyone should be reading I beg to differ, If you look over the age polls that have been done most on here are Kids and I dont think they need anyone scaring them out of their witts with this.

Resposabilitys go with being an Admin dont it?

Or setup a seperate forum so if your over a cirtain age you see it, But Ill never let my kids on here as in NovaHQ anymore.

This isnt personal m8, Its just my point of view on what should kids be reading.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
Sal, I have requested a "World News" or "Current Events" forum for those of us gamers that wish to discuss these things.
ok m8, Its just hard to believe that you would want kids to read this stuff.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Personally I hope we get hit by an Astroid than having some pratt pressing a button thinking anyone could win.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

I talk to my 10 and 12 year old nephews about my time in the Military and about Nuclear and Biological war and death and destruction that our enemies could inflict on us all the time m8. Kids should be smart about it. It's not scaring kids. It's making them smart and turning many kids into making adult judgements and decissions that many parents can't do or teach their children.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Look at the stats of the site that I get my information.

VISITS TO DRUDGE 07/20/05

010,200,675 IN PAST 24 HOURS
231,225,571 IN PAST 31 DAYS
3,491,620,177 IN PAST YEAR

Old 07-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

I see what your saying But what is the use in being smart about it when if 1 Nuke is fired from anywhere in the world all nukes from every country that owns them will also fire them, Either in retaliation or in an Ally response.

there will be no one left to be smart, If the nukes didnt kill you the fact the planet could not take such a pounding in one hit... thats it----The End----

Now you have me scaring Kids....OMG!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Sal, I grew up in the Cold War era. When I was a child in school, we had disaster drills all the time for Tornados and Nuclear War. It's part of our way of life.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Anyway Sal, I don't like to argue. It's all about awareness. No matter the age, a kid comes here and reads some news and goes and talks to his mom or dad about it, then it is something good. We live in scary times m8. I feel as an Admin here it is my responsibilty to promote awareness.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

I dont know if you ever had Frankie Goes To Hollywood's "Two Tribes" over in the US the video to that record is how all wars should be fought, Put the leaders that have the problems with eachother in a ring and beat the crap out of eachother the winner wins.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Trojan
Anyway Sal, I don't like to argue. It's all about awareness. No matter the age, a kid comes here and reads some news and goes and talks to his mom or dad about it, then it is something good. We live in scary times m8. I feel as an Admin here it is my responsibilty to promote awareness.
Sorry m8 If its sounds like an Argument, Its just my bad way of typing I wasnt to good at school....lol

I thought we were having a debate...
Old 07-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Arguement = Debate in my book, hehe. No hard feeling towards you m8. Cheers!