Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:23 AM
random48423843 is offline random48423843

Exporting Stock JO Maps

Hello! Is it possible to export the original Joint Operations maps into a map editor such as NILE? I'm interested in taking some of the AAS missions and adding bots to them for the sake of (somewhat) recreating some live action in them.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:36 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentientTR View Post
Hello! Is it possible to export the original Joint Operations maps into a map editor such as NILE? I'm interested in taking some of the AAS missions and adding bots to them for the sake of (somewhat) recreating some live action in them.
NILE will open NPJ and NPZ files.

MIS files (not BMS files) can be imported into the NILE.

Tools from the DB are needed.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:02 PM
random48423843 is offline random48423843

Thanks for the response, stompem. Do you have any idea how I would go about getting the map "Dormant Volcano Isle" imported into NILE, for example? Are there any tools I can use to export those maps that shipped with the game into NILE? If so, what exactly what I need to do?

I don't see any of those file types listed above in the JO directory.

Any ideas are highly appreciated - and my apologies for not replying sooner.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentientTR View Post
Thanks for the response, stompem. Do you have any idea how I would go about getting the map "Dormant Volcano Isle" imported into NILE, for example? Are there any tools I can use to export those maps that shipped with the game into NILE? If so, what exactly what I need to do?

I don't see any of those file types listed above in the JO directory.

Any ideas are highly appreciated - and my apologies for not replying sooner.
Go here http://www.novahq.net/files.php?Cate...phoon%20Rising and get the PFF Editor and the bms to mis converter.

Use the PFF editor and go to your JO directory with it and open a file called localres.pff and extract any npz or bms you find.

Also extract any of their related files such as .til .wac

These files will all be named the same in their first part.

Example:
OTRb06.bms, OTRb06.til,OTRb06.wac etc...

You'll need these files if you're going to modify and rename your missions as all mission files must be named the same for the engine to call them up and link them together in the main loop.

So once you've done this you'll then need to convert the bms files to mis files.

They can then be edited in the MEd or the NILE and you'll be able to import them into the nile with it's built in mission importer but you must convert the *BMS files into MIS files first.

*BMS are mission project files converted into binary form for the engine to use and cannot be edited in the normal way.

*Mission files are the mission editor project files.
They're written in a human readable form that can actually be edited manually but the MEd does that job very well for you.

*NPZ are compressed (zipped) mission files built for the NILE and it has options to open and save them as NPJ (Nile Project Files) for editing.

Hope this helps...

It's a lot at once and I'm not a teacher but if you have problems with this come back and explain them one at a time and see if we can work through this for you.